Pay by Cash
What is Pay by Cash?
Travelguru, in association with GharPay is happy to provide a new payment option to our customers. You can now book a hotel and pay for it by cash. This payment will be collected by us from the address provided by you while making a provisional booking on Travelguru.com.
What are the other types of payment options available with Travelguru?
Apart from Pay by Cash, Travelguru also accepts payments by any of the following options:
- Credit cards - All Visa and MasterCards are accepted
- Cash Deposit - Cash can be deposited in ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank and CitiBank
- Cheque - Cheques can be deposited into the Travelguru accounts in ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank and CitiBank
- Wire Transfer - Cash can be wire transferred to the Travelguru accounts in the above mentioned banks from anywhere in India
- Net banking - Payment can be made via any of the bank options available on Travelguru.com
If you wish to avail any of the above options: call us @ 91 92222 72222
How does Pay by Cash work?
To know if Gharpay service is available in your city: Click Here
Once you book with Travelguru.com & choose the 'Pay by Cash' option & fill in all details. You will receive a call from a Gharpay Executive within 2 hrs of your booking.
- If your booking was before 11: 00 am, then your money will be collected within the same day. If your booking is later than 11:00 am, the collection will be done on/by the next day.
- You will receive a call from the GharPay Executive to fix an appointment and confirm the order for collection of cash.
- If the cash to be collected against your order is Rs. 50,000 or more, it is mandatory to hand over a photo-copy of your Income Tax PAN Card to the GharPay Executive. (Cash will NOT be collected if this rule is not observed)
- GharPay Executive will visit your mentioned address to collect the payment. He will provide 2 receipts (one from Travelguru & one from GharPay).
- In case the amount to be collected is less than Rs. 5000, Travelguru will charge you Rs. 50 for this service.
- After receiving the payment, a confirmation email & SMS will be sent from Travelguru.
Your booking is provisional and needs to be confirmed by making the cash payment to the GharPay Executive. The booking stands confirmed only if money is collected by midnight of the next day.
If this is not done, your booking automatically stands cancelled and you may have to re-book, based on the updated availability/ rates. An auto-expiry message will be sent to your email by Travelguru.com.
Please note that the GharPay pick-up may not happen if:
- You fail to respond to the calls made by GharPay's Executive (maximum 3 attempts)
- You are not accessible on phone throughout the day.
- You have confirmed the appointment but are not available at home when GharPay's Executive visits.
Some points that are very important to make sure that your transaction goes well:
- Please ensure that the telephone number that you provide for the Pay by Cash option is always available and answered
- It is important that your address and landmark are very clear. This will help us locate you easily and complete the process faster
- Please be available at the designated address with the full amount of cash as per the provisional voucher sent to you. Your booking gets cancelled if we do not receive full amount of cash on the designated date.
- Before payment of cash to GharPay Executive, please make sure that the person approaching you is a genuine employee of GharPay and that he provides you an official GharPay receipt and a Travelguru provisional booking voucher.
When does my booking get confirmed?
Your booking will get confirmed after we receive full payment. After receiving the payment, a confirmation email & SMS will be sent to you from Travelguru.
Who is GharPay?
Gharpay is a doorstep cash payment network who sends a GharPay Executive to collect the cash.
How many days in advance do I need to make a Pay by Cash booking?
All Pay by Cash bookings have to be made atleast 3 days prior to the check in date.