of our customers recommend this hotel.
All reviews displayed below have been submitted by customers who stayed at this hotel.
Average Guest Rating
Room Quality (3.6)
Service Quality (3.3)
Dining Quality (2.9)
Villa Theresa - Individual ratings and reviews:
UTKARSH from BENGALOORU(BANGALORE, India recommends this hotel - Posted: 17 Aug 2011
The hotel lacks a proper house keeping service,cleanliness of the rooms.There is no intercom facility.It takes a long time for the staff to get what you order.The staff members(total 3) are nice guys.
The rooms are OK.Location is fine as its near to the calangute and baga beaches.
ARUNANGSHU from MUMBAI(BOMBAY), India recommends this hotel - Posted: 13 Sep 2010
If you are running on a shoe string but still looking for a resort like ambience in calangute-baga area, Villa Theresa is a good bargain!
5 mins walk from the Calangute beach road towards Baga beach, turn left near Hunry eyes, cross German Hotel and you have reached your destination. Villa Theresa gives a nice home like feel, a small pool & a garden. Make sure you book the pool side room, preferably room no. 3.
The owner is a Russian lady who is indeed helpful. Room is clean, interiors is nothing great to mention except the old wooden furnitures. There is a narrow passage to the Calangute beach, just 2 mins walk. Don't be fooled by the 'complimentary breakfast', it's nothing but 2 slices of bread & a cup of tea/ coffee. Service is generally fast though only once I had to remind again.
Overall, I will still recommend for the budget travelers.
KENNETH from Valsad, India recommends this hotel - Posted: 30 Aug 2010
I stayed 4 nights in this hotel. I was with my 7 yrs old son only. I faced mix experience of this hotel. Be honest, I like to write down following Good and Bad things for this hotel.
(1) Good peaceful location.
About hotel location, there is shortcut from the hotel very near to Calangute market. So easily get anything.
(4) The room was clean at time of check-in, good ventilation and a balcony in every room. So day time good natural light in the room. (Pool side room is much batter).
(5) Good availability of hot water.
(1) The hotel is operating by one Russian lady. She is not here and instead of her some another foreign lady (I think she is also Russian) is operating this hotel. I have faced her worst nature. Very arrogant. Not even good behave with staff.
(2) The hotel is very near to beach, but that beach location is useless. Nobody coming there. You will feel lonely/ unsafe. The way of the beach is dirty and locality of cheap class public. Two days I bear horrible loud speaks noise till late night.
(3) Big problem is parking. Not even you can park two-wheeler. We have to park our vehicle on road side (compound wall). If you are going with four wheeler� leave it.
(4) Very small swimming pool. Height of the water in whole pool is same. i.e. 5.5 feet. Even they didn�t provide rubber swim tube for my boy. So I purchased it my own from the market.
(5) We need to ask for small-small things. Like towel, soap, cleaning, TV remote, taking empty tray/ cup, drinking water etc.
(6) But the surprise is a small poor boy is handling all this. That lady doesn�t spent money for good desk representative.
Overall not enjoyable but affordable stayed in this hotel. I must say thank you to Travel Guru.. They were constantly touched with me from the airport to hotel. And last but not in the list� if you can contact that original Russian lady, who own this hotel. Just tell her to replace this entire lady. ALL WILL WELL. Thanks.
ANDERSON from Bangalore, India recommends this hotel - Posted: 29 Sep 2009
We traveled to Goa from Bangalore by KSRTC's Volvo Bus service, we reached Panjim the last stop in Goa at 8:30AM, with my wife, kid and the luggage we didn't know what to do as our check-in time was 12 noon, therefore I gave a call to the hotel Villa Theresa, and to my relief the lady at the reception told me that I can come down straight to the hotel and check-in immediately as the room is vacant. I hired a cab and reached the hotel with the help of the map provided on their web site. The hotel is about 10 minutes walkable distance from Calangute beach. The rooms were very clean & bright with good ventilation and a balcony in every room. We were received by Julia (Russian) who runs the hotel, she is a very pleasant lady. We immediately refreshed ourselves, the hot water is provided 24/7, after which we were served with breakfast which was complementary. The staff at the hotel were very cooperative and we did not have any problems. I can highly recommend this Hotel for families. The swimming pool was also very clean but unlike other hotels with the same facilities, the space around the pool is not sufficient for lounging. The other draw back of this hotel is that they do not have any contacts with tour operators in Goa for sightseeing or for renting bikes or cars. There are no parking facility inside the hotel and the vehicles has to be parked outside the compound, but it is quite safe in Goa. For sightseeing the best option in Goa is to go directly to GTDC office at Calangute beach, they have sightseeing tours of South & North Goa, and the guide accompanies you around and it is well managed. The food is quite expensive near the beach and you have to look around for a cheaper one, for breakfast Sagar is the best option and for lunch and dinner Panjabi hotels(Non Veg) are quite good.On the whole it was a pleasant stay in Goa
GAGAN from Pune, India recommends this hotel - Posted: 15 Sep 2008
This hotel is just perfect for a getaway from the busy hustle of our daily lives and gives the right combination of comfort and pleasures. Situated at just approx 3 minutes walk from Calangute beach, it was a perfect place to unwind with a comfortable air conditioned room and a nice choice of food in the menu.
Couple of points that could have just made it all the more great :
1) The hotel is run by a lady who barely understands English, so it was a little difficult to get across some pointers
2)Even though the menu mentioned tea to be priced at Rs 50 per large pot and we ordering the same every time, we were surprised to see ourselves being charged at Rs 30 PER CUP. Again the communication issue with the lady forced us to accept our fate and move on. Overall I came back much refreshed from the short visit to Villa Theresa.