Magnificent Mount Abu at Hillock Hotel
Mount Abu is “an oasis in the desert” and everyone must visit at least once in a lifetime. At an altitude of 1,220 meters above the sea level, it is the only hill station in Rajasthan. Mount Abu can be reached by road in approximately 10-12 hours from Mumbai by road.
Booking a hotel in advance is always a viable option as it reduces last minute confusion. I wanted to visit this destination with my family so we searched through many hotels in Mount Abu and finalized one which matched our specific requirements. We decided to check-in at Hillock Hotel which is located very close to the main market and bus stand.
Hillock Hotel Mount Abu is situated amidst the greenery of bountiful nature and is eco-friendly. We were welcomed by splendid dancers who performed the traditional Rajasthani folk dance. It was beauty coupled with grace and finesse. Dancing fountains with soft music and a spacious lobby area actually soothes your senses after a tiresome journey.
The recreational facilities for children and the swimming pool keep the little ones occupied. We had booked a terrace suite room which were garden facing. Mayur restaurant at the hotel offers cuisines from across the world. We enjoyed a sumptuous lunch at the multi-cuisine restaurant which offered Chinese, Mexican, Italian and Indian cuisine. Hot chocolate and snacks at the coffee shop was accompanied by the regular chit-chat. We also enjoyed a little song and dance session around the bonfire and played a game called Mafia.
Some of the most impressive places I saw at Mount Abu are:
- The Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary spans across 290 kms with the most enchanting flora and fauna. Over 820 rare species of plants and 250 rare species of birds are home to this sanctuary.
- Adhar Devi Temple, Shri Raghunathji Temple, Achaleswar Mahadev Temple, Kantinath Temple are some of the best Hindu temples.
- Nakki Lake which is surrounded on all sides by hills offers a tranquil boating experience.
- Toadrock is a turtle shaped Rock at a nearby hill.
- The Dilwara temples are an architectural marvel with complex and intricate stone carvings of white marble and are as old as the 13th century AD.
- Guru Shikhar the highest peak of Aravali at 1722 meters offers the most excellent sunset.
How to get there?
Connectivity to Mount Abu through rail and road is good with the national highway no. 14 barely 24 kms away. Reaching there by air is one of the most viable options taking convenience into consideration with Udaipur airport barely 185 kms away. Ahmedabad is better connected through airways at just 221 km from Mount Abu.
Mount Abu – the only hill station in Rajasthan, is a good escape from the summer heat for people staying across Rajasthan and Gujarat. Situated in Sirohi district of Rajasthan it is one of the best places I have seen with freezing cold winter nights at 4 degrees Celsius. It was surely a trip to remember and we all enjoyed the stay at Hillock Hotel to the core. We bid adieu to Mount Abu and went ahead to explore our next destination.