i have visited so many homestays and resorts but i am feeling like not worth going there.no amenties are there.only some place is there that also so called cricket and vally ball.other than that no activities are there.we have been to that place with office staff.girls room cupborads are not good.Boys rooms are like a hospital general ward.no activities are there.Its my opinion that for that much money that is not worthful.otherwise simply you can go and njoy if persons have lot of money and thinking how to waste
We The 3 idiots, friends from our graduation days and now with our families visited this place for a day.
Traveling from Mangalore to this home stay was a adventures drive in our Bolero since charmadi ghat road and then last 4 km was a real test for me.
Coffee Terrain first impression , Accommodation, Location all too good.
Hospitality provided by Owner and Ms. Soumya was of top class.
In evey possible way they made sure that our stay goes very smooth. Special food and attention given for my son of 3year old. Each and every request of us they fulfilled.
Campfire arrangements with starters service, lot of place to play and dance, good music and facilities for food and drink are of top quality.
Food provided was of good taste and quality. More of Mangalore taste food than Malnad.
Areas to improve .... Sign boards on the way, improved quality of Road.
This place is must visit if you need a break from city life and enjoy your personal time with family. Very good hospitality from the staff and people there. Good quality food. I would suggest not to complain about approach road or non-availability of amenities like TV, WiFi or mobile network!
Enjoy the serene nature of good people and environment around.
You can speak to the owner and give suggestions in case of room for improvements if any.
I would recommend this place for families and for the couple who want to have long-lasting cherishable memories.
I have visited Coffee Terrain twice, once with friends and later with family and this place is making me visit again and again for many reasons.
A perfect get away not so far from city (5 - 6 hours drive from Bengaluru)
Secluded place to stay away from the city chaos
The home stay is surrounded by coffee plantations, silver oak trees and has a perfect view of the mist covered peaks right from the cottages
Well maintained rooms with clean and hygiene beds
They also have a separate dining area (Food will also be served to your rooms upon request)
Though we checked in late in the afternoon freshly prepared lip smacking lunch was ready later the famous Chikkamagaluru Coffee, snacks followed by the non veg starters and dinner was served later at night
Special mention about the hospitality of the home stay host Manjunath, Pooja. They were always there to help us in every aspects and guide us to the nearby places.
The home stay is close to Bhadra wild life sanctuary, falls (dont remember the name of the falls) and, mullayanagiri, bababudanagiri, Jhari falls and other scenic places.
You can also enjoy games like volley ball, badminton
We had other two groups of guests staying with us, but this did not hamper the hospitality shown towards us
I dont know, how many reviews mentioned here are genuine.. I had been to this place, trust me couldnt even stay there for an hour, since booking is done in advance, I had to bare the pain.
I would like to rate this Home Stay zero ratings, for the following reasons:
1) Road to reach Coffee Terrain (CT) is horrible, taxis refuse to come or charge Rs 1000 for each drive from city to CT.
2) There are only three cottages. The cottages have only beds, no chair or a table, the cupboard is poorly maintained. Nobody will dare to keep their valuables in it.
3) There is no TV or telephone (intercom), so if you need a cup of coffee, you will have to walk to the owners house, this is the only way of communication you can do with the home stay management.
4) Except BSNL and at sometimes Airtel you wont get any other network.
5) The home stay is just surrounded by coffee plants, and Silver Oak trees (if any person has stayed in village, will not find too much of difference).
6) Rs 2,200 charged for each person not worth paying so much, because we dont get choices in the food, for breakfast you will be served Neer Dosa or Akki Roti, or plain dosa and Kara Bath (uppittu). In the night only Chicken Kabab (limited ) is served as starter, (you will not have choices) and food Chapathi, Idli and rice (No choice again).
7) Home Stay doesnt provide you any activities other than camp fire. (no Nature Ride or Trekking or any other things those are mentioned in their website.
8) Home stay claimed before booking that they will send their own vehicle to pick us, but later claims that they vehicle is not available. They will arrange for a taxi, the driver at the end of the trip confessed that he is charging more because he has to pay commission of around Rs 600 to the Home Stay owner.
9) I suggested the owner Manjunath to make basic arrangements like TV, telephone and vehicle.
Hot water available.
Cleanly maintained rooms.