Stay at Taj Khema ... and 'feel' Taj. Enjoy cup of coffee/tea while watching Taj.
Comfortable stay. Soft-spoken staff and tasty food. view Taj from lawn area. Enjoy sunrise and sun set. From same point you will see the two different color shade of Taj... Choose "full moon" dates.
If you are a Taj lover...want to spent some time to see the whitish gorgeous tombs of Tajmohol in a fullmoon night or a sunny morning in the winter then your destination must be Hotel Taj Khema ..it a UPTDC resort..you can book it through UPTDC website or through any hotel booking engines...a simple but exotic ..there are tents as well as cottages..it is better to choose cottages in winter than tents...there is a Taj view point..if you are a boarder there then it will be totally free for you..to reach this hotel you have to ride battery car or rikshaw or tanga..in the evening whole surroungdings become just awaesome..due to the vicinity of Taj eastern gate you have a lot of opportunity to explore Taj as well as the surrounding market which it too ATTRACTIVE. .the main usp is its position and cordial behaviour of its staffs...in one word you can say "Simple near the east...Taj Khema is the best"
Stayed at Tajkhema for 2 nights on December 28 and 29, 2016. We were a group of 5 in 2 rooms. Bed and breakfast was the condition when I made the booking.The following are our experiences:-
1. At breakfast, the manager or whoever it was managing the reception desk, told us rudely that only 4 breakfasts would be provided, the 5th would be charged. We have absolutely no problems in paying for a paltry plate of poori- bhaji, but the hostile and rude attitude of the manager was something new in our travels over India.
2. They do not have a card reader. Surprise and suspicion!! When the whole country is going digital in finance, a mammoth like a state tourism does not have a card reader.
3. We paid in cash, for extra breakfasts, meals, an extra poori we had taken, haha..such cheap behaviour, and we were not the only ones, other guests too were being treated like that. Its their culture!!
4. They do not have electric kettles, which, I think is a basic fixture.
5. The rooms and toilets were clean but have not seen a sincere renovation in ages. I suppose the housekeeping is on contract basis and job security is an issue, thus the rooms are more or less livable.
6.The cooking is simple and good, saving grace!
7. The toilets have very cheap soap and shampoo pouches. No commode showers.
8. If you leave the hotel on a Friday, no transport is arranged to take you to the greenzone starting point which is where you leave your petrol/diesel vehicles.
9. Having said all that, Tajkhema has a wonderful view of Tajmahal.A prime piece of property, mismanaged. I sincerely request UP Tourism to sit up, take cognizance and remedial steps.
Why should I stay in TAJ Khemka?
1. You will get best TAJ view from the hotel.
2. It's walking distance from TAJ. Just 2minutes walk.
Why should I avoid TAJ Khem?
1. It's not luxury and Beds are not comfortable.
2. Room service is not good.
3. In breakfast you will get only 1 dish.
Conclusion- Not preferred, the only point to stay there is Location
view from TAJ Khema
We stayed there in December 2013. Their room heater stopped working at midnight and we were almost frozen. Next morning before leaving that goddamn place, we wanted to find the manager but could not trace that scoundrel.