Proximity to the Golden Temple is the only point in favour of this budget hotel. No hot water as they only use solar power and there was no sun, rooms are not clean neither are towels and sheets. Definitely not recommended. Wi-fi was 'broken' for 24 hours. Staff are somewhat belligerent
We stayed at Treebo Trend Dee Intercontinental from 10-13 July 2019 and we were a family of 13 including 3 kids, 1 wheelchair bound person and 1 senior citizen. At the most, It is a 3 star stay. If you are staying in this place, you are most likely a tourist and not on business trip because this hotel is quite close to Golden Temple and Jallianwala Baug, the main attractions of Amritsar.
Coming to the specific review,
- The hosts are courteous and fairly friendly as are most of the local people in Punjab. Mr.John (I still don't know if that is his actual name but that doesn't matter :-P ) is a very resourceful person. He can help you with your local travel needs or arranging a birthday cake or anniversary decorations or whatever such things at decent rates.
- Room size is fine and Bed is good for 3 people and with an additional mattress /sofa, even 4 people can stay.
- They do provide tea maker with tea bags, coffee satches, sugar, milk powder.
- TV in rooms are good and have good channel list subscription.
- AC is not that good and it took a long time to cool the room. I don't think it could ever go below 20, if you expect that.
- Breakfast is tasty but you would have very limited options (maybe that is a norm for most places, esp. considering the affordable price tag of this place. We got it for about 1500 per room per night). The breakfast menu used to be Paratha/ Kulcha along with Curd, Pakoras or Chhole sabji. In addition to that there would be milk, tea, bread, Jam. They do have a toaster and on one day they made Omlettes for us. The kitchen hygiene is average. If you are the low immunity types, you should avoid the food. But if you are okay with street food elsewhere, this place is okay for you. I repeat, the sabji was tasty.
- During our presence there, the lift malfunctioned 2 days out of 3. Everytime, they had to send someone to hold the door tight for it to close and then it functioned. One can imagine our anxiety with a wheelchair bound person accompanying and we being given a room on the 2nd floor.
- The hot water never came out of the tap, although the host kept promising us the repair for first 2 days. They finally offered us buckets filled with hot water. But those also came after multiple follow-ups. Well, have you tried heating water in the tea maker and using that water to mix it with cold tap water? Could be good quick fix when the geyser doesn't work. :-D
- The water is hard water. The soap doesn't wash off easily. Don't know if that is a problem with the water or the bath gel because they don't give you soap. There is only a bubble bath gel.
- Dental Kits are not placed in the room. You have to ask for it. Then they give you only toothbrush. Then you ask for toothpaste. Then you tell them that there are two of you in the room, so one kit is not enough. Then you feel, you should've used your own toothbrush. I was upset because Treebo on its website claims loudly about amazing toilet kits.
- There is no Telephone Jet Spray in the toilet, so all the best with tissue paper and adjusting your position such that the toilet seat spray hits your **** in the right place.
- The cleanliness was okay, though not outstanding. The staircase had water spilled over. No wet floor sign board of course. They said it's the rain but there was such minimal rain during our stay that I shudder to think what would happen to their infrastructure if it rained heavily.
- Overall, I would say it is an ideal place for a group trip of bachelor friends and for low expectation families who are wanting to stay close to Golden Temple. May not be a great experience for young couples.
We booked this hotel to celebrate our anniversary. We booked this hotel from 11 may to 12 may... This hotel is located just 7 minutes walking distance from golden Temple. Staff is very nice and helpful... We booked a room but for our surprise they gave us a duplex which is very nice... Room and bathroom is vey clean... Spacious room... I forgot my aadhaar card... One just one call from Gurgaon they courier it for me... Awesome... Wish u all the best... Next time I visit Amritsar again I mean going to book this hotel
Hotel is very close to nearby tourist attractions. Staff is well trained and fast in service. Management is good and helpful.rooms are spacious and well maintained and clean. No problem during the stay.
The Hotel Location was fair as it was near to the Golden Temple. The rooms and the hotel was not clean. The room was fair big and good in size but it should be cleaned properly. The toilets was not with the toiletries & no packed water.