Please don't go to this resort...
March 31, 2016
1. We booked Jungle safari package for 3 rooms/2 nights inclusive of all meals with 50% advance payment but when we reached the resort, we had been told that we will get only 1 room there and other 2 rooms in other resort as they had extended a big group's stay with heavy compensation in our rooms. We said we can't split our group so we stayed at other resort for 2 nights which was totally unfair.
2. We booked jungle safari package in advance still they put us in a current booking situation where they asked for our help to go and stand in Que for booking at 3am for 6am morning safari which we refused as we booked it in advance. In return they booked buffer zone safari in morning which is more of residential zone where farmers and villagers stay so there were no chance of sighting a tiger. In the afternoon they booked Core zone safari but again the gate no. was 3 which is also known for rare sighting
3. The only good point was the meal which was unarguably good but again we were promised for 2 veg lunches and 2 non veg dinner in advance still they served the non veg to us like we are doing some crime. We had to eat it inside only because the big group who was veg would not had liked it if we ate it in outer area.
4. When we went for the safaris we saw some boards and hoardings specifying safari rates and we were shocked to know that these guys charged us almost 3 times more than the actual rates.
5. We booked for group of 10 people and due to some unavoidable reason we couldn't manage the total no of people and we were 9 at actual. So since the beginning we asked the refund for that 10th person as she couldn't made it. They argued with us that once the package is booked then they can't cancel it as the safari bookings had been done in advance which was not the case. They hadn't booked the safaris in advance which they admitted previous day of safaris. So we had to fight for the refund in the end and we got 80% of it.
When we landed at the resort after a 3 hours long journey, we were taken directly to a guest house called Narmada and told by the attendant that we will be put up there for one night. The manager had the cheeks to do this without intimating us prior or even addressing it in person. When questioned, apparently our rooms had been allocated to a vegetarian group and we had to adjust in another so called basic resort for stay. The treatment during lunch and dinner was more appalling, as we had opted for non-veg and due to the other group we had to eat it secretively. Never in my life have I encountered such hostility towards the guest in the most modest of the places. only saving grace was the quality of food though.
The location is very good . When i reached GTV resort in evening , i was welcomed by Manager MR VIKAS ,Asst manager MR SUBHAS & staff . I did entry in book & i got my room keys . One of the staff took keys , another took my laguages , & rest 3 walked with me giving full info of BANDHAVGARH . .I got delux non ac room num 210 on frrst floor facing swimming pool . Oh my what a room . As the staff opened room door i was suprised to see such a wonderful ,neat & beautiful room . I felt i was in room of palace . MY Bathroom was big , & very very neatly cleaned , with hot 7 cold water ,fine good big washbasin , with 2 small soaps & shampoos kept there . There were 2 big towels (WHITE ) very neat & clean. ( FOOD ) = = GREAT & excellent food as made at home . Neat dishes , decorated water jugs , with old water , salad decorated in fine dish . & when u r on table after the first hot butter roti is given ,, the roties come hot & served to u . hot & spicy dal fry, jeera rice , 2 types of vegetables ( one punjabi dish & 1 indian , & lots more things r served to u .When u r eating 3 waiters r standing there serving u & asst manager stands there & sees that all is well. I told them that i want to eat chinese veg fried rice & manchurian , & in eve i got it fresh spicy & hot served. The staff is very quite & neately dressed . This resort has beautiful gardens , basket ball ground ,, small ground for camp fire,& swimming pool is very neat & water is daily cleaned & changed. For safari manager himself went first early & when u r at resort office astt manager comes with u & helps u in all ways. very earle mor wake tea at 5.30 is at your rom & wher u return from safari in 5 minitus your tea & breakfast is ready at pool side served hot. U can have lunch & candle light dinner at pool side too. Friends i really really dont have words to say more for such excellent service , staff & GTV resort at tala Bandhavgarh PLEACE get experienced PESONALLY , i m sure its great value of your money bye now in 15 minitus i will write another review & title
is BANDHAVGARH NATIONAL PARK
We planned to stay for 5 days and added and extra day on top of that. We could easily have stayed longer. The room was big and clean and bright, the pool was very nice and cleaned a couple of times a day and the staff was really excellent. You are quite close to the park and we enjoyed watching the birds, monkeys and wild boar from the hotel. We ended up adding the meal plan for 800 pppd that let us eat anything we wanted (mineral water and beer excluded) and then just let the staff suggest our meals. The food was fabulous with lots of variety, We hardly had any repeats over the days. We really enjoyed our stay and will stay there again if we come back to Bandhavgarh.
They arranged a pickup from the train station that went flawlessly and was a real relief as we arrived in Umaria quite late at night. They also arranged a car and driver to bring us all the way to Khajuraho that cost the same or less than our bus/train/train journey that would have taken us 2 days of travel!
The service was really outstanding in every respect. They were always available for us, gave us breakfast in bed when we asked, would start the fire for a hot shower any time, and were always checking on us to make sure that we had everything we could want. (Thank you Sawash!).
One important note is that you will want to book your safaris as far ahead of time as possible as they do sell out (I understand that some of the morning safaris may be reserved for sale on that day but never tried that). Furthermore, you need to pay for your safaris ahead of time and you cannot use your foreign credit card. We had to use a wire transfer and that took nearly 2 weeks to process. GTV worked extra hard with us to get the wire sorted out and it all worked out well in the end.
Me n my whole family were stayed to this resort from 23rd of march to 27th of march.we had a grt experience dere as d staff is very helping in all d way like to book our safari tickets n telling us bout jungle mysteries.rooms wer clean n cozy.we were lil botherd here by mosquitos here in jungle but resort manager (vikas) told us thats common in jungle n he immediatly provided us mosquitos repellents for d same..food is good as per ur requirments..they have arranged barbque near swimming pool for our dinner wid some extra cost but thts cool..swimming pool n jacuzzi was one of good things to this resort..its very close to tala gate i.e gate no. 1.ove all all services were good n we had a good experience here..ill give a 4 star rating as per experience..chao