Bad experience with GTV and Ms Vandana, Chief of GTV, during our stay 07-08 Dec 2016. Food was ordinary, staff ill-trained in essentials of house keeping & service, rooms were poorly lit, wash rooms unclean and hot water facilities inadequate. Rates charged and those prevalent outside .. difference of atleast 25-30% .. it appears that their aim is to make fast money and NOT bothered about goodwill n long term cultivation of guests. They even failed to respond to two e-mails sent .. very unprofessional work .. this may result in loss of goodwill and customer support and harm their business interests.
Despite having promised to give us the most competitive rates, Ms Vandana has not been very fair in this regard and charged us the following rates (actually paid vs charged from us):
Item Actual Pymnt Amt Charged Difference
a) Tiger Safari 4,110.00 6,500.00 7,200.00
b) Folk Dance 2,000.00 4,500.00 2,500.00
c) B/B snacks 2,500.00 6,000.00 3,500.00
d) Tpt for 4 days 9,500.00 14,000.00 13,500.00
As an independent traveller on a budget I was worried about finding a place to stay that was in my means and that would help organise a safari. I needn't have worried.
Upon arrival I was greeted warmly and found a comfortable room within my meagre price range. The hotel has a pretty pool and the grounds are excellently maintained.
Subash was fantastic in helping to organise my two trips into the park and the food I ate in the restaurant was delicious. All of the staff were courteous and kind and my experience vindicated my decision to spend 35 hours on trains and 4 on buses to spot big, stripy cats!
Thank you to all at GTV Resort!
Please don't go to this resort...
March 31, 2016
1. We booked Jungle safari package for 3 rooms/2 nights inclusive of all meals with 50% advance payment but when we reached the resort, we had been told that we will get only 1 room there and other 2 rooms in other resort as they had extended a big group's stay with heavy compensation in our rooms. We said we can't split our group so we stayed at other resort for 2 nights which was totally unfair.
2. We booked jungle safari package in advance still they put us in a current booking situation where they asked for our help to go and stand in Que for booking at 3am for 6am morning safari which we refused as we booked it in advance. In return they booked buffer zone safari in morning which is more of residential zone where farmers and villagers stay so there were no chance of sighting a tiger. In the afternoon they booked Core zone safari but again the gate no. was 3 which is also known for rare sighting
3. The only good point was the meal which was unarguably good but again we were promised for 2 veg lunches and 2 non veg dinner in advance still they served the non veg to us like we are doing some crime. We had to eat it inside only because the big group who was veg would not had liked it if we ate it in outer area.
4. When we went for the safaris we saw some boards and hoardings specifying safari rates and we were shocked to know that these guys charged us almost 3 times more than the actual rates.
5. We booked for group of 10 people and due to some unavoidable reason we couldn't manage the total no of people and we were 9 at actual. So since the beginning we asked the refund for that 10th person as she couldn't made it. They argued with us that once the package is booked then they can't cancel it as the safari bookings had been done in advance which was not the case. They hadn't booked the safaris in advance which they admitted previous day of safaris. So we had to fight for the refund in the end and we got 80% of it.
When we landed at the resort after a 3 hours long journey, we were taken directly to a guest house called Narmada and told by the attendant that we will be put up there for one night. The manager had the cheeks to do this without intimating us prior or even addressing it in person. When questioned, apparently our rooms had been allocated to a vegetarian group and we had to adjust in another so called basic resort for stay. The treatment during lunch and dinner was more appalling, as we had opted for non-veg and due to the other group we had to eat it secretively. Never in my life have I encountered such hostility towards the guest in the most modest of the places. only saving grace was the quality of food though.
The location is very good . When i reached GTV resort in evening , i was welcomed by Manager MR VIKAS ,Asst manager MR SUBHAS & staff . I did entry in book & i got my room keys . One of the staff took keys , another took my laguages , & rest 3 walked with me giving full info of BANDHAVGARH . .I got delux non ac room num 210 on frrst floor facing swimming pool . Oh my what a room . As the staff opened room door i was suprised to see such a wonderful ,neat & beautiful room . I felt i was in room of palace . MY Bathroom was big , & very very neatly cleaned , with hot 7 cold water ,fine good big washbasin , with 2 small soaps & shampoos kept there . There were 2 big towels (WHITE ) very neat & clean. ( FOOD ) = = GREAT & excellent food as made at home . Neat dishes , decorated water jugs , with old water , salad decorated in fine dish . & when u r on table after the first hot butter roti is given ,, the roties come hot & served to u . hot & spicy dal fry, jeera rice , 2 types of vegetables ( one punjabi dish & 1 indian , & lots more things r served to u .When u r eating 3 waiters r standing there serving u & asst manager stands there & sees that all is well. I told them that i want to eat chinese veg fried rice & manchurian , & in eve i got it fresh spicy & hot served. The staff is very quite & neately dressed . This resort has beautiful gardens , basket ball ground ,, small ground for camp fire,& swimming pool is very neat & water is daily cleaned & changed. For safari manager himself went first early & when u r at resort office astt manager comes with u & helps u in all ways. very earle mor wake tea at 5.30 is at your rom & wher u return from safari in 5 minitus your tea & breakfast is ready at pool side served hot. U can have lunch & candle light dinner at pool side too. Friends i really really dont have words to say more for such excellent service , staff & GTV resort at tala Bandhavgarh PLEACE get experienced PESONALLY , i m sure its great value of your money bye now in 15 minitus i will write another review & title
is BANDHAVGARH NATIONAL PARK