Visited in January 1st week. Was really disappointed. Here are the lowlights:
1) The room service was bad. Got spoilt tea in morning.
2) saw rowdies creating ruckus in pool and then it was unusable as it got dirty.
Avoid going to Golden Palms resort.
This is a resort having one big field for all kind of activities to do weather for family or for corporate outing.
Service is good & maintaining the timings for the same.
Food is good, restaurant is far from the reception.
The place is huge with good rooms, i was at the Tipu sultan suite. The breakfast and meals were good though the service was very slow. We were a group of 60 so waiting for meals was an issue and last of seating place during lunch was a problem. The property is huge so we could plan our events and training well. Even though there were atleast 2-3 other groups the arrangement was well managed, even though the checkin takes time. Other groups had planned a pull party so it was very very noisy for us. I would say this a good place if u are on a corporate offsite. wont recommend for couples of fly holidays as its too noisy and crowded..
Stayed at golden palms for 31 night new year eve with family and my infant. Had high expectations on service and quality, but was dis appointed. I spoke with resort manager, he admits that due to new yr eve, all staff are busy with preparations and hence they were unable to focus on guests.
Some un-happy points
- made us wait in lobby for 45 mins saying room is getting ready
- when we went to the room, keys were not working. Again had to wait for 30 mins
- room was not tidy enough ( I had certain expectations as I was charged 12500 Rs per night )
- basic essentials in room was not available
- resort accounts guy calls up multiple times and says to complete billing before 31st night as he has to finish his billing in yr 2017 :D
No value for money at all, not worth 12.5 k
We have been to many resorts and hotels in many countries incl. India over the years, and I can say with full confidence that this was our worst experience ever, so much so that we actually left the resort within 24 hrs of our check in.
1. Check in: The check in process was a sign of things to come. It seemed like they were not organized because they couldn't find our reservation for a bit. Then they asked for our Aadhar cards/passport for all people staying (4 of us) and would not accept our PAN cards. Thankfully we had a soft copy, and that saved us!
2. Rooms: We were taken to our rooms, and they are very underwhelming for a resort of 5-start quality. As soon as I entered I noticed the previous owner had left a used plate on the table in the balcony which I pointed out to the hotel staff, he promptly kept the plate outside the balcony and it stayed there until we checked out!
Everything about the room is off, the table covers were dirty and stained, the cupboard below the TV had a broken door, the tissue box in the bathroom had no tissues, the toilet paper roll was not in its right place. Plus the worst thing was....when my son put his toy car beneath the bed, and I had to peak in ...it was the most disgusting sight that I have seen in a hotel room. It is one thing to not clean below the bed for a week, and its a health hazard to not clean it for six months. There was food, dust, tissue papers and god knows what else.
3. Food: Food is very very average, but extremely pricey. They have buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We managed to find a few items that suited us, but the rest especially the breakfast was very greasy, so much so that we had to eat bread and butter to keep ourselves healthy. I also noticed what I think was a dead ant in the cold milk and pointed it out promptly to the hotel staff.
There are supposed to be three restaurants in the resort, but when you look at how desolate the Italian and Chinese restaurants are from the outside, you will be scared to go in. I wonder if those are even operational.
4. Crowd: This is probably the most irritating part of the whole stay. They have day out packages which invites the corporate crowd or other people who come during the day to treat it like a picnic spot. This really ruins the resort experience for families who come to stay. There is no exclusivity to the amenities. The lunch buffet was like a crowded wedding gathering. Every place in the resort is crowded during the day. Plus you see people sitting on the lawns (which you are not supposed to) and playing games etc.
5. Amenities: This is the only PRO for this place. The pool is big, the game room is well maintained especially the carrom boards, and TT table. They also have tennis, squash and badminton.There is also a small kids playground which is well maintained. Again because there is a huge crowd during the day, it can get difficult to enjoy this. The kids play room is a joke.
6. Staff: I pity the staff at this resort. They are utterly clueless and not trained enough to deal with this situation. You realize the staff are not passionate about what they do or may be they are not incentivized either.
7. Check out: When we told we were checking out early, they got worried that we will ask them for a refund. But when we told them we don't want a refund and we are checking out because we utterly hated the experience, they seemed to breathe a sigh of relief and didnt even bother to ask us what was wrong. Not surprising at all. Also they gave us the food bill for the previous owner, and we had to tell them that its not our bill.
8. Expenses: The place is pretty expensive, on the scale of a five star resort. Buffet lunch for 4 could cost you around 5k. But the service offered for the steep price is like a one star resort.
To conclude if you are a family looking for a relaxing stay at a resort, then please STAY AWAY from this place. If you are a corporate/group looking for a one day picnic outing, then maybe it is the right place? I am not sure...
At a minimum this place should be renamed as Golden Palms Picnic Spot.