I keep travelling to Bharatpur as it is on the way to my native city.
This time we chose Laxmi Vilas. Booked through Booking.com, which was not the right thing to do, as the website charged me a bomb, with no free-cancellation policy either.
However, on reaching this place, late night at 0100hrs, we were greeted very well and accommodated suitably.
The pool was clean, the breakfast sumptuous and the premises utterly clean.
The owners, from a royal family - stay in the same premises and ensure that every corner of the property is well maintained.
Delighted and shortlisted for visiting again also :)
Laxmi Vilas palace hotel is very pretty and has some amazing rooms.
Loved the grandeur of the place and the beautiful classy Maharaja style decor.
Lots of foreigners were around while we stayed there.
Its very close to the Bharatpur bird century, a must visit.
A nice Camp fire in the evening as it was really cold post 6 pm.
Only drawback was the food.
They have a decent spread however the taste is not up to the mark.
Really wish they improve the food.
Staff is good and service is courteous.
Recommended in winters !!
Our escorted tour stopped here for lunch - totally awed by the visit, unexpectedly stunning decor. We had a great buffet and after, most of us visited the gift shop on the premises. For the first time on our visit to India, we were left to browse without being hassled - and consequently most of us bought souvenirs here, There was a varied choice, good quality and unassuming, gentle assistants. They, above anything else said in this review, require congratulating. Many thanks
Laxmi Niwas Palace and Laxmi Vilas Palace are located in the same property but different compounds. One of them is actually heritage and one is relatively new. We actually checked the rooms of both the places and decided to stay at Laxmi Vilas Palace Hotel.
1. Spacious and beautiful decor and architecture. One should roam around a bit and enjoy the whole place. As you enter the hotel's from the main road, oen may not find it very appealing, but it takes while for you to sink in and you really start appreciating the place. No complaints there.
2. The service staff is very good and really courteous. The best part is you can request / order whatever you want whereever. Pool side service of alchohol and snacks is very much allowed. You can order food in the room, if you do not want to step into the restaurant. You may decide to sit anywhere out in the open and order food/drinks there.
2. Rooms - Rooms are decent sized, neat and clean with all basic amenities and features. We preferred the new rooms since they had better AC's and bigger toilets.
3. Massage Center - Looks can be deceptive, all I can say about this. One may not find the small massage center very appealing by the looks of it. However, the quality of massage is very very good and very relaxing. Something that should not be missed, if you have the time.
4. Swimming Pool - The pool is good with clean water and is maintained well. The time when we went, the hotel was just 35-40% full so there were not many people and hence the pool was not croweded at all. In fact, there were times when the pool was just to ourselves.
1. the first thing that hits you is the food. Food served here is just enough to keep hunger at bay but not something that you can relish. After couple of meals at the retaurant, you really want to go out and have food someplace else for the change. They really have to work on this department. The buffet as well as their ala carte menu has limited variety and you will not find many things that will appeal one's apetite and most of the dishes do lack the taste.
2. I really hope they have a gym/workout place.
3. They have very limited choice of alcohol.
They call it a 3 star property and it comes close to being called one. It was indeed a relaxing trip and break from the monotonous schedule. For me to visit again, it has to be winters and I would expect the hotel to make a note of this review and work on the dining experience.
Loved the room. Loved the hospitality. Loved the gardens. Beautiful ambience. And most of all loved the puppet show. It was truly unique. Food could have been a little better but loved their hospitality. They packed food for us to take to bird sanctuary. Rooms were nicely done. Each and every moment was beautiful.