I was staying in Lucky GH for two weeks, didn't get the room I was booking few months ago, instead I got very loud and dark room. The manager was bargaining about the price, giving me the highest price for the room that was not the room I booked. I payed the price but I have told him that for sure I won't be staying there again. I travell in India a lot and this was rude even for India's standards.
1) Centrally located behind the Chinese temple, from here all the main places are walking distance away.
2) As other reviews mentioned, the places is very quiet although its located centrally.
3) Beds were clean and comfortable, I had good sleep.
4) Service stuffs are polite and always helping.
5) This guesthouse is very clean and have modern facilitates. Suitable for tourists coming from abroad.
6) Toilets are big and have good quality bathroom fittings.
1) Services are on-demand, they won't change towels, clean rooms, give toiletries unless you make request for it.
2) This guesthouse don't have their own kitchen. If you have booked with breakfast, they brings breakfast from outside, menu is fixed tea or coffee, bread, double egg omelette and a fruit.
3) Rooms, AC Filters, Toilets need meticulous cleaning. Because of improper maintenance bathroom faucets are getting spoiled. Guesthouse manager need to pay serious attention to meticulous cleaning, else very soon they will start receiving bad reviews regarding the toilet condition.
I will recommend this place for short stays. This place is suitable for both Indian and international travellers.
Stayed two days at the Lucky Guest House in May. I guess I was expecting more. While the manager was nice and arranged for me to visit a local village, there was practically no room related service. When I arrived, there was major construction going on to expand the lobby. I'm ok with expansion, but they were using a jackhammer which could be heard very loudly in my room. I also had to ask for towels and toilet paper as there were none in the room. While the room was very basic, I was happy the A/C worked well and the bed was clean and comfortable. Perhaps those visiting after repairs are done will have a better experience.
I didn't spend much time in my room so the inconvenience of the repairs and dust were minimal and the manager made up for it in his friendliness.
What I liked:
* A 10 minute walk to Mahabodhi Temple
* Security cameras
* Comfortable beds
* Cold A/C
* Friendly manager
* Convenience store a minute walk away. great for cold drinks and snacks
What I did not like:
* Construction going on when I visited
* Bathroom shower head missing
* Had to ask for towels and toilet paper
* Lack of restaurant or room service
* No Screens on bathroom vent - mosquitoes were coming in
* Very basic room with no place to put luggage
* No available power outlets - I had to unplug the TV to charge my devices
* No mini-fridge or complimentary coffee/tea
The Lucky Guest House clearly provides budget accommodation. If they added a few extras, this place could be good. I would not stay here if visiting Bodh Gaya again.
A good clean room with central location away from the busy main road, right behind China temple. The hotel is managed by Vijay, a very nice, helpful and personable guy. We booked a double with air conditioned room on the upper floor. The air conditioner wasn't working well and Vijay fixed the problem by cleaning the filter right away. He was also very accommodating and sourced beer for us.
Tip: If you are going to Gaya airport, take an auto-rickshaw. We asked at the front desk about the taxi, they quoted 800 rupees, (it turned out to be the hotel owner driving us using his car). Since Gaya airport is only a 20-minute short ride away and closer than Gaya Junction rail station, it was unnecessary pricy and would be much cheaper and just as quick to hire an auto-rickshaw.
We booked and paid for 2 rooms for 2 nights via cleartrip. When we arrived we were told by a guy who spoke little english that they were full and no rooms for us. He kept saying they have told cleartrip they were full in the entire Dec so it's cleartrip's mistake to let us booked their rooms. We were so suspicious about the whole thing. Then the manager who spoke much better English arrived and explained to us again. From his sincere demeanor we started to believe it may be a genuine mistake on cleartrip. After checking the booking again the manager said he could give us the rooms by moving other yet to arrive guests to another place. We said we were happy to stay at the other place but he insisted that we did not need to move.
We were glad to stay there as the guest house is off the main road so it's pretty quiet at night. It's clean and the blanket was quite comfy. A minor issue is hot water supply is not stable esp. during peak shower hours but this is quite common in budget accommodation in india. Overall its good value for money.