Good central location ,Railway Station, bus stop , shopping mall all within 5 mints.During my stay staff behaviour was good. Yet a lot improvement can be done. Eg. Asking for room number in an unprofessional way at restaurant. Or some staff of commercial shops inside property walking around and loudly talks Without sensitive to guest in corridors .
This hotel required serious upgradation urgently. Eg. Old worn out carpets, some room dint have charging points for mobile or laptops.
Food is good, needs to meticulously change menus. Wifi is free and good.appreciate staff as they help me in many areas.
This is a very nice place with an old mystic look around it. The property is very well maintained and has great food . Rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff is highly courteous. The place has an oriental charm .
I stayed at the Ambassador Pallava for five days while researching in Chennai. It's part of a smallish Indian chain, so you don't expect international standards, and (as some reviewers have noted) it's not the most up-to-date place. But everything is clean and everything works. The only drawback, as in many Indian hotels, is that the mattresses are rather harder than we're used to overseas, so my back's a bit sore. But this shortcoming must be weighed against the Pallava's very considerable strengths. First, its staff are without exception friendly, helpful and efficient. In five days I did not encounter any indifference or lack of service - full marks on this most important criterion. Second, the hotel food is excellent - the Salt 'n' Pepper cafe is actually a very good restaurant and I ate there every night and enjoyed a range of very good Indian and Western dishes (I had fish and chips one evening - delicious!) The hotel also had a very good travel desk which I used twice to my complete satisfaction. In summary, this is a very good hotel: highly recommended.
This hotel has remained exactly the way it was years ago & that's what needs to be appreciated. The location, food, rooms, service etc is good & carries the old world charm. You can make out that the staff has been working tirelessly since a long time. Sometimes, all the latest technology can be given a rest to go back to the long lost times. Feel the nostalgia here!
1. Amazing Breakfast buffet - too many varieties, not to be missed. They start at 7AM sharp and this being free is a steal.
2. Big rooms, includes a huge bathroom with bath tub
3. Front desk and staffs extremely helpful - copy, print outs, taxi, tours facility available
4. Good location - famous sandwich and egg omelette stalls within 5 min walk, very cheap - about 20 rupees.Also, easy to catch hold of Uber.
5. Historic look and feel
6. Cost - cheaper than most of its counterparts (I booked from Yatra)
1. Old hotel, rooms require some refurb, TV was off old style.
2. Bar was just average, and the TVs there do not help much
3. AC not that great, but OK
Overall, given the price, location and breakfast - this is an extremely good deal. I stayed for 4 nights and would not hesitate to give a try again.