Well, let's state the plus points of this place:
Location is bang opposite to the US Consulate. So whomsoever wants to visit US consulate and VFS, this is an ideal location with both the places could be covered on foot.
The staff - Abdulla Khan, Prakash, Ashraf (?!) are all very warm and helpful. But howsoever they try, you can't make a cat a tiger you see.
Now the areas where one needs to take care by themselves and possibly the management could attend to give a spring up to this lace:
1. The property is an old... very old place and not handicapped friendly.
2. There are no parking space at all and one is used by owner under the skewed porch
3. No dining hall, breakfast counter and the staff get the food from near by hotels and serve it in room. There's only one or two choices and that too limited quantity. viz., Iddily Vada and Pongal. We oredered Iddily and Vada and being a citatdel of South Indian Food, these could be used to build a house. It was so hard and we all left them behind.
4. Coffee / tea being bought and served, again takes lot of time.
5. The interiors of rooms, water, toilet - less said the better. Yes. Though there's a cleaning staff and who cleans up , the interior and furniture are all so dirty and lost its sheen, gives a exceptionally dull look and feeling. The floo laminate is chipped at many places. The mattresses are black, even the washed white towels are anything but white. The toilet / commode id flushing with some yellowish water, you dont feel like using it. Most of them are broken and made functional. Wires and pipes hanging all over gathering dust and making the place more creaky. Toiletries are just One Rupee soap cake only.
6. The AC doesn't work properly. The TV, adjustment needs specal techniques and qualifications.
7. They allotted a room on fourth floor which had three beds but the water supply wasn't there in the wash basin and was cracked too.
8. There's free WiFi but doesn't work. After three hours of struggle, the hotel staff made the first floor WiFi operational but it was too late for me to any work.
9. The windows are locked, obviously as they have noisy and dusty road outside
10. Though there're staff, calling reception, House keeping and room service doesn't get attended... possibly they are all being pulled by many inmates and running around.
We were four, with two Senior Citizens found it absolutely uncomfortable and out of place for the tariff we pay approx Rs.2500 Per night.
The entire place can be revamped with clean, hygienic and bright environment without any frills whatsoever and would attract quality business customers.
Room was smelly, dirty with dirty looking sheets and terrible linens/towels. Bathroom was even worse with stained toilet, tiles, mirror and also the wash basin where the faucet did not even work.
I was with family so felt uncomfortable and we really checked out right after our work was done at the consulate and decided to spend remaining time in the airport than in this dirty place.
They have complimentary breakfast but the quality is worse than roadside kitchens of Chennai.
Check out all the picks I have taken.
No good menu for Food.
Waste of money.. Search for other..
1. The standard room looks old
2. Bed looks old as well
3. Many of the accessories are kind of broken/brittle outdated, even though TV is new 4. The room service staff has good attitude and are friendly, but most of them cannot understand English or Tamil, they are good in Hindi only 5. Bit overpriced for the quality of the room...
There are many good hotels for same price.. please go for good hotels.. Avoid this..
Three days back I was for visa purpose to Chennai. Looking for near by place of US consulate, I booked this hotel.
It was horrible experience after getting in.
Rooms were pathetic with nil facilities.
Immediately I have to shift with my family to other hotel. Not at all recommended for stay.
I booked this hotel for my parents and in-laws for one night stay. They charged Rs.4200 for one night. I am writing this review mainly because i dont want any other visitor got through same pain after paying so much. The experience my parents and in-laws had was horrible. They were provided only with one fan in the room and did not turn on the AC, upon asking they said extra charge will be applied. After several discussion, they provided an extra fan which was not enough for the Chennai weather. In addition, the next morning my parents were suppose to go for visa interview at 7.30am and they did not provide breakfast. Even after the visa interview was over they provided only 2 breakfasts that too after several arguments. I highly recommend to not book this hotel just because it is near the embassy.