Great Food but Horrible Service
by amimatt on
We stayed at the Novotel Chamiers Road for a period of 5 Nights / 6 Days and the overall experience was unfortunately quite average.
1. The hotel offered a relatively quick and hassle free check-in. Our bags were sanitized and temperature checks were done upon arrival.
2. Our room no. was 620 (on the 6th floor, facing east) and was extremely comfortable, spacious, modern and clean, fitted with the best amenities and had a spectacular view of the city.
3. Breakfast was offered in the Food Exchange restaurant and included a wonderful and varied mix of food (waffles, dosas, choice of eggs etc), that was absolutely delicious! The waffles and the plain dosas are particularly appetizing!
4. Koox: We decided to have dinner at one of the restaurants on the property - Koox, a rooftop Asian grill restaurant and bar. The food was delicious and the ambience of having the city skyline as the backdrop was amazing! The selection of sushi and the sichuan chicken pot with the truffle garlic sticky rice, was perfect and delicious.
SERVICE, SERVICE and SERVICE!
The service was just so horrible everywhere!! It was completely disappointing to see how Novotel Chamiers Road could offer such delicious food, clean and chic modern rooms on one hand; and then on the other have such below -average service that completely lets the guest down.
The staff responsible for the in-room cleaning, in-room dining, the waiters at the restaurants and the front desk / reception staff, were rude, clueless and just fundamentally incompetent !
1. The tables at Food Exchange where breakfast was served daily, were dirty with food spilled all over the tables, the sofas, chairs and not to mention the floor! We had to point it out to the staff to clean it. The first time, they cleaned only the floor. We again had to cajole them to clean the table. Once they cleaned the table, they had to be reminded to change the cutlery and glasses! We finally gave up and decided to finally wipe down the sofas ourselves...This behaviour repeated EVERY MORNING for all the 6 days we had breakfast....
It was so incredibly shocking to see this kind of lackadaisical and nonchalant attitude from what you would imagine is a reputed hotel chain. By Day 4, they had successfully broken us and our spirit down, and we were forced to get up super early, rush down for breakfast, and beat the other guests in getting the cleanest tables...
2. The in-room cleaning staff managed to without fail, always forget to provide ANY towels in the room. Routine calls had to be made everyday to request for shower towels, a bath mat etc. We had to additionally request for the usual staples like sugar, coffee and tea sachets to be replenished.
3. One day, we made the mistake of ordering in-room dining...they served us cold food with no cutlery or napkins provided...the waiter who waltzed in, was requested to provide us with the same...we never received it...
Overall, the food and ambience is without a doubt spectacular! The chefs do a phenomenal job creating some amazing and mouth-watering delicious dishes for the guests, in both the restaurants of Koox and Food Exchange! The selection of dishes, the taste, balance of flavours - everything is undoubtedly perfection on a plate!
But the staff...gosh the staff responsible for something so crucial as the service...the service which anyone working in hospitality would tell you, is critical in cementing the entire experience of a place....it was just so incredibly and astonishingly disappointing.
Their callous, careless, apathetic and holier than thou attitude, over providing what most would imagine are the most basic requirements for a good stay, which quite frankly run-of-the-mill cafes and guest houses are able to provide, is such a pathetic and unpleasant let down to what could have otherwise been a wonderful experience of staying at the Novotel....
We choose to stay in Novotel.
by Ps928885 on
Had a lovely experience during our stay, food was good, Dosa was owesome.Thanks to Mr Prince and his team for the great service. Thank you so much to make our stay comfortable.
Will come back soon
Lovely stay at Novotel
by 775gurmukhs on
Visited chennai for a business purpose this was my 5th stay at novotel chamiers road and its always special and perfect Sampa from reservations always goes beyond to help me getting better rates for my reservation , front office team made sure that I get a proper room according to my needs love to stay at the hotel every time when I visit chennai lookin forward for more stays with you.. thansk Gokul , Gayathri , Arpita for wonderful service.......