very nice acommodation for budget travellers, we found it just by a coincidence, it is something in between a home stay and a guest house, room was big and clean and we had a huge privat balcony. It is walking distance to all sights and breakfast is also available on a request.
We stayed here for 3 nights during our Kochi visit. Decent bungalow turned into homestay but average experience.
- excellent location, walking distance to beach, princess street, fort Kochi site seeing 100.
- neat and clean homestay with dining hall facility
- 24 hrs hot shower available
- peaceful in night
- lots of restaurants nearby for food
- limited parking space as we had to park car outside main gate
- WiFi Good, connecting in rooms also
- breakfast options only omelet and toast butter, attitude or housekeeping is unwelcoming and cold ( why keep breakfast options during online booking if can't provide properly?? I have seen many homestay Don't give breakfast coz they don't have resources, this seems to be attracting guest with breakfast and don't provide worth value of money)
- owner seems reluctant to talk on small aspects also
- ac is not working properly, we were saved by some cool breeze and some rain
- careless of staff and non cooperative attitude
- rooms bit small, if you keep 2 bagpack, rooms will be filled
- when we arrived, no other guest was staying. We were offered small cramped room without any balcony or sunlight. When asked it was changed but that shows attitude to keep Good rooms unoccupied.
Overall, this homestay seems doing well due to location and guest keep in coming.
Need some improvements and change in attitude.
I won't recommend as first choice.
On my way to fort kochi , found Orion home stay, I had room with small balcony, in the night was very quite , if you traveling along or backpacks, would be good choice. If you walk down to the street, beside Maria church, lots small restaurant, friendly owner , and retentively clean . Try it out
Orion holidays is about 5 mins walk from princess street - which is perfect location, very quiet, normal place. The room was clean and light with a small balcony. The bathroom big and clean, always hot water. The breakfast included was simple, tea/coffee and toast - I think some others got omelettes but we had difficulty communicating with the lady making breakfast so we just took what was on offer. There is filtered water available. We used AC in the room, the only negative is that it was quite noisy so we couldn't sleep with it on all the time, we had to use it intermittently.
Been in kochi for 4 days....and was really amazed by the hotel stay....best hotel in kochi....felt at home...hotel was so clean and neat we were pleased to stay here....special thanks to Bipin... Ur a true rockstar