This is probably the first review I have ever written for a property despite the fact that I have had the opportunity to holiday and experience hospitality across countries all over the world! I visited Buckscent with my parents and my 4.5 year old son last week while on our annual visit to India from London.
My overwhelming feeling was admiration for the staff at the resort who were genuinely interested in taking care of all guests and doing all that they could to take care of our every little request/requirement (e.g. making non spicy snacks especially for my son who would refuse to touch anything with a hint of chilly in it !) The place is run really well and the staff works impressively as a team to serve the guests especially during the meal times. They go all out to take care of the guests requirements for example even packing snacks for us on the day we went for the safari so we have something to munch through our journey !
The whole experience was outstanding - the place has been done up extremely tastefully and has a very warm and relaxing feel to it. Not to forget the elaborate and delicious meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner) which left us wanting to come back in the new year and for a much longer stay . Mr Sharma was an outstanding host, very warm and considerate.
I would recommend this resort in a heartbeat to anyone planning a visit to Jim Corbett and asking for my advice on where to stay !! All the best guys and keep up the good work !
First of all i must admit this is my first ever review I am putting here (i am forced by my innerself to share the best holiday stay in india with people looking for good place to stay in corbett) was there in January 6-8). the rooms,ambience,the Host there Mr Sharma (gem of a person and a wonderful host),well every this there is worth mentioning,the Tomato Shorba the ginger tea and ever flowing Snacks ,the Karma of the resort is to feed people with very very tasty food and the staff here is very polite and ever eager to make your stay memorable,took a stroll to nearby village and was accompanied by resort staff ,My kids 8 and 3 enjoyed the stay and said they want to revisit the place in summer vacations .Overall i must say that this is the place you want to be and yes the Bonfire and the dance floor in the evening was just fabulous . very happy and satisfied stay there (very very neat and clean room with well stocked Snacks) only thing i would love to see there is a mini zoo for the kids like some rabbits or ducks will be another attaction there .
Sooo, I am not the one who would express myself in more than one or two words. But my stay at Buckscent, made me feel otherwise.... So here goes my first review ever.
We visited Buckscent on 25th December 2016 via road from Chandigarh. We started off with a bad weather in Chandigarh which carried on till we reached Corbett, and thus, it took us straight 12 hours to reach at our destination... Being constantly nagged by my wife throughout the journey about my decision to visit Corbett, I was myself left in a doubt about the vacations we were about to have for the next two days... But after reaching Buckscent, I could see my wife's and daughter's fatigue vanishing away and a smile on their faces made me relieved... Mr. Jagdamba Sharma, the owner, was constantly on phone with us, guiding us through the way till we reached there. We were welcomed by a refreshing elixir, a 'Tomato Shorba', made of local tomatoes. Mr. Sharma made it sure that we are made comfortable first after a long tiring journey and that all the check-in formalities could wait... And an icing to the cake was that he presented our daughter with a Christmas gift...She was elated to have received one.
There are lots of things that make Buckscent an altogether different experience -
Everything small thing is taken care of by Mr. Sharma, right from the booking till the time you leave. The daily activities, safari, meals according to the taste etc. He makes sure that you don't sit idle and have something or the other in your hand to eat or to drink....
The chai thela keeps you constantly supplied with the tea or coffee....
The staff ensures that you are pampered to the extent that you receive what you want even before you have to ask for it (that is how they try and understand your gestures).
All the staff; be it the owner, the chef, the in-house activities manager, the outdoor activities manager or the housekeeping; everyone is on their toes to make you feel special. They share their responsibilities and do all the work together from laying the table till the serving.
There are designated play areas with plethora of activities and games to keep you and your family busy.
The ambience, the setting, and the state of art infrastructure with a homely feeling makes it a must visit..
There's something or the other special in each of their staff and these tit bits make the experience of staying very very special....
I travelled to Buckscent in December 2016 with my family and stayed there for two nights. All of us had a great time. There are so many good things to say about this place so let me break my review into different sections:
1. Booking and pre-visit: The booking experience was very smooth and only involved two phone calls with Ravi ji. He was very cordial and pleasant unlike a lot of sales people and that made me look forward to my visit.
Following the booking, all my safari related arrangements were made. Dietary preferences were checked in advance and detailed enquiries relating to my travel plans were made so as to make the travel less cumbersome.
2. First impressions: As soon as we entered the gate, Sharma ji who is in charge of the property was there with his team to welcome us. The good part was just beginning though. The moment we stepped in we were given a welcome drink. We were then asked to settle in our rooms before completing the check in formalities. This was much appreciated as guests are usually tired after a long drive and the last thing they want is to wait till ID verification is completed and room keys are handed over.
3. Rooms: We were given a choice of rooms either on the ground floor or the first floor. As requested, we were given two adjacent rooms. The rooms are huge and spacious with a sit out balcony on the first floor. The decor of the rooms was nice and it had all required amenities. Toilets were nice and clean.
4. Food and drinks: Sharma ji and his team over indulged us with food and drinks during our two day stay here. Any time of the day Sharma ji would ensure that you have a drink (be in tea, coffee, juice or chaas) or a plate of food or fruit chaat in your hands. Sitting empty is not tolerated! Breakfast, lunches and dinners were especially gala with the amount of food and the variety on offer. During each meal, they would surprise you with an item or two that was not on the spread. The food was delicious and the service top class - hot rotis were served in your plate before you could think of asking for one! Instead of you having to ask for food, you had to turn down offerings that kept on coming.
5. Activities: There are all imaginable sports activities which are provided for including cricket, basketball, volley ball, table tennis, billiards etc. There is a reasonably well stocked library as well and a number of indoor games. Or one can simply sit in the balcony or sit out and enjoy the greenery and nature.
And finally, the hospitality, which was simply superb. I can say with a great amount of certainty that it would be difficult to come across such a dedicated, committed and passionate team who make it their duty to make your stay enjoyable and fun. Right from Sharma ji to all members in his small team went out of their way to help us have a good time. Really commendable effort and a highly recommended place to spend some quality time in luxury.
The staff of Buckscent Corbett retreat went out of their way to make our stay comfortable . The resort offers all possible luxuries at very affordable rates ...... a must visit for all who looking for adventure and comfort at affordable prices ......