The USP of the hotel is its location and its size - only 12 rooms. It is bang on the beach, and so it provides an element of convenience to those who would like to visit the beach and spend a lot of time on the beach. Also it has a host of restaurants around, which offer good food. The main street of Candolim is around the corner so you can do quite a bit of last minute shopping and walking around as well. The room itself is large, but has a clumsy column in the middle on which the TV is mounted, that reduces the usable space in the room. But one unusual element about the room was that the walls were not solid, but actually made of glass or gypsum boards, like office partitions. However, it did offer privacy, and we did not actually hear our neighbors or the traffic around the hotel.
A big let down of the hotel is the housekeeping. The floors were sticky and always felt unclean. If you ran the foot mat across the floor, you would catch a ton of muck. We realized that it has to do with the way they cleaned the floor. They don't wet mop the floor, but actually spray a cleaning liquid and dry mop the floor. So there is a layer of soap on the floor and coupled with the humidity, it is a recipe for sticky floors.
The breakfast spread is ridiculously meagre. Normally if the spread is small you would expect that the dishes on each day will be different. However, don't be surprised if you have the same dishes day after day. It is functional nevertheless, and you may not complain of having nothing to eat. Quality could be better.
Swimming pool was large enough for a hotel with 12 rooms. It was well-maintained. There is a Spa as well, which is rather basic and functional.
In all, choose this hotel if you want to spend lots of time on the beach. Regarding value for money, we felt it was more on the pricier side.
Recently stayed at this beautiful property right on the Candolim beach.
- Big, clean, beautiful rooms with all basic amenities including a refrigerator, recliner, hair dryer, toiletries , bathrobes, bathtub, climate control to name a few.
- We booked a luxury room, which had a balcony with sea and pool view. The deluxe rooms have same amenities as luxury except for the view, and the room is slightly smaller.
- The staff was happy to help and courteous.
- The location is the biggest asset of this hotel. Right on the candolim beach. Just a 2 mins walk from the room , through the property and you are right on the beach.
- Lots of restaurants, shops and massage centers around, with mostly European crowd or Indian families or couples. So you will feel very cozy all day long or even during nights.
- Excellent buffet at their sea side restaurant. We had a lot to choose from, and all the dishes we tried were mouth watering.
- Getting hot water was the biggest problem. They said hot water would come after leaving the tap running for 5 mins or so, but the water was never beyond luke warm. One day it was not even warm, and we had to bath with cold water (during winters). We informed the front desk, and their maintenance team was supposedly looking to fix the issue, but the water never turned warm.
- Wifi is not strong enough. Probably rooms near reception might have a better connection.
- Furniture and some fittings have got dated, and need some revamp.
- They should provide a list of items in the in room mini bar. While checkout they claimed that we consumed a kitkat and few water bottles, while we never had that. Although they did not argue, and accepted our word that we did not have those items in the refrigerator, but it doesnt give a 'feel good factor' for us while checking out when we need to clarify ourselves that we did not eat items from their refrigerator.
I will surely be coming back to this hotel especially for the wonderful location, breakfast and the pretty rooms!
So we booked with Make my trip for the hotel. And sheer reason was in photos it looks good. But extremely disappointing. Small Botique place with dirty rooms, unkept bathrooms, dirty floor and dainty curtains. Worse was the patios.
Any how Make my Trip saved our day and got us another place. Extremely over priced for value they are offering.
Very nice place to stay in the summer. Nice ambiance. very nice service and rooms.beautiful restaurant side view towards the beach. It was pleasure to stay here. Will like to visit again.
I write is review on the last day of my stay at this beautiful place, but by the time it will be posted I would be back to Pune in everyday life.
This place has always have been on list but always sold out, we got lucky this time.
The staff is very warm and cordial.
Smile is what makes your days better and they had.
About the property very nice at the beach rooms are huge, very well done place, quality is visible. They have an in house spa... Can try won't be disappointed for sure, simple but you are taken care.
The place has only ten room but good job they have maintained it all this while.