Stayed at Beleza during the rains in July with family. As always, staff was courteous and helpful. The restaurant offers a decent breakfast and some good lunch/dinner options if youre too lazy to walk to the several great dining options in the area. Rooms were spacious and clean. The pool is relaxing and the spa options have great deals on most of the times. Easy access to the beach adds to the appeal. Overall Beleza feels welcoming and has a nice warm family-like feel as opposed to some of the larger more commercial resorts. Highly recommended!
This was my 6th visit to Goa but first to South Goa. We have holidayed in Calungute/Candolim area, every 3 years(family reunion), which is busy and lively so it was a risk to go to S. Goa but we were ready for it. We were pleasantly surprised and it was because of the hotel. The hotel has an excellent beach side location and the rooms (superior deluxe) were simply the best. The owners have spent a lot of thought and great attention to detail. High ceilings, big rooms and exquisite bathroom. Lots of storage i.e cupboards- felt like you were at home. Nice balcony overlooking the swimming pool ( C3) in addition a common large sitting room on each of the floors of the villa. The walk to the beach is paved, so also good for older people, and quite short. The beach "shack" "Nazare" is well thought off and well appointed too. Security guard to keep an eye on you if you don't come back with free towels for the sunbeds.
The service is above average. The staff at Nazare and the hotel are very attentive and remember every wish of yours eg. strainer for the milk at breakfast! They are polite providing a 5*treatment! The breakfast is more than adequate with abundant food contrary to older reviews. Being a visitor from Europe, my every desire for authentic Indian food was met for breakfast - dosa, vada, idlis, aloo puri, bhatura, goan sausages and of course the usual western breakfast of eggs to order, fruit etc. Regarding the disturbance of construction - well it did not bother us and it was on when we were at the beach - so no issues there. The hotel is expanding and I happened to take a walk along the new rooms- wow..no scrimp on furnishings and same attention to detail. Though the hotel appears to be remote on second thoughts, there are loads of restaurants within walking distance along the road and plenty of shacks along the beach, The beach itself is beautiful- flat, clean with gentle waves, no comparison to North Goa. No crowds and rowdy people. Way to go Beleza, you have sold S. Goa to me and will never return to N. Goa. Will be back with the rest of my extended family.
We stayed at Beleza over the Christmas weekend and had a great stay at the property. Some of the areas that made our stay memorable were:
1) Great location - the hotel is right at the Beach with the Nazare restaurant at the beachfront.
2) The beach is one of the best Goa beaches we have been on (significantly superior to Baga, Candolim, Calungute and Aguada); very broad beach with great sand for the children to play; beach is extremely clean; and not very crowded, so the children had plenty of space to run around.
3) There are also a few shacks 100-200 metres away, which provides the North Goa feel in south Goa without the chaos of North Goa, as beyond these 4-4 shacks, there is a 300-500m beach expanse without any shacks.
4) We had the 3 bedroom Villa and the rooms and bathrooms were very tastefully done and very large in size; with 2 large common areas in the villas, the children had plenty of space to run in the villa as well
5) The pool was nice, well maintained and manned by a lifeguard. There was a small shallow kids pool, where the children spent time, which was cordoned off from the main pool. Pool towels were readily available
6) The food was good; highlight were the pizzas and the local Goan food
7) Service was very warm, across the hotel - whatever we requested was addressed promptly, I would compare the service to many of the Taj properties I have stayed at in India.
8) Nazare is a great outdoor location restaurant with a nice atmosphere. We enjoyed the al fresco dining with the sounds of the ocean in the background.
9) the hotel gave beach towels when we went to the beach - which we found extremely helpful
There have been a couple of previous reviews that spoke about the construction noise. So to address the point, yes, there is construction ongoing for the new wing, but the hotel has done a good job of
1) Cordoning off the area
2) Limiting any noisy work to the day time - therefore there is no sound / disturbance at night
Therefore, if one spends the day at the beach, pool, restaurant, gym, spa, one hears no noise, Even if the day is spent at the Villa, the noise is limited in the Villas, and unless you are searching for the noise, it can only be heard in the room facing the construction, which in our villa was 1 of the 3 rooms. So noise did not bother us over our 5 days stay.
We would definitely come back again and want to thank the staff for a lovely stay that far exceeded our expectations.
I stayed at this very lovely, cozy place last weekend. What I like about Beleza is the very private feel you get, the large villas, the beautiful Nazare and the clean and inviting beach. The pool was also a lot of fun for the kids and we had a warm and friendly service.
We had a beautifully organised Xmas eve at the resort and the entire family had blast.
Another great aspect about Beleza is the location. All the best restaurants and spots in South Goa are very easily accessible, all in under 20 mins. Its also a short drive from the Airport, so it just perfect as you can get to your vacation spot in quick time.
There was some construction work going on, but was not much of a disturbance at all. They have some more rooms and a large pool coming up, and I am happy as I would love to come back here more often. Great place to vacation for individuals, couples and families.
We were a group of fourteen including children and stayed at the resort for three nights. The lasting impression the place left with us was the amazing hospitality. The staff was warm and friendly without being obtrusive in any way. The rooms were large and tastefully done up. The resort also has this gorgeous bar on the beach front overlooking the sea. Colva beach where the resort is situated is also one of the nicest beaches I have come across in Goa. We were pleasantly surprised at the qualty of the food and ended up having quite a few meals at the restaurant. The prawn cocktail for one is a throw back from the past and is a definite must try!