Starting with the positive things:
1) Nice and warm welcome by Ms. Sarika
2) Check in was fast and smooth
3) Room was clean, spacious. Had little foul smell which went away after using room freshener - I got a room on the first floor with pool view
4) Evening activities were good and nicely conducted by Ms. Sarika
5) Swimming pool was fare enough and clean
6) Food quality is okayish - can be improved
Now comes the darker side of the resort:
1) My room had a huge Jacuzzi tub which unfortunately was not working since many years according to the room service staff. That occupies a major space of your room which is a complete waste
2) I was on my marriage anniversary celebration and was expecting a gesture from resort's side but they failed to deliver the same inspite of informing them before a week while booking and at the time of check in
3) My wife got ill on the second day of our stay in this resort. I asked for Eno at the reception- they flatly denied, didnt even had basic courtesy to say that we shall get it for you. Next day I asked for a thermometer - their staff again denied saying the resort's thermometer was broken and they do not have another piece. I had to literally talk to 3-4 managers and convince them to buy a new one and provide me and also assured them that it will also be helpful for the future resort's guests also, if need arises, and that a thermometer should be a part of their first aid kit.
4) The worst part - The restaurant supervisor (I am forgetting his name) gave us a tough time. During lunch time, my wife was not able to sit for long in restaurant due to her ill health and hence, i requested thrice that my lunch to be served in my room, only as an exceptional medical case, so that I dont have to leave her alone and also I can give her company in the room while she takes rest. But this guy inspite of knowing the whole situation, denied me serving food in room and also asked me that if I want to have food than I should have it alone in the restaurant and also that I leave my wife alone in the room. I requested him thrice to accommodate and understand my situation but his inhumane behavior and lack of understanding was such high that it can get to anybody's nerves. It is only after Mr. Apurva's intervention things got solved for me.
He is infamous to that extent, that while checking out one of the resort's employee came asked me to write a feedback on this supervisor as they are also fed up of his pathetic behavior on routine basis. I have mentioned the same in my resort's feedback form.
5) There is a strong Taxi union going on in North and South Goa, to such an extent that two-three guys who rents activa and provides taxi services literally sits inside the campus of Club Estadia with a counter along with the resorts security. The security and the resort's management has ZERO control over those guys. These guys will create a scene if you carry your luggage on the activa rented thru them. They will threaten you to death if you dont follow them, I even tried bringing this to the management's notice but they turned their deaf ears to this issue saying that we are not related to them. My request to the management is, if those guys are not a part of Sterling group, then why dont you guys gather the courage and ask them to sit outside the resort's gate instead allowing them to sit inside the campus. Why doesnt your security guys come in between when those goons threatens your guests to death? Why do they just stand their as a mute spectator? Are they just there for opening and closing the gates and nothing else?
Overall, an average experience for me.
Property is very very nice .. it's located middle of no where and is 25 min drive from candolim baga beaches .. food is just about okay .. got the pricing through the membership so it was worth every penny spent .. but if the full price has to be paid I would choose something central.
After our fiasco last year, we were back again in December 2016. The reason was that in the last trip we had discovered the close-by places where we could eat, if the food at Club Estadia turned out as bad as it was the last time!
However, on checking with the resort prior to our departure to Goa we were informed that this time the resort had not one but two chefs to take care of the culinary needs of the guests.
Also, it seems that the resort and the owner company, namely Sterling Holiday Resorts takes the reviews published in Trip Advisor very seriously. When we arrived at the resort, it was evident that the management had remembered my last review and was ready to make amends. We were received in a grand fashion and the resort manager called the housekeeping and the f&b staff and instructed them to take good care of us. The staff was also advised to ensure that this time we had no cause for complaint!
Both the new chefs were called and introduced to me and my wife. From there on, food was the best part of our stay at Club Estadia. Mr. Senthil- the Indian Cuisine chef and Mr. Sameer Giri- the Continental Cuisine chef took all the pains to ensure that our taste buds were keep in a heightened state of enjoyment. Mr. Senthil the head chef prepared a traditional feast on Pongal and took pains to tell us about the traditions behind each and every dish. Though I can't remember the names of the dishes, but, the taste is still lingering in my head. Also a special word of thanks to Sameer the Conti chef who kept going out of his way to please my wife with dishes that were contoured to her taste.
It was nice to once again meet the "One - in - all" man, Mr. Saurav Deshpande to whom we had taken an instant liking in our last trip. Fortunately, he was still at this resort and ensured that all our needs were taken care of. Any problem, ask for Saurav sir. And to top it all, his singing and crooning has improved over the past year. In spite of his recent parenthood and consequent lack of sleep, he was always fresh as a daisy and ever ready and willing to help. Always with a smile. Keep it up!
We were at Goa for five days, but we wished that we had booked a longer stay this time.We also hope that Senthil and Sameer are still at Club Estadia when we visit again.
I have always been to places taking in to account of the reviews from trip advisor.
I had been to Sterling club Estadia -Goa. My husband is a member of Sterling we always opt for the places where sterling resorts are avaliable. Staff is extremely friendly and coopeartive. Especially Ms.Anuradha, in the front office facilitated our requirements as per our convinience as I had taken my parents who are senior citizens and Ms.Sarika, Sr. Executive in recreation was always happy to help. The House keeping staff called and asked about our stay in the resort.
Food is good and with the live music in the resturant made the ambience more wonderful.
Taxis rates are pretty high when you book from the resort i.e. about 3000/- and if you book it in private its around 1,800/- for north and south goa trip.
In the beach , parasailing is fun but only for a minute they let you to stay in the sky. Very hot climate, for bangaloreans this part of the month is not advisable as we are not used to.
Overall my stay was memorable.
The property is good, but we had 2 problems..............
The wiper of our car was stolen from the secured parking lot in the Sterling premise on the last night of our stay, in January 2017.
The restuarant manager was very unhelpful, positively misleading, perhaps because he wanted us to stay back at the resort and not head out. Because PM Narendra Modi was to be addressing a public meeting in Panaji, we were told NOT to head out as everything would be closed, but on the contrary, everything was so well managed that there were no traffic snarls even around the area where the meeting was to be held!
And the breakfast was a sad repeat for 4 days in a row!