We stayed a couple of nights for the new year bash. The location is good, walking distance to beach. Hotel is small, looks like a big house, have a restaurant and bar.Was overpriced because of season. Food is good. People are very polite. Rooms are spacious and clean. Toiletries renewal needs to be improved as many items were missing, they put 3 shampoos after cleaning instead of a shampoo, moisturizer and soap. There were no dental kits! Had to request for the same. Very calm place. Overall it is a beautiful, calm place, with good food. There is a swimming pool. Beautiful garden is also very nice. I didn't like the front rooms on the ground floor as the balcony opens in front of the restaurant for one and other front ground floor room towards the bar. I stayed on the first floor backside, it was quite impressive. Like I said before, this is a big house and not a full fledged HOTEL. But it was quite beautiful experience, still I felt even it was the season, its a bit overpriced. But a calm, relaxed get away is guaranteed. Note especially they have a no children policy also. There are some Gym equipment but i felt they are just there to show, no much space around and by looks the quality was very poor.
Have taxi service at a reasonable price. We opt for taxi service after check out from hotel. The driver was so nice person, but he was dangerously sleepy!!!! Oh my God!! We were scared for our lives, the guy was literally sleeping for 2-3 second and the car was going here and there, my wife was so scared. Both of was keep on talking to him, i was thinking to tell him, that we will drive and he can sleep. Even in between talking he was sleeping for a second! Somehow we reached destination, two times we had narrow escapes, once he went to another road!!!
As my title suggests, this is a peaceful property situated in a bylane in Calangute. The property is beautiful and well maintained and has a very colonial feeling to it.
We stayed at the standard boutique room which is next to the main building. Here is my review of the 4 nights we stayed at Casa Severina.
1. The property: as mentioned before, the property is extremely well maintained and is very welcoming. 5/5
2. The restaurant: the in house restaurant Gazebo is nice and clean. The restaurant staff is very polite and helpful, but then the food does not compliment the service. Breakfast menu is not up to the mark and nor is the taste. It also shuts early, around 10.30 PM which is again a let off. 3/5
3. The rooms: we stayed in the standard boutique room next to the main building. Nice and spacious room with a decent washroom. The bed needs a little repair rest all is perfect. 4/5
4. Swimming pool: Very nice and well maintained. 5/5
5. Service: The support staff is very well behaved and helpful. Did not use much of room service as we were out most of the time but the restaurant staff is very nice and well trained. 5/5
6. Front desk: wish the lady at the front desk was as good as the support staff. No smile, no hello or hi nothing. Even while we were checking out she just handed us a form to describe our stay at Casa Severina. Didnt even ask how our stay was, not even a thank you! On the other hand she was extremely welcoming towards the foreign guests. Well showed her priority for sure! 3/5
7. Value for money: To be honest the property is ideal for people who want a peaceful place to stay in the bustling neighborhood of Calangute. There is however nothing much to do here, there is a pool and an ayurvedic massage center but nothing quite convincing for a young couple like ourselves. The restaurant needs an upgrade, the breakfast is a major let down. Have stayed at other 3 and 4 star hotels in the vicinity and they have much more to offer. 3/5
Overall our stay at Casa Severina was comfortable. However would recommend it for a more matured age group. The GM Mr Johnson is a nice guy, hope the lady at the front desk was as welcoming.
Thoroughly recommended for a quiet stay.
Although less than 20 rooms, this is a well cared for, well staffed hotel with lovely swimming pool and manicured gardens.
Only 2 minutes walk from the shopping strip in one direction and 5 mins walk to beach in other direction.
I stayed in "Super Deluxe" room which was good size and so tastefully furnished with Portuguese influence and gorgeous large balcony to relax overlooking the lovely gardens . Both shower and bath - plenty of hot water and excellent pressure.
The regular house cleaning guy was so friendly (he is really asset to Hotel) and so helpful. He gave me a peek in the other classes of rooms - they all looked fabulous. All the staff were friendly and helpful or just up for a chat.
The onsite restaurant menu/food was both extensive yummy and very reasonable price - I rarely ate anywhere else in 4 days.
I would have scored 5/5 if it was not for communication issue over breakfast on day one, where staff made me feel like a thief and staff intimated I was trying to get (scam) breakfast for free/ not paying. NOTE: I knew breakfast was not included in my room rate and said VERY CLEARLY before any service that I wanted breakfast charged to room..!!
Casa Severina is one of the Best properties in North Goa you can ever visit. Hotel is closer to Calangute main market area and all food joint yet the experience to live here is very serene. Beach is accessible 5 min by walk.
The resort itself is a Portuguese style built resort with all the modern day amenities.
One of the cleanest hotel ever visited in Goa. Great Experience.
we stayed in a super deluxe room for 3 nights from 21st October.Good clean Room with necessary amenities.Most of the Staff members are either trainees or School/ college pass outs.Most of them are too polite to give an impression of British Raj. it is a well decorated peaceful spanish villa. The GM and the Reception people were professional except Mr.Imtiaz who possesses a NEGATIVE PERSONALITY/ATTITUDE and behaves like a Paid Toilet attendant Anything and Everything is a big NO for him even though if it is very much within Guest's entitlement.God bless him.we have no intention to re visit this place.