I stayed here in a group of 10 Friends, All of us found the place very nice & clean with comfortable stay. Food & Rooms are good with perfect location. enjoyed lot there, & many thanks to all staff of the hotel for lovely food and service
I spent 4 days at this guest house, when my original stay was set at 28 days. The first day, 2 hours into being in the room, I noticed a large dead cockroach on the floor in the bathroom. It was cleaned up for me and I was told not to worry, it was uncommon. Waking up from my first night, there were 2 huge cockroaches in the room with me, very much alive. By day 3, the caretaker was spraying the drain and the cracks in the walls every few hours, while I tried to find somewhere else to stay. When by late in the afternoon I had to deal with 6 of these insects, I asked to break my contract and found somewhere else to sleep that night.
Were it not for Trip Advisor intervening, I would not have been let out of the contract and would have had to pay the whole amount. Fortunately I found a room very close by, with a local family, and spent the rest of my stay with them. I never saw a single roach, big or small, dead or alive, for the rest of my stay in Goa.
I do NOT recommend this property. They said they get a pest control service in frequently, but I don't believe that is true.
We were a group of 8 girls staying here. The rooms are less spacious but they are neat and tidy. We stayed for 2 days, this is located in Bardez Goa, on the way to Anjuna. They have their own restaurants, where you could get food provided you order in advance.
The caretakers were really sweet people, they made sure they address all our queries and needs. The wifi does work, however, the reception is bad maybe as it keeps dropping on and off.
It is definitely worth the money, a good stay option.
Our stay at Down Hill Village was very unpleasant and uncomfortable.
1. There were no towels and soaps in the room. After asking for the same repetitively, we got it almost after an hour of pursuing the keeper.
2. No remote for Air conditioner in the room. When we finally got it after waiting for long we got to know that batteries are dead in the remote.
3. No proper latch in the bathrooms of both rooms because of which we couldn't lock it from inside which caused lot of problems for female friends of mine.
4. When we checked in, there was a frog on the bed in one of the rooms.
4. When asked for extra mattresses, ideally 4 mattresses were required, we got only 2 and were asked to adjust in the same, as other mattresses were already given to other guests.
I fail to understand this as we had done booking much in advance mentioning the expected number of people. Atleast the mattresses could have been arranged.
5. The 2 mattresses that we received were also not in a good shape. They were torn, cotton oozing out of the mattresses not at all comfortable.
6. And finally, to top it all there was an electricity failure around midnight. Which we thought was fine, it can happen. We waited for 2 hours but nothing good happened to get the electricity back. Failing to understand no generator in a guest house filled with people (As all mattresses were given away) to at least keep the fan on. Expecting minimum, not even candles provided.
There was nobody at the guest house except for the old care taker who could address to our queries. A manager or a dedicated personnel should have been there. At least to address such kind of issues.
That is a nice hotal..feel at home...good location but sum prob that there is no wi fi at the hotal...but i find that sameer the caretaker of that place he is a very kind & helpful parson his nature is awosame he did not treat me like a costmare he treat me as a brother i will definately stay there second time with these people...