The location is good, however, despite of several complaints the set top box of TV is not working, also the regulator switch of the fan was missing, not able to control it's speed due to this. Also remote of AC was not available, house keeping told to switch off the ac when feeling cold. What a stupidity it is.
I am not in favour of writing damning reviews as huge negativity is not helpful ........ However in this case I have to say book this hotel if you are a student backpacker on a tight budget,,but otherwise look elsewhere.
It is situated in the centre of a bustling town close to endless bars and tattoo parlours ... extremely noisy at night, but we'll positioned for the beach. The exterior and interior desperately needs re decoration and the rooms need total refurbishment. The mattresses were thin and laid on solid boards ...... very uncomfortable, the furniture seemed to have been collected from age old house clearances or rubbish skips. The balcony had a huge hole in the floor and missing railing. Breakfast was served in the room ...... A thinly spread jam sandwich and strange tasting tea and coffee!
After a bad night's sleep and a dubious breakfast, we moved to a delightful hotel (Ronil Royale)..... more expensive but much nicer.
Other than the fact that this hotel is opposite The famous Tito's lane there is nothing good about this hotel.
It is a very badly maintained building and honestly i was afraid to enter in it along with my wife but being valentines day we couldn't find other places to shift. (We found another place the next day and shifted)..
So our room was on second floor, the way to our room was very shady and very dimly light.
Then we enterd the room. It had two double beds, a tv, a fridge, an AC but the problem was that everything was in bad shape. For TV n AC there was no remote. The AC was old and non functional and despite several attempts it refused to work. We had to sleep with an open door to aviod suffocation.
The fridge worked after the waiter (Rahul aged 14-15 years) tried to tweak it a few times.
Then the problem that we faced was electric sockets to charge our phone. There was one socket for AC (unusable) and then another with multiplug from which the TV, fridge and the set top box were connected. So for charging the phone we had to unplug the fridge.
Now the washroom- worst experience ever. Non working shower, leaking flush and layers of dirt on walls n floor (probably it has not been properly cleaned since years).
Coming to bed- two double beds but none worth sleeping. On one the sheets were too dirty on the other the sheets had too many holes. The red blanket had stains
So all in all i have stayed in a lot many hotels but this was the worst experience. Though i must say that the management tried to give as good a service as possible and helped me at every step.. But i will never return here nor will recommend this to anyone.
Location wise superb but other thing not proper. Including Breakfast but its worst. Only 2slice of bread given in Breakfast. Room was very bed condition n just basic not available in room. Not recommended for family or couple .
The only advantage of this place remains the fact that it is right in the middle of the most happening Baga party hub, the Tito's Lane, and a stone's throw away from the beach shacks. This makes it one of the most accessible places to stay.
It is also not too heavy on the pocket. It would be a pleasurable place to stay, except, what you get other than the location advantage is not worth even the cheap cost of the hotel.
1. They say "breakfast included", but the only things they serve are: Bread butter, bread jam, Omlette+ bread. No exceptions, I have been here twice (once last year) and both times they have refused to even toast the bread. This time I was given the excuse "Toaster kharab hogaya hai" (i.e. "Toaster isn't working!). Last time it was "Yahan toast nahi milta" (i.e. "We don't serve toast").
2. Despite having pre-booked and the management knowing well that the guests (our group) were arriving, we were given a room that had an AC that didn't work well and a TV without a remote control for the box! He had to fetch the remote from elsewhere.
3. When reported to check the AC, a rather slow attendant came in, pushed some buttons and told us "It is working". When we argued that it wasn't really up to the mark, and simply blowing air (not cool enough either) at a rather slow speed which wasn't well adjustable, he retorted with a rude "You have kept the doors and windows open! That is why it is not cooling"! Needless to say, our room wasn't very comfortable.
4. They don't repeat bath towels unless you fight for them. You have to make do what is given on the first day. "We don't have any more towels" or "Towels are in the laundry, we are out of towels", or worse "We can't give you towels now. You have been given once already" are the things you get to hear. I got all three answers from their attendants on different occasions during my 4 day stay.
5. Three of us shared the room. Me and another friend had to sleep without a comforter on the first night because they could spare only one that evening (which only one of us could use). We were told this: "We ran out of comforters..they are all in the laundry".
5. The coffee they serve is mostly all milk and negligible amount of coffee powder!
6. The extra mattress given to us was in tatters and half eaten up by rats.
So there you have it. We were lucky we didn't spend much time in the room; wanted to spend our days on the beaches. Others who want to have a comfortable room stay, please think twice; look at other options. The cheap rates are attractive, but disappointment on almost every other front is in store.