We are 4 friends who went with family. The stay was enjoyable. Though we had informed around 2 weeks earlier to allot four rooms together, still they have us separately. The gala dinner on Christmas wasn't that tasty, veg options were really linked. Drinks were good and flowing. Apart from these two points all other things were good. Pool, room services, breakfast spread. I really liked the place, given an option will revisit.
This was our return visit to Joecons after having a fantastic stay previously, and all I can say is that it's still very good and maintained well. We stayed for 4 nights, then had to leave because of no room and then return back for another 8 nights which was bit of a hassle but we managed.
Booking was very easy, Vincent was really helpful and sorted out our package & rooms and we were pleased to have them next to each other as we spoke about. The receptionists were more than helpful in getting us ground level due to one of our party having a disability and that was very respectful for keeping their word.
Check-in was fantastic, Receptionists were very helpful, and open to talk to. It does take a while for them to complete their procedures such as photographs, passports..etc but thats with any hotel. Once we were checked in, the rooms were lovely, spacious & most importantly, clean!
Reception area's, pool area & the bar are very well kept. We had inclusive breakfast and it had a wide selection of food, from fresh fruit, to sausages, baked beans, toast... We had to have compulsory Christmas Dinner & New Years Dinner at the hotel but they really went to town with the decoration, music and food! The buffet was amazing, ice sculptures out of this world and the lighting was terrific. You wouldn't even expect a hotel to go this far but it was definately value for money.
Staff were very helpful. As mentioned above the reception team were more than helpful fixing minor issues (doors weren't opening/WiFi passcodes..etc) The team at the restaurant worked tremendously hard to ensure each guest was looked after. Special thanks to Vilivi for the lovely cappuccinos, Rahman, Ashok, Francisco & all the team for the great hospitality.
The scenary at Joecons is out of this world, surrounded by palm trees, it makes it a perfect holiday resort. At night the place is lit up with a relaxing atmosphere, no words can explain how great it was. The pool was clean although it was quite cold, we noticed not many people were using it because of this reason, unfortunately it's not temperature controlled and the sea was way warmer so going to Benaulim Beach (Just about 5-10 mins from the resort) was nicer. Joecons have their own shack to near the beach and operate a shuttle that drops/picks you which was a nice thing to have.
The only reason for not giving it an Excellent rating is the WiFi severely lets the place down. For us, it was critical as we needed to complete some business work while staying, as well as for e-mails/communications. You have to get a voucher code from reception every 24 hours, and pretty much the speeds you'll get are around 0.01-0.012mbps. Comparing this to 200mbps+ in the UK, it's dreadfully slow. We asked about it at reception and they rebooted their device which made it run faster, but then went down again. I don't think the system is designed for hotels as the captive page had trouble loading just to enter the voucher code. In the rooms it constantly kept cutting out and kept telling us a "simultaneous" error message when we reconnected. In the end we used 4G which was way faster.
Overall a pleasant stay and we look forward to staying at Joecons in the near future
We stayed at this hotel as we were attending a wedding in the area. It was a good choice, staff very helpful. Amazingly good value for food and drink and taxis are also good value. We will most certainly return with friends.
I stayed with my family for 4 nights and the experience was awesome
I will recommend it for everyone who want a pleasant stay at South Goa
1. Rooms are clean
2.Swimming pools were well maintained
3. Really well maintained resort. Pretty clean
4. Awesome complimentary breakfast with live counters
5. Really well behaved stuff
6. Close to Benaulim Beach. It's kind of 5-10 minutes walking
7. Joecons Shack available at Benaulim beach
Need more focus
1. Check-in process needs to be faster.
2. WiFi isn't provided by default and you need to request for it several times every day. Plus the WiFi voucher provided once isn't going to work for the full stay. Instead as a customer you need to ask for WiFi voucher everyday at 12 am. This is little cunning. I mean they should look to provide only one WiFi voucher for each customer which should work for the full stay of the customer.
3. For online booking Joe cons need to ensure that if a customer is booking more than 1 room and especially if it's for family then they need to provide rooms in same building/floor. For e.g I wasn't provided two rooms in the same building and for which I refused to stay and had arguments with the executive. They were in fact asking to pay 3000 extra per room to get it in same building/floorThis is where then they agreed and then upgraded/provided my 2 rooms in same floor/same building
Spacious and tidy rooms, one room can accommodate two extra single beds. Resort is nicely located about 1 km away from Benaulim beach one of the cleaner beaches in Goa. 2 Swimming pools & gym help you unwind within the resort.
Food is the only thing which needs improvement, both menu as well as taste needs a big improvement.