OK so, the main reason I chose this was that it had a pool. After a week in a beach front cabin Id already decided I needed a pool.
Id even read the TA reviews and decided this place was going to be ok. I booked by accident, 5 nights, one more than needed. They werent interested in helping me get a refund. Poos customer service and unsafe rooms as far as security goes in my opinion.
Now, at checking no one was there. I went to the restaurant, was told rather abruptly that the hotel was nothing to do with them! So, whole a resturant is onsite its not connected. Well thats me NOT using that then during my stay.
After around a 10 min wait I got checked in, the formalities of copying my passport an filling out the register. I stayed on the second floor. Place was full apparently. So I got in the room, the door lock was inadequate. The TV was broken the fridge absolutely stank and the wardrobe doors were broken. Plus the walls and doors were grimy and dirty. My balcony view was that of a rubbish tip on the plot next door. The bedclothes had rips in them too.
I complained about the TV, it never got sorted. I sorted it myself, the coax cable had detached itself and the TV needed tuning. During the 2nd night the AC broke. I complained, was advised "we will take a look tomorrow." I couldn't change rooms
as the place was full.
There seemed to be a few Brits and a lot of Russians. The Brits who I spoke to raved about the place saying how nice it was. I can only guess their standards were a lot lower than mine.
Security. NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT - And my sole reason to advise not to stay. The door lock was insufficient. The handle was packed out with cardboard. The balcony sliding door was a joke. Totally insecure. BUT THE WORST, behind the smaller bed next to the bathroom there was a small window behind the curtain which was drawn. The window was left open. A thief could quite easily have climbed up outside and popped in/out through that window undetected. It was as if it had been left and hidden behind closed curtains deliberately.
So i had to carry all my valuable documents with me at all times and daily i locked my solid Samsonite case and chained it to the bathroom plumbing. I did not incur any losses. Thankfully.
The walls of the room were dirty and grubby. The general decor of the place was run down. The best feature was the pool. The sunbeds were worn and grubby. Tiles missing from the pool.
When I asked to speak to the manager i was told - there is no manager we are all the same!"
So, by Indian standards it was probably OK, by international ones, it wouldn't make the rating scale. I didn't expect 5 star but i did expect cleanliness and security.
Finally. The WiFi. Total garbage. Only works in the reception area. Slow.
DO NOT stay here. Find alternatives.
Stay at SOTS many times. Booked for this year as usual. Reserved room as we left last season and left our usual box of holiday equipment with the staff. Phoned to confirm arrival time and told booking cancelled- two weeks before we traveled. No excuse, apology or reason. Management of the accommodation must take the blame. When we did arrive in Benaulim, which we love, we went and met the owner - Dr E Vaz. Again no reason given, all he could say was he was so sorry!! I hope he gets the same treatment when he books his next hotel.
Good sized room with wifi, a/c, nice shower with plenty of hot water. Lovely clean pool but not enough sunbeds or brollies. Good restaurant serving freshly prepared food.
Central location for supermarkets & shopping. 15 minutes walk to the beach. Plenty of restaurants nearby, all reasonably priced. One or two take credit cards giving a good exchange rate.
The experience was really good. Really clean and neat rooms. This was the second time we visited. The hotel is around 1 Km away from the beach. Ideal for walking too, although a bike or a car would be good. One negative was that the hotel staff is a little partial and biased towards foreigners. Benaulim beach is really peaceful, unlike colva or Calangute, Near the beach, there are a lot of shacks and restaurants. And But the hotel stay was really good and peaceful. I would like to visit again :)
I had booked this Hotel to celebrate a get-together with my college friends. It had been a wonderful experience in this hotel.
<<< Location >>>
- This property is very close to Maria Hall, so if you are taking a local/state bus from Madgaon then it would be very convenient for you.
- There are shopping centres, medical stores, food stores and stationery stores close by which makes the stay very convenient.
- It would be advisable to either use bike/cycles to reach the beach instead of walking from this hotel.
<<< Rooms and Service >>>
- The rooms were comfortable with sufficient space,room service is OK.
- There are mini fridges which helps when you are in Goa
- The hotel has a famous restaurant within it's premises, but there is no room service for food.
- There is a swimming pool in the hotel and shacks are placed around the swimming pool, thus you can enjoy your food or drinks while enjoying a swim. But looking at the swimming pool I felt that it was not cleaned regularly (since I am a regular swimmer)
<<< Suggestions and Tips >>>
- If you need drinking water, it's better to buy mineral water bottles.
- You can get bikes/scooters closeby to the hotel but you can also rent it from Madgaon.
- Enjoy the South Goa beaches which are pristine but please remember that South Goa is a perfect place to hang out minus the noise and party zones.
- If you are driving here ensure that you do not create nuisance to the locals there.
<<< Recommenations >>>
- I would recommend this hotel for family, friends, solo travelers.