Never celebrate your wedding at this hotel. My brother-in-law's son held his wedding reception at this venue. This hotel over-committed, over-charged and under-delivered. Unfortunately, the bride and groom live abroad and were unable to verify the commitments made by the hotel. Following are some of my observations.
1) Promised extra time if the wedding party booked all 25 rooms at the hotel, but shut down music at 11 pm.
2) Charged an exorbitant sum for an event organizer, who (shockingly) was nowhere to be found. Learned that she was in Bangalore on the day of the wedding!
3) Very poor service - Waiters were untrained. I escalated to the Manager (there was 1 Manager for everything) at the venue when I saw 6 waiters serving 300 people with 4 plates per tray. Imagine how long that would take! Many people got no appetizers.
4) Terrible food - this is one area that people do not like to compromise on. Appetizers were terrible, wedding dinner even worse. We could have enjoyed a better buffet at a local restaurant. Breakfast was even worse; we had to keep prompting the servers to replenish the 3 breakfast items!
5) Inconvenient location - no taxis or public transportation available outside the hotel. The wedding guests arrived in a bus and had to wait outside the property for 45 mins as buses werent permitted down the narrow road to the hotel reception. Imagine our shock when 2 cars show up to pick up 50 guests!
6) Rooms - the rooms are cabins, similar to KOA cabins in US. After 1 hr we get to our room (or log cabin to be precise). No phones in the cabins to call for assistance. Many guests used their mobile phones to call reception, but nobody answered. The younger ones decided to walk uphill to the reception (in formal attire) to sound their grievances. Most of us were soaked in perspiration even before the start of the event. And it was year end in India, a supposedly pleasant time of year. How I missed an AC banquet hall !
7) Stray animals - Beware of stray dogs, cats and even a bull roaming freely on the hotel property. I almost bumped into the bull in the dark on my way back to my room (lol); luckily saw it move and sidestepped it in time.
So why did I take the trouble to write this review - Do not simply accept verbal commitments from the owner Nisha Karla Vaz. Visit the property, check the rooms, demand food tasting, and get every single item that you're charged for in writing. Careful with disbursing any advance, she will levy other charges like lighting, event organizer, etc. for a fortune, which were conveniently overlooked at the time of booking. Withhold some balance, to be paid only on delivery of all commitments. For people living abroad, if you have nobody in Goa to assist, find an international chain like the Hyatt or Taj. They WILL NOT compromise on quality or service. Good luck.
Resort is well maintained and next to sea with cozy rooms. It has beautiful view but as mentioned they don't have private beach. There is an access to sea but they have rocky beach which isn't safe.
However, food served in the resort is average.
Nearly 2kms away from the resort is Bogmalo beach which is amazing as there is less crowd and awesome eating places.
I would recommend this hotel if you wish to stay in South Goa.
Extremely beautiful and well kept resort. The wooden cottages are asthetic and pleasing. The housekeeping is good and staff are helpful. However there are few minus points - no beach, the resort is in interiors so no ready access to public transport, quality of food and stray dogs entering the premises.
writing the review after a long gap so ensuring i am not writing out of anger. stayed here twice once in august to check it out prior to my brothers wedding and during the wedding. the location and rooms are good and is a well maintained property. during our recce itself we noticed the food and service wasnt upto par and were convinced by the owner that once season starts it will be much better , when we insisted she allow us catering from outside she gave such an atrocious charge (750 per plate ) that we decided to drop the idea. on the hindsight that would have been cheaper considering the fiasco it ended up in. the food and catering during the reception is a horror story i hope no one has to go through hence the brutal review. they do not have full time staff or contract with another professional caterer which means the service staff is not in her control . the bar tenders were warned not to open the bar until the ceremony is over but they gave in to the pressures of the guests which means people were already thronging the bar before the toast. the starters were horrible , especially the cheese balls or watever they were called . oily and cold by the time they left the kitchen, they had no idea on the quantity or quality needed to serve a reception of 300 people. we had to rush thru the ceremonies and open the buffett just because most of the tables did not get the starters and were famished since it was a evening wedding. we had loads of VVIP guests who finally had to be catered to personally by the family as there was insufficient staff to handle or service them . the buffett was a saving grace , but again the chef ran out of chicken to roast as that was the fastest and best moving dish of the day . the staff though enthusiastic is absolutely incapable of handling the crowd. now the crowning glory , they did not keep food aside for the bride and groom party once they closed the buffett, we actually had leftovers sent to the room to eat after the exhasuting evening and function. even the buffet breakfast is served in portions which means they have to refill the dishes repeatedly.absolutely avoidable place as a wedding destination. book at your own peril
Rooms are Clean and Maintenance is Good! Beach is just for viewing and not accessible! Swimming Pool is Good... Food is also Good! Easily accessible to Airport. Instead of Intercom, they give a Mobile for contacting House keeping and Restaurant! Intercom connection should be made available for easy access to Restaurant & Reception along with Restaurant Menu which is not available in Rooms. Reception Staff are Friendly.. Cost is too High... Just preferred as it is near to Airport for catching an early morning flight..House keeping department sensitivity levels to be increased as they won't come quicker if we give any complaint.