Still our favourite. We have stayed in February for our winter holiday for several years. Although we have stayed in more sophisticated hotels, the Zuri wins on location, friendliness and helpfulness of staff, relaxing vibes, great pool, especially for those seeking some shade, and beautifully maintained and landscaped gardens. The beach, accessed by a walk through the gardens, is breath taking; 24 miles of silver sand and warm sea, perfect for a morning jog to watch the sunrise.
We like to eat at the beach bar/restaurant and find the prices fair. Try the garlic chilli prawns!
The rooms are cool and we like the pool view when possible.
Breakfast is our favourite meal of the day; masses of choice, and the kids find it's possible to have 5 chocolate courses! The local breakfast dishes are freshly cooked to order and nothing is too much trouble.
Staff (cleaners, restaurant, reception, managerial) are keen to make your stay as good as possible. Ask for a guided tour of the hotel garden if you are interested. It's fascinating.
I had done a booking for Zuri White sands on 25 dec 2016 through booking.com website. I had to pay at hotel upon arrival. On 24 dec evening called hotel for confirmation and they informed me that I could pay at the hotel if I arrive before 6pm.
I arrived at 4.30pm at the hotel and the hotel informed me that my booking had been cancelled because my debit card transaction had been declined. After telling about my call one day before they simply apologized and told we are sorry cannot do anything as rooms are all full. I told them that since my deal was a discounted one, they sold the room to another customer as its christmas eve and its a peak season for them. We could not do anything and had to leave the hotel especially travelling so far with a 2 year old infant.
When asked them to ask the sales and reservation team, they simply avoided telling not sure whom I talked on the phone.
Will never visit this hotel again. Please do not trust them as they can do anything to customers for a better business. I did not get any confirmation, email or calls from them regarding my card being declined only upon arrival.
Please avoid using this hotel. Let me point that if this was during off season period, they would have begged us to stay and treated us much better.
I ll tell all my friends and relatives to avoid this hotel at any cost and even going to write my bad experience in all websites.
Absolutely big cheats
Very beautiful resort they have own beach and shake swimming pool is quite big they have casino water food is very good and good service but some of the stuff are not trained at pool side there's not much activity we should be something for kids and adults 2 years back there was many activity at pool side
I have visited and stayed in many five star properties in my life. But Zuri has been the biggest disappointment.
1. The number of mosquitoes found in the property is beyond my expectation. You stand in the lobby for a few minutes and soon you will be surrounded by n number of mosquitoes. You open your room for a few minutes and in no time ur room will be full of mosquitoes. The staff has a misconception that if you open your room door in the evening then the mosquitoes enter your room; sorry but that is not the case you open your room at any time of the day and it shall be filled with mosquitoes. Ok! You can always call the housekeeping guy and request him to come and get rid of the mosquitoes. He comes in with the racket and kills off all the possible mosquitoes, BUT you are on a vacation everytime you do not want someone coming in ur room to invade your privacy. We went to the local market and bought a small bottle of Hit. Every evening when we went out for dinner we used to spray the room and leave.
I fail to understand why there is no fumigation done in such a huge and beautiful property.
2. Quality of food is just average. In my three nights four days stay I did not come across any dish which was 'The Best'. Breakfast spread is average.. nothing great about it. It is inclined more towards foreigners taste than Indian.
I tried omlette the first day the chef made it without any salt in it. After that I just lost the appetite to eat omlette. Paratha's are just like chewing gum. One day Bananas were distributed sparingly as if soon they shall be extinct. Other day chocolate donuts were over around 9:45 on asking more we were told it will be replenished soon but it was never replenished. Dhoklas were over much before time. Surprisingly they were off the menu list too.
3. Room was not cleaned till 3:30 pm inspite of the sign board "make my room" in the ON mode since 9:30 in the morning.
4. On first day We reached hotel around 9:30 at night and my toddler was sleepy and hungry. I asked the girl Leena who helped us to guide us to our room to check if we can order one roti from their Goan speciality restaurant FINS. She assured she will let us know soon but she never got back to us. It's not that we could not call and ask BUT it shows how much you care for your guests with these small gestures.
5. Umbrellas on the swimming pool are so badly designed. It hardly gives you any shade when you sit to watch ur kids playing in the pool.
6. Kids play area hardly has any activities. I went there once with my 4 year old toddler and I was told parents are not allowed. Complete Thumbs down on that.
7. Beach is dirty, not very well maintained. You can find Stray dogs following you on the beach in anticipation that you will offer them some food.
If you want to spend a good amount on your vacation with very low grade services then Zuri is the right place for you.
When it comes to services and hygiene nowhere it looks like a 5 star to me. Only good thing in Zuri was the greenery and swimming pool. It was a one time visit and for sure I would never visit Zuri again not even in any other city.
Staying at the Zuri was a pleasant experience overall, was generally clean and very well looked after
- BUFFET, need i say more? Some of the best continental food i've ever had, in any hotel. Props to the chefs, i ate my weight thanks to our half board option. It was definitely worth it
- Room was generally always cleaned, although balcony areas could do with some work (dated designs)
- A few large pools to choose from, which is great when you need some peace and tranquility away from the main areas
- Plenty of amenities - table tennis, tennis, volleyball, etc.
- due to the unpredictable tropical storms any open areas near the rooms are guarded in nets to stop those pesky bugs from coming near
- Alot of big groups of teens here, probably relishing the fact that they are away from mummy and daddy - they made ALOT of noise on our stay but we looked past it.