Not worth the money spent
by annkiitgupttaa on
In one line the resort is not worth the money being spent. I paid $200 for 3 nights which is almost INR 5,000/night. Likely I would have got a far better place to stay at this price point. Maybe one can get a better stay at half of this price, or maybe even lower at INR 1500-2000 in these covid times when hotels are really cheap.
1) Locker wasn't working and despite 3 complaints it still didnt work while we were staying for 3 days. Since goa works on cash, its a mandate to have a working locker to keep the money.
2) Intercom wasn't working and despite 3 complaints it wasnt fixed in 3 days. I had to visit reception for everything.
3) Day 1 room was cleaned without us asking for it. Day 2, I told at reception I dont need to get room cleaned but it was still done despite my request.
4) Balcony door was left open after room was cleaned on day 1. Its really difficult and tricky to close the door
5) Room can be accessed by anyone from balcony since its all on ground floor and door was left open by housekeeping as mentioned in #4
6) Lizards and insects can be found all over (luckily none was found in our room)
7) Tiny washrooms
8) Parking available only for 5-6 cars, I had to adjust mine in a corner most of the times
9) Breakfast buffet was horrible disaster on ALL 3 DAYS. 1 terrible south indian dish, 1 other terrible indian veg dish, 1 non-veg dish ( I dont eat so cant say how it was), bread butter/jam, stale looking fruits, poorly prepared tea/no coffee, no live counter(atleast I couldn't see any staff member in restaurant to even ask), chairs/tables not cleaned post previous day's dinner, no social distancing or covid norms followed, breakfast wasn't ready until 8:30AM while it was supposed to start at 7:30AM.
10) Beach is not directly accessible from resort, one needs to go out and walk for about 150-200 meters in a shady area, must be avoided at night. The beach is one of the worst I have ever seen, with loads and loads of garbage and stinking fish smell. If someone is expecting to book it for its name comprising of beach, avoid at all costs.
A Brilliant Stay, great location, great staff and great food!
by julespmk on
We stayed for 2 weeks from 26th February 2020 to 12th March 2020. The weather was very warm both day time and evening. We had a down stairs Terrace room 202, near close to the swimming pool with a large patio.
We had an amazing stay. We have traveled far and wide and we can honestly say that we would be hard pushed to find such a great place to stay that matches this. That is because all staff were friendly, welcoming and nothing was too much trouble!
The Management even put on a Cocktail party for guests so that we could meet all the key people and so they could listen to any concerns we may have.
The Reception staff were great too and when we arrived at about 1.30 am, our bags were taken to our room and we were provided with room service of Beers and Sandwiches.
Also, it was my Birthday when I was out there and the Hotel gave me a lovely cake delivered to our room, complete with a Candle.
Our TuI Representative was also very good, very knowledgeable and friendly.
As it is a small Hotel, it was easy to make friends, we met and made friends with so many English Couples, which helped to make a holiday very memorable.
They are well appointed with Fridge, Kettle, plenty of electric sockets and lighting and of course en-suite bathroom with large walk in shower. Air conditioning and a fan, double bed with a Duvet and a personal mini safe. There was a flat screen TV, but we did not use it. Bottled water is provided daily.
The Wardrobe could be improved on as it had a short rail which meant that it was impractical to hang dresses without them dangling on a shelf. There is also a lack of drawer space (probably about 3) which meant we kept our smaller items in our suit case and lived out of there.
There are no shelves in the bathroom to keep toiletries, just the shelf around the sink, there is a shelf under the sink where towels had to be stored.
This was not too deep, lovely and warm. There are approximately 35 sun beds around the pool, they are good quality with padded mattresses on the whole there were plenty to go around without the need for people having to get up early and reserve a bed! although some people did. Each couple of beds had a sun shade, so plenty to go round.
In addition, there is a sun bathing terrace above the bar, there were a couple of beds up here and a couple of sun shades. We did not go up here as we needed the shade.
Pool towels were provided and can be exchanged for clean ones.
There are two bars one pool bar and one in door bar both serve drinks from 11 am to 11 pm. The staff were brilliant, friendly and happy to serve you around your Sun Bed or at the table around the swimming pool bar. The indoor bar was good fun in the evening, you can always find someone to talk to.
The food was buffet style whether it be, Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. Drinks are served at your table for each meal.
We did not often do breakfast as we preferred to do lunch, but when we did, there was an Egg station, serving any type of egg you want. They served full English and Curries at Breakfast.
The food was amazing, there was not one dish we did not like. Also, if there is anything you fancy, the Chef will cook it for you.
There is another complementary restaurant, where guest receive a complimentary yellow ticket once per week. You make a reservation with the Restaurant for you chosen night. This is when you are served at the table, again, it was a nice meal (I had butter Chicken). The down side of coming here, was it was just the two of us dining so it lacked the atmosphere!
We did not see all the entertainment as sometimes we went out. But what we did see was good, there was a Disco, Karaoke and on the Friday night there was a Bollywood night, with live Musicians and Dancers and a BBQ. This was a brilliant night, both food and entertainment were amazing. (You just need to book a table in advance) they have to clear the pool area by 3 pm in order to set things up.
We were there for the Holi Festival - the Hotel laid on the celebrations, it was brilliant, lovely atmosphere, great learning about their culture and all round good fun.
Everywhere was clean, including our Bedroom, Bars, Restaurant, The Gardens and Pool. Staff work very hard to keep it clean.
It is in a great location just off the main road. Note, buses can not go down the narrow road, so you will be dropped off on the main road. The Hotel do provide a car to take your bags to the Hotel, we walked a few hundred yards to the Hotel I guess for those that can not walk, you can travel in the Car.
It is not far from the beach and beach shacks, about a 5 minute fast walk or 10 minute stroll.
DOGS there are lots of them, but dont be frightened, they ignore you and as there is a fence around the Hotel, none came in to bother us.
We would love to come back sometime in the future!