Room was extra laaaarge and accommodated 3 of us easily
breakfast was sumptuous and a great way to start the day
the arrangements at the hotel for our whole group was excellent
fekt secure seeing more than three guards at the gate.
will surely return back to the same place if travelling again to guwahati
Organized a conference last evening at the hotel. The food was the most horrible I had ever come across.
First of all, they diluted the cold drinks with water. Every person in the conference could feel that. This is cheap business.
Next, the Paneer for starters was not Paneer but Tofu, which is cheap and tastes horrible.
In the main course buffet, the Rice in the pulao was not properly cooked. Rest of the items had absolutely no good taste.
On top of that we paid Rs. 1000/person for this terrible food.
Cheating in Business is not a good thing.
I'll never recommend this place.
Stayed for a 3 days . The Hotel looked nice and luxurious from out side .Facilities are not impressive as it appears . The Room was good. The service was little poor but the staff are very co-operative . Food is just ok and over priced.The breakfast served was cold .All over it is an average hotel to stay.
I was somehow on business trip last week, and somehow being season or for whatsoever reason, i could not get a room in two premium options in guwahati, the only 2 known chain. Anyways, the travel agent sent me the list of alternate options and they all were more or less of same range that the world class hotel chain have (INR 6000++).
I've been to Guwahati before few times and had stayed in the known brand hotels and they were sometimes even less than this tariff. In anycase, assuming the tarriff being same the hotel standarda would also be. But I was mistaken here.
Nothing much i can recall.
Not so Good:
1. Room was all dusty smell, i being sensitive to it made things further worse. The carpet is full of dust, dirt, hairs, and what all it can accumulate in itself. Look closely and u can find entire eco-system in it, but not good one for human species.
2. The AC duct has also full of accumulated dust and you can literally see dust deposits on vents and some spider web traces inside visible range of vent/duct.
3. The checkin and check out was average experience but bit bureaucratic and erroneous. . You need to cross check your details and spellings, as it was all wrong, despite correct details being given at time of booking as well as on checkin.
4. They kept on checking (twice) with their housekeeping/service desk about my minibar consumption at time of checkout . :D. And guess what.. the room minibar refrigerator was all empty since beginning, which even they were aware. Lol. Fortunately they didn't discussed that further for billing knowing the reality.
5. The toiletries are not upto the standards you expect after paying this much.
6. The bedsheets / pillow cover and linens seems to be not fresh, as i found hair as well as crush wrinkle signs as if it has been used before.
7. The towels though washed are old and have lost lustre and with some dangling stiches and torn threads
8. The infrastructure and fit finish is sub standard and everything in picture may look glossy but in real you'll see they are cheap copies of some good designs.
9. Worst of all, the windows and doors have ZERO noise insulation, and being next to busy street you can hear the honking and tyre noise of each passing vehicle, from 2 wheeler to the big trailer trucks.. even though i was quite high at 5th floor. Come next morning, the high drum trumphet woke me up, and comes the guest of marriage party to hotel at early hours.. i don't have issue with celebration and guests, i am happy for the newly married couples, but the noise insulation for others? :/.
10. And somebody next to my room or top of my room was doing some construction/repair work all night (not a love making knocks , but a pure hammer and chisel one)... i couldn't get good sleep.. don't know what they were upto.
11. Limited selection of breakfast menu and below average speed and services. I had to remind them that I've ordered something 30 mins back in breakfast, which was displayed but with empty jar..
12. The pool seems to be closed, probably its early winters. I don't know exactly.
13. The gym is cramped , 1 room floor area converted to gym with stuffed weights and cross trainer. But one will have hardly space to stretch his/her hand.. too much filled in too small space. Just for the sake of having a gym in list there is a gym i guess.
Two nights and thats all what i wanted to get finish and move back to my town after finishing work.. didn't had time to do much and neither the ambience and processes and staff capabilities looked professional enough to know what star facilities are for the price they charging. The charges are borne by my business so i don't have to worry about cost, but still to be fair the facility is just right for the one third of cost in value worth.
While taking shower, the cap off shower broke and hit me in the head. I was aghast, did now what to do.
First I reported the incident at reception but no immediate response came.
After reminding them of fatal accident they sent a Technician.
I interested to talk to manager on duty he didn't do anything except saying.
And one more thing they charge exorbitantly for food items.