I've stayed at this hotel about 3 years ago and had written a review then, highlighting some of the issues faced then.
Disappointingly, not just do those issues remain, more have emerged and on top of it, the staff has become indifferent and rude.
On this visit with a group, I faced several problems. So much so, that I informed the callous staff I would check out at the earliest instead of staying the full 5-6 nights booked. I shifted to Hotel Lemon Tree after two days as they had no vacancy earlier.
1. The issue of last visit where a buzzer would go off if a door was left ajar still remained, despite the staff saying on last visit that they would rectify this.
2. There was still a thudding sound coming periodically through the night, and day. The staff member Mr. Brijesh came to my room and we waited for the sound. He heard it and agreed its not my imagination. He instructed the staff to detect the source. The hotel is in a standalone building, so the sound was coming from somewhere within the building. However, the source could not be detected. Later he denied there was any sound at all! Another guest (Mona) with me who checked out with me early also faced the same issue through the two nights stayed there. She had two children with her, the younger one just 7 years old and said he could not sleep as the sound scared him. So obviously he was not lying, but the staff still denied any sound! Ridiculous.
3. The refrigerator would not work. I checked the plug point and On/Off switches. It did come on for a bit, then went off again. Mr. Brijesh called a maintenance expert when checking for the sound mentioned above, and got the problem sorted. After that, the refrigerator went off again! Later, he put the blame on me saying I did not switch it on! I must be really dumb, right? Last time (in my previous stay) there was a short circuit causing sparks from the refrigerator plug point, and that was rectified by the staff.
4. The tea kettle was stinking. I was so frustrated by then, that I simply took it down to Mr. Brijesh at the reception and left it with him.
5. The breakfast quality has dropped drastically. Conrflakes were sub standard. On asking the restraunt staff if a better quality can be arranged, they flatly refused saying this is what they get. Perhaps the staff should be taken to Lemon Tree across the road to get some idea of how it works. To be fair, in my last visit, food quality was good.
6. Since the tea kettle in my room was unusable, I called up the restaurant to have a cup of black tea ready for me to have as I'm on my way out. I was in a hurry. I reached the restaurant at the said time. What do I find there? Nothing! No tea.
7. The Wifi works. But has to be logged in repeatedly. The TV remote and Set Top Box (Cable TV) have seperate remotes, and its quite a learning curve to find channels of choice. Trust me, these are minor issues.
8. I had insisted to Mr. Brijesh and Ms. Shukti (the lady who manages the bookings) that I would want a refund for such deficiency in service. I had paid for 2 days in advance. Mona asked for her unused days to be refunded- she had paid for entire stay in advance. Another guest with us (Ritu) had also paid for entire stay in advance. They agreed. However, no refund was made to me. The two days Mona stayed were not refunded, and to be fair, the unused days were refunded. Ritu got no refund even for all her unused days (she refused to stay here at all).
8. Check out process obviously was quick. Mr. Brijesh had the gumption to say we were going to Lemon Tree because all our friends were there. Well no, all our friends were staying back at Winway as they were ok here, and shifting is a bother. I wish the owners of Winway would sponsor Mr. Brijesh and Ms. Shukti ti stay at Lemon Tree or Shrimaya Hotel across the road to understand a few things about hotels.
On the positive side, the bathroom is large, and I liked the towels. Another colleage Amrish didn't, and actually bought some from the market.
I recommend this hotel to my enimies! It takes the crown away from Hotel Claremont, Singapore as the worst hotel experience I've had. (Pl read that review too get the drift).
A nice spacious hotel. Good for a short business trip. Interiors are also pretty decent. Tiffin their in-house restaurant is also well designed and nice place to eat. Located near to sarafa bazaar as well which makes hoping out easy.
As far as Hotel is concern it is 3.5 star but when it comes to behaviour of Desk people it is only 1 star.
Mr. Brijesh who manages the desk is very rude and talks very unprofessional.
He doesn't wish Good morning or Evening to guest on desk or over phone,
When corporate booking is done and was informed that payment will be made by company later on and not by the guest, he calls up the Director early in the morning for Payment and when told to talk properly over phone he says (main apna mood kharab nahi karna chata hun aapse baat karke)
This is not acceptable, and this was our last dealing with winway.
Hope management improvise on desk people
I visited Indore alongwith my family on December 30th 2016, the rooms were spacious and the ambience was great, the stay was very comfortable and the service too was nice. The breakfast was also good.
Plus: Extremely convenient location, close to the Indore railway station, Rajwada, 56 Dukan easily accessible; superb breakfast at Tiffin ( cosy and aesthetic ambience) or at Terrace; large mirrors in cosy comfortable clean rooms; drinking water supplied amply; courteous and co-operative staff.
Minus: Washroom mirror poorly lit ( shave by groping one's chin!); no chairs in the room; modern electrical switches can be quite challenging to turn on or off.
Special: A clock displaying the current time at Djibouti :)
Enjoyed our stay there.