This is a nice and cozy home stay run by a family who all are very warm and friendly. Best for people who are bored of staying in hotels.
- The location is great but google maps takes you elsewhere.
- It is a quiet place having a quiet surrounding
- A beautiful and very well maintained property with a nice entrance, courtyards, well decorated walls, garden and lots of birds.
- Room size is decent, mattresses are nice - in fact had the best sleep in my entire Rajasthan trip
- Excellent WI-FI
- Bathroom size is as big as the room, but it is not maintained well - leaking shower and taps, broken toilet seats. This was the only let down in this otherwise excellent property
- They allowed us a late check-in (8 PM) but did not had any food to offer.
- There is a pizza place attached to this hotel (which becomes a bit noisy at times), but not in a mood of eating pizza, we suddenly felt the location is not that great - as there are not many eateries around, and also very tough to find a local transport from this place after 8 PM.
- Breakfast service was very slow, we waited for half an hour and left as we were getting late. Maybe being a home stay the services are not as fast as hotels.
We booked two rooms at this hotel based on the reviews that we have read. The nightmare began when we were trying to reach the hotel. Our driver couldn't find it even when using a GPS. We called the hotel to get directions, but no one answered the phone (at around 8 pm). Eventually, we reached the hotel, but they didn't have two rooms for us. Initially, they denied receiving a reservation for two rooms, but eventually, agreed that they did. They offered to put us at an alternate, neighbor hotel for free. We accepted, but the hotel where they put us was dump.
Two more issues: 1. The streets around Jagat Villas were awful with garbage tossed in the sidewalks. 2. My daughter was sick and we asked to use a bathroom at the hotel. They allowed her to use it, but the bathroom was dirty (for example, the toilette was not flushed).
I sum, everything about Jagat Vilas was of poor quality. We would not recommend it.
booked the place with high hopes and it good in prospects to the food which was home food, and owner sitting with you at the table was the best experience. People were great as well. However, the rooms were okay and not a value for money as the wash room was not at all maintained i.e it was leaking and not at all in a good condition. My suggestions is to get a good room there may be my room was in bad shape.
Best part seeing birds there and the ambiance was the best part to sit and read a book. Perfect place if you get a good room and a deal to justify the value for money
As you find your way to the place you begin to have doubts if the place would be any good. All that is but a distant memory once you meet the owners and see the lovely courtyard they have. Lily the pup is so full of energy its just a joy to watch her buzz around!
The rooms are clean and the home cooked food was a welcome change. The views from the terrace are great. There is a pizzeria close by which churns out some decent stuff just in case your in the mood for a pizza.
I loved staying here. The house is green, beautiful, and architecture is old-school. Rooms are clean and the resident puppy is cute as hell. The owners were very warm, and the environment was over all very friendly and safe. Rooms on the roof have a lovely view of the palace and fort, but aren't too fancy. The room on the ground floor is adorable with a small green courtyard at the center. The location is amazing if you want to visit the fort, palace, or the clock tower market. Most importantly, as a woman, I would be comfortable staying here alone.