Excellent location ! Great Service
by Fimani on
We were 2 ladies who stayed here in November for 3 nights. The location is really good Easy to get taxis. Close to the metro station. The service provided by Nandu is really good. He was very prompt with our tea and coffee in the morning and very polite in general.
We had a very comfortable stay. The only complaint I have is the rooms are a bit dated and needs a little more lighting. If you are looking for a fancy place this may not be it . But if you want a basic, clean, comfortable and safe place to stay then definitely go for it.
Very reasonable rooms prices also
A fabulous place in the heart of the city
by Rajrupa on
The owner is an enterprising entrepreneur and has eye for detail. This is a charming place indeed and has been maintained rather well with the tasteful decor. It has a great ambience and a very convenient location
Nice heritage bunglaw
by Rohit S on
It's an old heritage bunglow converted to a hotel.
1. Nice spacious rooms
2. Nicely located - close to park street
3. Good friendly service
4. Good food
5. Neat and clean with large dining hall on ground floor
1. The place is on the road, expect noise would be there
by Beverly on
Most fabulous stay. The rooms were comfortable, very Clean and large.
The family are warm andthe meals are awesome.
Di will definitely be coming back.
Remember to book some walking toues of Kolkatta. Ilina will surely help out there
Awesome furniture- an imperial flavor, cuisine par excellence, great location, friendly owner, and finally Mr Nandu
by Probal G on
1. It was like being transported to imperial times with modern amenities
2. Tea, coffee and cookies were always available, as a part of the deal
3. The wifi connection was very good, not like the usual slow connections which one would find in other locations in Cal
4. The Underground/LRT/Metro and street cars are only 10 mins walk
5. Amrit(owner) is very helpful and accommodating
6. LAST but not the LEAST: Mr Nandu -his cooking skills-north Indian, typical Bengali(mustard oil based) preparations needs to be tasted , cannot be described though.
If you have one meal- ask him to prepare Prawn coconut curry, fish a la mustard and meat(it is usually goat meat) curry - succulent pieces of meat in a velvety gravy- the nearest that I can describe it.