I stayed at Central B&B for 5 nights recently, and had the best possible experience.
From the moment of booking, Jayant, the owner, had been most helpful in insuring I would have no trouble reaching the property. After a kind welcome on arrival, he assisted me with everything from transportation to arranging a custom tour of a temple, as well as other small but important things - and details make all the difference. His replies very always prompt, regardless of the hour I needed something. I felt like I was staying at the house of a good friend who really wanted me to feel at home in his city and to experience what it had to offer in most comfortable, safest way possible - very important for a solo female traveler.
There's little I have to add to the previous reviews regarding the...
- Location: great; very central, close to public transportation, malls, pharmacies and good cafes/restaurants. Uber rides around town are inexpensive from there to most popular sights, a lot of which are also walkable;
- Room: on the 7th floor, spacious, clean, with plenty of natural light, good bed and plenty of hot water in the bathroom;
- Common areas: kept very clean, with snacks like bananas, juices, bread and cornflakes resupplied. There is also a good water filter in the kitchen, so no need to worry about purchasing drinking water;
- Food: breakfast is included. A VERY generous and serving of home-cooked thali can be ordered inexpensively for dinner. You can also use Zomato for food delivery;
- Atmosphere: very welcoming and friendly. It's a clean, safe and comfortable space with all the privacy of a rental apartment and the amazing service of the best of hotels;
- Value for money: the best I have experienced in India, period.
Overall, I could not recommend Central B&B enough. I would not stay elsewhere on my next visit to Kolkata.
Thank you, Central B&B!
We stayed here a year ago , but don't seem to have left a Tripadvisor review.
The B&B couldn't have been better. After the initial shock of arriving from the UK for our first visit to Kolkata Jayant and his B&B were such a pleasant surprise .
We were made very welcome and comfortable and Jayant couldn't do enough to ensure our stay was a pleasant one. A haven of peace after our explorations in the city.
When we return , will definitely stay again .
My wife and I stayed at Central for 5N during our recent visit to Kolkata. It is certainly one of the best B&Bs we have stayed in India. The place is well located, clean and comfortable. Owner, Jayant is a friendly and helpful person and went out of his way to make us feel at home. We stayed in Room # 2 which was large with an ensuite bath and a balcony. There are plenty of eating options nearby and Forum Mall (with a food court & movieplex) is within walking distance. Jayant, having grown up in Kolkata, knows the city well and was happy to recommend his favourite eating places. We even had a look at the Kolkata night sky through his powerful telescope.
All in all we had a great time and will certainly stay their again during our next visit to Kolkata.
Mar 5, 2017
The Central Bed and Breakfast is a home away from home, For us it was the starting point of our trip, and helped us to transition really well. The location is great for some gentle walks and is easy to get transport to and from.
This place is amazing! A beautiful apartment in a nice part of town, within a very manageable distance of everything you'd want to see. Lots of thoughtful extra details, like snacks in the room and the option to stargaze on the roof at night! Jayant is always immediately on hand via email to help with anything at all and the staff in the apartment are incredibly friendly and welcoming. Stay here if you possibly can, for as long as you can (book early to avoid disappointment!).