WORTH THE NAME
by drmanaspanda on
I had traveled to Kolkata for attending a friend's marriage and given the COVID times, they had taken excellent precautions of sanitation. Room, sheets an washroom was kept clean. The service was fast and attending staff was friendly and well mannered.
by Thomasdindigul on
It was nice stay, very clean and answerable.the dinning also neet and safety. Airport drop facility, if they arranged pickup also it will be a convenient for who are unfamiliar for the city.
Overall it is nice
Good place to live and peacefull environment
by cpparmar28 on
I stayed for 2 nights overall it was great experience very co operative staff. I would like to stay again if I come back. food quality was also good. Service was so amazing. Atlast overall experience was unexpected as it was amazing. Thank you
Worst ever Customer service experience
by SandeepNagarajan on
Stayed at Ethnotel for the first time for two nights starting 23.09.20 to 25.09.20. Picked up the place for the convenience of proximity to the airport. Not the best of rooms but value for money. Food was decent. It was during checkout that they gave me a piece of reality. Had a flight to catch and after checkout requested the gentleman at the reception to help find a cab. He said It will take time. When I asked him if he can Get his staff to flag a Taxi from the road or to call a cab company he just said you got to do that by yourself. A very short conversation started and ended without any result. I walked out annoyed by his rudeness and totally irresponsible behaviour. Requested the security posted outside the same hotel to flag a cab, which he promptly did and I carried on with my journey. A courteous I will see what I can do is what would have been appreciable as a response from a hotel staff.,its called hospitality industry for a reason. Im not sure if the management takes note and does what it is supposed to do, train their staff better.
Convenient Budget Friendly Hotel
by abaner on
1. Located very close to the Airport although much more than 200m as claimed by hotel. It took us about 5 min by car. Of course, if someone is able to find Gate 2.5 of the airport, maybe it is that close
2. On the Jessore Road which can be a bit noisy with the honking spree we engage in
3. 24 hours restaurant and room service - reasonably priced
4. Airport pickup and drop off arranged at a reasonable price.
5. Easy to communicate with the hotel
6. Smooth check-in and check-out process. I checked in around 1 am and did not have to face any delay whatsoever
7. Reservation can be done directly through hotel and thru several travel portals
8. Hotel may demand a proof of marriage for couples. This could be seen in both ways - family friendly or discriminatory. Anyway, the hotel can simply state "only married couples allowed" instead of writing about proof of marriage
9. Do not expect any views. This is strictly a budget friendly transit hotel
1. Reasonable sized rooms for 2 pax and at the most can squeeze in a small kid
2. Spacious bathroom with a shower area
4. Relatively lower price compared to similar hotels in the area
1. A bit tight on the toiletries and the towels. Only one pair of disposable slippers provided in the double room