I had been there with my family in December 18 for one day, even though the resort is good, but their management was poor. We had been there for one day and were told that there is an internal restaurant there, but when in night we asked for dinner, we had been told that due to lack of customers, their cook comes in morning only and we have to arrange by our own. I was completely new to Kovalam with family, so I asked if u can contact to manager, but thy said he left and cannot be approached. We asked them a nearby restaurant, but I was not able to find anything as per their description. I asked if thy could come with us or bring food for us from some nearby restaurant, even though thy had scooter, but thy refused.
Finally again I searched on roads with my wife and with help of some foreigners who were passing by, we were able to find a restaurant during dark.
In the morning when we reached within their internal restaurant,as breakfast was included in our package,we saw no cook again and waiters who we met last night were cooking. Thy served us half cooked dosa even without sambar, and when asked then only thy provided.
It was a worst experience for me, it may be a off season for them, but if they book the room for guests it's their responsibility to serve as well.
This is the worst hotel I've ever seen. Rooms were stinking, water leakage in a washroom, lift was super dirty and smelly, staff is ignorant, swimming pool-looks like it hasn't been cleaned for ages, no hot water, no towels, soap, water bottles etc in the room.
We reached for breakfast at 9.15am and staff said breakfast is finished and we won't refill it. When we complained the same to our travel agent(Kerala Expedition), he said 'be patient, they are filling the breakfast'. He was not ready to accept that breakfast was actually finished and the hotel staff denied to refill. Also, the hotel manager said you are wrong as our staff can't refuse to refill the food.
Don't ever book this hotel via any agent(especially Kerala Expeditions). They are the biggest liars and hotel staff is also very bad.
We came across fellow travellers booked via Makemytrip, Kerala Expedition and GoIbibo complaining and fighting with the staff about the similar issues mentioned below.
1. Dirty floors for the room, bathroom doors were so dirty
2. TV was not working
3. Batch tub were just there for show, there were no taps to fill the water
4. Hot water was not available through geysers. Hotel staff promised to deliver the water by buckets, never got us the hot water on time
5. Breakfast with very limited items, never had enough to server the guests. Kitchen opens 8:15am and staffs tells everything is finished even before 9am. Food arranged is never enough, on one occasion we found guests had entered kitchen and were helping themself with pickle and other stuff using their spoons. Totally unorganised and inexperienced staff. The manager Anil is always sitting at reception desk never bothered about any of these issues
6. Light in bathroom was hanging by wire. Bulb for bathroom mirror was not there, only wires hanging out.
7. Swimming pool water was so muddy, also hotel bedsheet/pillows were drying on the grills around the swimming pool
8. Owner Soman was so arrogant when we complained about these issues. He said you booked with and agent, we can't do anything.
9. There was no dustbin in the room, we kept on asking the manager Mr. Anil to provide dustbin for 2 days. We never got it.
I had booked 2 PALM VIEW DELUXE ROOM for 2 nights after reading the descriptions provided by Makemytrip on their website. I complained to Makemytrip, the moment we checked in and made them aware of the issues. We were not offered any alternate solution and were asked to continue our stay here. Later they offering some monetary compensation upto 50% of booking value, which is of no use for me after the experience my parents and my family had to suffer.
I'm surprised Makemytrip is working with this Hotel without verifying and showing them with 3 Star rating. Morover when we complained, somehow they appear to be trusting the Owner Mr. Soman more than their customers.
I also lost 3-4 hours following up with Makemytrip support staff and arguing with the owner Mr Soman
Worst service by this hotel. No hot water in the bathroom. Water leakage is everywhere in the bathroom. You will not find any person at reception to whom you can raise your issue. Rude manage. This 3 hotel actually deserves 1 . Requesting tripadvisor to block this hotel.
Nice resort with a good view of the beach . The rooms are clean and the staffs are friendly . The breakfast provided is good . Only walkable distance to the beach . The room services are excellent . Enjoyed the stay .