Didn't stay here long enough to find out if this was a good location but, If you prefer having stained sheets and insects crawling on your bedding you won't be dissappointed. If like bad service, like staff saying yes all the time but not actually doing anything without being asked repeatedly you won't be dissappointed.
if you like seeing men bathing and cleaning themselves in the Lagoon whilst eating your very limited choice breakfast then you won't be dissappointed. If you want to stay in a place where staff are not helpfull, the place is not clean and the views are not very appealing you won't be dissappointed. Would not even consider staying here again
The Lagoona 'Beach Resort' was a disappointment from beginning to end.
For a start, it's not on a beach....and if there is a 'resort' at all, it most probably is the last one.
It's pretty much miles from anywhere. Having travelled from Mumbai we just wanted to sit back and relax with a cold beer. Ha! Not a chance! The nearest restaurants and bars are 7 kilometres away by TukTuk....not the end of the world but tiresome, nonetheless. Trivandrum is considerably further and in my view not worth the effort.
We stayed for three nights... our room wasn't cleaned once during that time, nor was the meagre allowance of two towels between us replenished at any time.
Breakfast wasn't the worst we had in our three weeks travelling round India and one member of staff did his best to be helpful (Taschien I think he was called)
We had the pool pretty much to ourselves while we were there...which was nice. And it was very peaceful..... But the lagoon itself is filthy, edges strewn with litter - and across the way, all too visible, a large rubbish tip which was set fire to periodically resulting in clouds of acrid smoke drifting across the hotel grounds
Rabbits (no doubt kept for the benefit of tourists) are kept in very small cages without any sort of a run..... This isn't cute...it's cruel!
This 'hotel' (and I use the term loosely) is WAY more expensive than it ought to be....even at half the price it would be no bargain.
Their brochure blurb describes it as 'a little bit of paradise'......
Well...it could be..... with decent management, staff who gave a damn and some pretty drastic changes..... In the meantime it's totally lacking in anything resembling service and because of this it's verging on the unpleasant.
This was an unforgettable experience. Alas, for all the wrong reasons.
Stayed for 4 nights.
What I liked:
1. Vast open spaces with Rabbit and Parrot cages.
2. Ample space for parking
3. 24 hour gated security
4. Sea facing room had good view. Spaceous Room is about 18x12 ft plus large bathroom. Balcony 4x12 ft.
What I disliked:
1. Approaching the resort is a huge challenge. Road fits just enough for one 4 wheeler. At some points it is a tight squeeze. No roads in last 100 m. If you don't have your personal transport then you are dependant on resort to arrange auto (tuk tuk).
2. Swimming pool is very small.. probably the size of the room. You can get soaked but not really swim. No life guard hence be careful with kids.
3. Property overlooks an island which is an eyesore. Full of garbage and filth. Picture attached.
4. Muddy tap water, very dissatisfied. Pictures attached. In spite of continuous chase got very cold response. Final answer we cannot do anything for now.
5. Spider in the room, in spite of being supposed to be cleaned everyday.
6. Lousy restaurant. Breakfast just idly and bread. Tried lunch once, inflated bill with cold pre cooked foot which took 45 mins to be served.
7. At check-in the info provided was the restaurant open 8am till 10pm. When placed order at 8.45 pm, they refuse to take. Boys were drunk and wanted to close out kitchen early. Went out to have dinner. What a service!
8. Shameless at checkout asking for a tip for restuarent service.
9. Cashier leaving at 11 am hence was forced to pay bill by then while checkout at Noon. Never heard this kind of service before.
Overall very disappointed. Basics not met. Will never come back.
Kovalam was our last destination and we probably paid the highest tariff room in our entire journey. Having travelled a lot and having explored many hotels pan india, to my and my family dismay, this is the most unexpected stay. Following are the points -
1. Misleading name- the word beach is misleading as this so called resort is far form the beach. Instead of you have option, take hotels located on the beach.
2. Poor Service - try calling reception and may be after 3-4 times of trying someone might pick up. Even after putting up a request and their confirming, they forget to deliver. For example, I wanted to give clothes for laundry. After receptionist confirmed to pick my clothes, they forgot to send someone and then I had to go to reception after an hour to deliver the clothes. Also, the manager confirmed to provide extra bedding for child which he again forgot and went home without instructing any staff .
3. Food - very limited options for vegetarians.
4. Facilities / toiletries- no bucket, mug , shampoo , toothpaste etc . Just only two medimix soap. This is it.
Keeping in view The facilities and room , tariff should not have been more than2.5k. We feel cheated as we have paid approx 4.5k for Pd.
Ppl thinking to visit kovalam , please dont book this resort at any cost seriously.
We stayed in a big beautiful and very clean room.
The risort is so beautiful placed on the beautifull lagoon.
All the staff is amazing and just want to help alwayes with a smile.
The food was good.
Anand the maneger ,is a spacial kind man..
Thanx for a wonderful staying