Stayed in "Ocean view deluxe room" room for a night in Oct'19 with family (wife and 4 yr. kid), but the room was no were closed to deluxe. Everything in a horrible stage, be it the TV, AC and room condition. I had to give one star for only one reason - "Bang on the beach and awesome view from the balcony". However, there are many drawbacks, which are as follows,
1. No parking spacing, have to park the car almost 300 meters from the hotel and especially in my case, I was caring a lot of luggage and had to wait for almost 30 mins, till someone from the hotel came to help me. Meanwhile, I made 3-4 calls to the hotel
2. Oceanview rooms are far away from the main hotel (approx. 200 meters), hence no service available there. Even no phone available in the room, you have to call the service desk from your mobile, which half of the time remains unavailable.
3. Though the room is spacious, but in pathetic condition. Not been cleaned properly, dirty water glasses, bedsheets, towels, and floor. We had to buy a few plastic glasses and used our own towels
4. Unfortunately that day, it was raining, as a result, no access to TV, AC, fridge, and Wifi. Even plug points were also not working to charge mobiles. This eventually got restored at round 7:30 in the evening
5. Breakfast was also below par. Not sure, because of the hotel food or some other place, all three of us got stomach trouble by next day evening
Overall I would not recommend travelers to stay in this hotel, considering there are multiple good options available in Kovalam and not get carried away with the good ratings received so far.
If one is traveling with family then this is not the ideal place for stay.Cleanliness level is so poor.No Car parking facility.The photos which are shown in the website especially bathroom has no relation with the actual room.Too much noise and disturbances.Room furnitures are too local.No provision for Tea/ Coffee making.
Very Nice place and staff. Excellent place to hang out. very nice place and very near to the beach with a beach view. Welcome drink and friendly staff and awesome
sea food. Complementary breakfast was awesome.neat and clean room.
I highly recommend Unwind Resort for both their excellent accommodations and high quality Ayurvedic treatments. I recently visited from the US and am rejuvenated from my wellness holiday in Kovalam. My room with a balcony overlooking the beach was private, magical and well appointed. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The manager Manju and her team were so kind and took care of every need I had during my visit. Even bringing tea to my room when I was feeling ill. Dr. Ramesh and the Ayruvedic therapist are simply amazing. I had long conversations with the Doctor and he took the time to really get to know me (an experience so different than any I have had with Western doctors). We decided to focus on stress management and weight loss during my treatments. I lost 15 pounds and lowered my blood pressure significantly during two weeks of visiting Dr. Ramesh. The treatments themselves were relaxing and nourishing and all customized for my specific needs. One day I had mosquito bites and the Dr. had a special medicine made from Neem growing in the garden and it was massaged on my itchy bumps! I also had major dental work while I was there and the Doctor worked around my dental treatments and also made sure I had time to visit the Sivananda ashram to deepen my yoga practice. I developed a meaningful relationship with Dr. Ramesh and plan to return next year for more treatments. I honestly had no idea how powerful Ayurveda is or how highly trained Ayruvedic doctors are. I am so impressed with the results and the quality of care I received. If you are looking to take a holiday consider a wellness holiday at Unwind. Kerala is truly Gods Own Country (even during the monsoon) and Unwind is a very special and healing place.
I selected this hotel based on the reviews. I honestly do not regret my choice and would not consider going anywhere else!
The hotel is well located, with large clean rooms.
What pleased me most was the kindness and service I received from all the staff. From recommending places to visit, to booking massages and taxis or having simple discussions, the service was outstanding!!!
So stop searching and book this hotel for your stay!!