Hotel Cho Palace is a decent property with clean rooms, courteous staff and good hospitality. Food was great and preparation was good. Rooms are clean and neat.Hotel crews are great and polite. It is located near to the Airport,might be a 10 minute drive.The travel options they have provided us is great too.They offer affordable and best packages.I will suggest this place for solo,couples and families
I stayed at Cho Palace for 6 nights through a Yatra holiday package.
The hotel is located about 15mins (by car) from Airport & 10mins (by car) from Leh market. It is in a quite neighborhood of Leh and good for morning/evening strolls with almost no traffic on the road. Walking to Leh market will take about 40-45mins because it seems like a long & tiring uphill journey. Taxi to Leh market can be booked for around Rs200 one way.
Hotel staff is amazingly warm & accommodating. They really take personal effort to cater to the needs of each & every guest. Specially the restaurant staff is very caring. Their restaurant serves good home-style meals - they even packed breakfast (sandwiches, apple & juice) for us when we had to leave early for a trip.
Rooms are spacious and warm, thanks to glass windows which let in sunlight almost the entire day. Cleanliness is also good and you can request for daily cleaning of the room. Hot water is provided in bathrooms for 2 hours daily in the morning and evening.
I also want to highlight that I had a horrible experience with Yatra while booking. Yatra guys called multiple times before payment, but they just started ignoring my calls after I made full payment for holiday. Yatra holiday advisor Ms Pushpinder Chauhan offered me a discounted rate for holiday, but later she denied making any such promise to me. Thankfully our conversation was recorded otherwise I would have to pay 5K extra!! Also I received the driver details from Yatra only after calling them 10 times - just one day before arriving in Leh. Yatra customer service is disgusting to say the least.
My advice - please go ahead and book Cho Palace for your Leh trip - but NEVER through Yatra !!
Hotel Cho Palace was a great experience. Food was very tasty, ambiance and service was good. The view from the room is beautiful. We had a very good time. We stayed there for 4 days. All were more than happy with the Hotel Cho Palace.
We had been planning our trip to Ladakh for almost a year and contacted and received quotes from quite a few hotels about stay and sightseeing packages. Unfortunately, all of them seemed to make their own recommendations about what's best with near disregard for what we wanted as tourists.
We are so thankful to Cho Palace for responding when they did!
Mr. Singay Wangchuk, the owner, incorporated all our sightseeing plans into a wonderfully neat and organized schedule, exactly as we wanted....making the best of time and budget. I think Mr. Singay understands very well that holidaymakers must be left to have their own experiences, good or bad, and that meddling with plans otherwise is unkind and frustrating. So yes, a BIG thank you for that very professional attitude!! :)
Now for the hotel itself...what an absolute delight!
1. Situated in Skara which seems like a village but is really just a quiet part of Leh situated not more than 5-10 minutes from the airport. The main market areas are a tad too far making it impossible to walk to and back. You'll need a car which takes about 10-15 minutes. Expect to hear aircraft landing and taking off during the morning from your room.
2. Stayed in room 124 on the 3rd floor. Wonderful views of the mountains. Our room also received a lot of warmth throughout the day, until sundown. Wood panelling meant our room was comfortably warm during the night.
3. Excellent bathroom facilities. We were told hot water would be available from 6 to 8 in the morning only. However, we always found the taps running hot even during late evenings and this was such a relief. After a day out midst dusty, barren mountains, we could help ourselves to a nice hot bath. Bliss!
4. Hotel staff are sweet, friendly, chatty and very accommodating, starting from the managers to restaurant staff :-) Our driver too was an excellent companion throughout our trip.
5. Food was great on 99% occasions. A decent, varying menu was served every time. The quality and taste were like home-cooked food. No complaints.
6. Wi-Fi was a disappointment; didn't work most of the time :-(
Overall, I highly recommend Cho Palace for anyone visiting Leh. You won't get a more friendly, organized, peaceful and sunny hotel than this! :-D
Very nicely maintained place, food is good, but the best part is the service! The staff really makes you feel at home, and the service is very fast, room service as well as service in the restaurant.
View from the rooms is beautiful, and the terrace is a really nice place to sit and chat/relax/read a book/gaze around...