i visited tall tree resort in the month of may and i got the super deluxe room with breakfast and dinner. there was no one there, we were the only guest there (strange), although the property and infra. is gold the utilization was very poor, there was no buffet no credit, they just give a page(literally a page from a rough copy) with 4 different option (food) from which you have to choose, which i have never seen before, for our stay of 3 days we were not once offered naan or any other bread from tandoor they just make roti and parathan. the service is so poor that i cannot even rate it one star, the service boy when we checked in he took our luggage put outside our room and came inside and stood there blank looking at our face for tip, he did not even brought our luggage inside the room (wtf). Since we were the only guest there they did not want to make food, provide good service,no toiletries (just soap and shampoo),no refills for coffee.(i dont know what obsession they have over coffee creamer), no gym-games-activity(they have bon fire which they dont even care about).
i booked the top end plan for the view,food etc and i thought that the stay would be nice, big mistake! for that money i could have booked a 5 star and be much more happy. finally to every one who wants to stay here pls dont, you will feel lonely and the staff will make you feel every bit of it and in addition stupid for booking this resort.
We wanted a unique holiday in the laps of nature and Luxury at the same time and we stayed 2 nights in the Tent which is a 1 km walk in the forest and it had its unique charm which had a river flowing near our tent, and the sound was very divine. Kids too enjoyed their time and the whole setting was very much up to the mark, from the staff were very helpful and always willing to do their best from food arrangements and other arrangements which we requested.
Our 3 nights were in the cottage, which had its own charm and was very cosy and spacious. I personally loved the small details which have been taken care of from decor to the nice arrangements of wind bells and other artifacts, also you have a feeling that you are somehwere in Europe.
We Thank you for a lovely Holiday!!
- Amazing place
- Amazing Food (Chef Lalit and Yash were kind enough to take custom orders as well and each of their dishes was Yum)
- The Stewards (Ashok, Mahesh, Varsha) were very helpful and accomodating. The above 5 really made our comfortable and happy
- We ordered for a Bornfire, but the place lacks some lighting so we shifted our next day's bonfire near the cottage itself
- Do try their Mutton Roghan Josh. They do have a tandoor but you will have to give them some time in order for them to make it ready
- The place has two restaurants, one near the cottages and one near the tents. We had food at both the locations.
- The walk towards the tent is very pretty and right through the jungle
- Will suggest the management to have some more board games
- The restaurant near the cottage is very cosy and one can also choose places outside the restaurant to enjoy their meal. In our case they were very accomodating in putting up our meals outdoors
- We did not find WiFi here
- If you request the stewards to fetch some stuff from the local market, the delivery charges are 150/- But this made life very convenient for us
- The place has two approaches, one from the small bridge connecting from the main Manali Highway and the other via Naggar. One via the bridge is shorter. We had a Fortuner with us and I am kind of an experienced driver, so we were able to clear the bridge, though the width of the bridge was just slightly longer than my car. I will not recommend crossing this bridge in the night via a Car
Overall we all had an amazing time. Everything was just perfect :)
The resort is located far away from the chaotic Manali town yet it's super accessible if you decide to take the bridge. The cottages are right in front of a flowing river and surrounded by beautiful pine forest. Perfect for people who are looking to relax and take it easy. We stayed here for 3 days with our dogs who had lots of open space to run. The staff is really sweet and helpful. Highly recommend taking a stroll in the nearby forest for birdwatching.
I had a pleasant stay, the ambiance and surrounding was beautiful. Service was good. Food was tasty. I would recommend this over the Mall road properties to stay.
However i am reducing one star for following:
On the last day we asked for morning tea only, did not have the included breakfast,. And it was not provided till we left. As we were time bound I did not ask again.
You should have bigger heater as the rooms are big, it was freezing in the bathroom.
Please try to make the signboards bigger on the way as drivers tend to miss them at night.
Note: this is an off road property so you should be ready for bumpy and narrow roads