1. Excellent staff (friendly, helpful, efficient)
2. Close to the Wankhede Stadium, which was the main reason we chose this hotel
3. Lovely rooftop bar, for cocktails and snacks, with views over Marine Drive and the Arabian Sea, brilliant for watching the sun go down
4. Nice clean swimmimg pool on roof, although not much shade
5. Good-sized rooms with comfortable beds, three armchairs and a desk
6. Well equipped bathroom with bath and separate walk-in shower
7. Two other restaurants, one partly overlooking the noisy Marine Drive, the other inside serving good quality Indian food
8. Good security
The not so good points:
1. On arrival we were shown to our room on the 3rd floor, which smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. The room had not been cleaned since the previous occupant left (we arrived about 6pm). It took some time to find us an alternative room, but we were then allocated an excellent corner room on the 7th floor with views to the south down Marine Drive and also out to sea. Tip: make sure you aren't given a room on a smoking floor, unless you smoke.
2. The plug in the washbasin didn't fit properly. We reported it and it was quickly fixed
3. There were no instructions on how to use the TV. Tip: switch on with black remote and select HDMI1, then use white remote for volume and changing channel (making sure set-top box, in cupboard under TV, is switched on). It would have saved us calling an engineer if these simple instructions had been provided in the room.
4. Occasional shortages of towels and coffee in room
5. The trendy light switches didn't work very well. Twice the bathroom light needed fixing, meaning that we had to wash/shave with no light in the bathroom
6. Whilst we were there (7 nights) the rooftop bar and pool were closed three times in the evening and once in the afternoon, for private parties and a photoshoot (well it is a spectacular location!)
However, these negative points were only minor. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed staying at this hotel and would use it again, especially if coming to watch cricket.
It's right on the Marine drive and within a walking distance to Nariman Point business area.
Being a Platinum and Ambassador member , was upgraded to a junior suite without even requesting. Late check out of 4 pm was also provided. Some excellent service from all the staff.
Junior suite was decent size and very comfortable.
Food quality I ordered from Room service was average
Overall , worth the money spent stay and surely stay again in my future trips.
We stayed here for one night before a flight back to the UK. The hotel is in a good situation, has comfortable rooms and a decent buffet breakfast. The management and reception staff were very good but some of the Dome staff needed some extra training as they were not as efficient as we'd come to expect. Great views though from the rooftop.
I can't say enough good things about this hotel but let me start with 3 people who made our stay memorable: Narendra, who welcomed us personally and checked to see if there was anything we needed. Avadhut in the dining area was friendly, and seeing his smile every morning was wonderful! And the chef Yogesh who would make us fresh juices and anything else we desired. This hotel is spotlessly clean, very safe (bags are xrayed on the way in) the staff were always available to help in anyway. There is a small gym which i used and a lovely rooftop restaurant but we didn't have clothes appropriate as it was fancy. Rooms are quiet despite being on Marine Drive, close to railway station and bus stops. The only bad thing was having to leave!
I spent five nights at the Intercontinental and the experience was even better than I expected (I came with high expectations). It started with the hotel staff being very responsive to my emails about having a driver pick me up at the airport (the driver was there when I arrived). The front desk staff was also willing to help me place local calls when I had trouble sorting out particular numbers, and talking to locals, on my U.S.-issued phone. Each morning's breakfast buffet, overlooking Marine Drive, was also lovely, and my room was first-rate. Having stayed at the Taj a year earlier, I would probably choose the Intercontinental again -- primarily for the location (a morning walk on Marine Drive is tough to beat) and the smaller size. Hope to be back soon!