We booked the resort as a packed deal from makemytrip in March 2017. Let me highlight the good, the bad and the ugly:
- Amazing view of the waterfall, you can spend hours in the infrequently visited waterfall which makes it kindof your personal nature spot for the duration. You can sit by the side with feet dipped in the nice flowing water and read a book for hours if needed.
- The property itself isn't bad either, mango and jackfruit trees right outside your room and plenty of area to stroll around. They have a sperate parking space for private vehicles.
- Food is amazing, we tried almost everything in the menu and everything came out great
- The place is about 45 minutes from Munnar along winding roads which go up and down, even the best will feel the twisting turns a bit daunting at times.
- The place is in desperate need of some serious maintenance, the rooms are old, swimming pool and artificial water bodies were stinking and brown with stale water which probably wasnt cleaned from a year or more.
- The staff is limited and is not very responsive to your request. We had to repeat everything 3-4 times before the correct items were serviced.
- Damp rooms start to smell by the evening on the first day itself. We were there for 2 days and even after keeping all the doors open the dampness did not go away.
- Being in nature no matter how hard you try mosquitoes and small insects find the way to your bed.
- The washrooms ceiling was full of spider webs.
- The geyser is probably 10 years old and takes its own sweet time to heat up the water.
Overall you dont feel like you got value for your money
Room provided was Good, This resort is near to Munnar Town Market,Waterfalls is near to Resort,Full of Greenary Awesome climate
Room Service was Good :)
I can say Overall U can Enjoy Nature,Waterfalls,friendly atmosphere ,Food etc
I wanted to have the best of my birthdays as had planned the holiday accordingly, but unfortunately could had a decent birthday.
Resort is too too far from the main Munnar city & hence by the time you come from a different city during your tour you have only 2 option either to do sight seeing on the way coming from other place to the resort or forget about the sight seen once you reach the resort.
One more important drawback is there is nothing(nothing at all) that you can find near to this resort. So once it is dark, you compulsarily have to eat dinner from the resturant where the services & the food i did not find that good. Although the manager Jobin & other 2-3 guys try to provide good services but in vain. There is no intercom facility so you have to either call the manager on his cell phone or go to the office yourself if you need any thing...
Trust me the location is kind of a good one for those who are going on the honeymoon but people travelling with family can avoid. There are good resort which one can get at Munnar city itself in the same price.
I went on a office trip with about 30 people, I would admit to the fact that we had a tough time finding the location, (despite being tagged in Google Maps, may be the management can make some arrangements to get this fixed), but kept that aside the place is serene and magnanimous. Some here I'm jotting the Pros and Cons (views are completely based on personal experience)
1) The place can boast of a beautiful waterfall which is adjacent to the resort, you can go in, play, swim but make sure not to make a lot of noise as it disturbs the quite surrounding.
2) Food was adequately supplied and was pleasing, service was fast and prompt.
3) Rooms were clean and spacious, most of them having laudable waterfall view from the balcony.
4) Definitely appreciate the complementary bonfire and breakfast.
1) As mentioned before the location is a big headache.
2) Price on meals could be slightly compromised.
In short I would recommend this place. We had fun filled 2 days in Aruvi. :)
The reason I gave 3 star is because of different factors. 5 star for the beautiful river and falls in front of the resort. But 1 star for the room.
First let me tell good things about the resort which made me give 3 star instead of 1 star.
1. The place. Wonderful river and waterfalls flowing along the side of resort. Whenever I want, I just walk to the river and enjoy the sound and nice view. Night time you will hear the water flow sound and water falls sound. It was so pleasant. From eating area of the hotel also you can have full view of the river.
2. The staff behavior. Only 3 staff I have seen in that resort when I stayed there. Including manager totally 4 persons. They were very much helpful and friendly. For any help like bringing coffee to room, taking luggage,.. these three ppl only has to do. And they did their level best with friendly manner.
Now the negative part, which made me give 3 star instead of 5 star
1. First of all this is not 3 star resort. Its just a resort with rooms. The room was dirty, no one came to clean the room when I stayed there. The dust bin had the dirty things thrown by previous guests. Towels were not replaced next day, like that so many expectations are there in a 3 star resort which were not met. They just gave room key with a bottle of water and a towel and thats it.
2. Management They have only 4 staff including manager for whole resort. So definitely they cant server everyone. I dont blame the staff but the management. If I order coffee, it will come after 45 minutes with no heat. I will order dinner and I have to wait for an hour and remind them again. Then it will come after another 30 minutes.
3. Distance from Munnar Its located 22km away from Munnar. Also it goes down 2 dangerous hairpin bends from main road so my driver is scared to go anywhere out after 6pm.
NOTE about room types: They say garden view and river view. Both seems awesome when you say. But actually garden view means ground floor without balcony. River view means first and second floor with balcony. That's it. Now you can decide what type of room you want.