I along with my wife and son (4yrs old) travelled to Munnar on 11-Nov-16. We reached Coachin airport from New Delhi and then reached to Munnar (4hrs journey) by taxi.
We have booked this Resort for 2 days from D'Paul Travel agency and they have given us this as 4-5 Star property but the amenities available inside the room or inside the resort are simply 2-3 star.
But i think it is better than hotels in munnar since it has more greenery/open space as it is a resort where one can see trees of all sorts...pineapple, pappya, lemon etc etc..
Please note that the I have given 1 more star just becuase Rivulet is having excellent food!! It is just so delicious and staff is very courteous.This is the only thing which we have really enjoyed in the resort. And the best part is that they took very good care of the child, his milk needs and food without spices..etc
There is a small garden with well maintained rides for kids which is also fun.
Apart from food, the location of the resort is simply fine- just in the middle of the mountains, not too hight, not too low!! The river side cottages which we can see in the pictures is not true anymore!! The river has dried-up and if it can be a view then it can be only for few suites, not for delux rooms!!
There is nothing present inside the room, not even the information about the resort. You can not find even a single piece of information present inside the room. We have to ask calling to the reception about what do we have in the resort or what are the local attractions etc etc... Here we expect atleast rooms have some brochure having full information about the resort & nearby places to visit.
I have to ask from the reception and they simply provided me print-out of the places we can visit in Munnar.
Our experience with housekeeping was also not good. After cleaning, the housekeeping has left the window door open to let insects, reptiles enter to our room. We are living in a natural environment which is home to many reptiles,insects & animals and so i expect hosekeeping to atleast keep doors/window closed when there is nobody present inside the room.
One minor issue but should be highlighted in the review where after cleaning, some food items are missing from the room. It is not a big deal but not the expected one!!
Overall the resort is good with lot of greenery, their own spice plant and trekking activity at 0800 hrs. It would be good if they can have some indoor games for all age groups like carrom, table-tennis, fuse-ball etc...
Its very fantastic place to stay... Really very good property... Superb atmosphere surrounding resort.. Food is excellent n hygienic... One of the best resort... Hotel staff very supportive... Rooms are very big n clean..can see river from every room balcony... Its very cool n silent.. Worth to stay at rivulet resort
I drove till there with my wife and stayed for 3 days. Here is the review:
The location only is very beautiful, even though its quite far away from city.
Food, even though its costlier than most of the star hotels in Chennai and Blore, tastes good.
A decent Food for 2 would be about 1200inr or more per time.
Security around the resort was quite good
Mainly couples or family.
I have a list of Dislikes and they are as follows:
1. With close to 6K per night, the room didnt have basic things till the time you call and ask for it. eg: bathroom accessories, menu card etc.
2. The ambience of the room that we got had a strange sadness in it even though it was lighted properly. There were 2 Sardarji family next door and the next. they too felt the same
3. If you dont book a cottage, you are a P2 customer.
4. NOT A SINGLE staff visits your building till the time you call them. I got food delivered to my room(20% extra on the MRP) and kept the plate once in room and once outside the room and both time it was not removed for over 24 hours.
5. Location is quite far from city. I know management cant help that, but specially when I am driving and use a google map, google says 17 km from city and you say 13km. Thats really causes confusion as google doesnt take the shortcut which is less of a road and more of a broad walk path with very tall grasses all around. Unless you have used the path a couple of times, you dont even know that a road exists there. So please dont give false info.
6. While roaming in the park, we were speaking with a honeymoon couple who also felt a glitch in the service. I guess the targeted audience is mainly the Dubai sheikhs.
7. There is a huge insect problem that the guy who took us initially to our room told us about. But its so bad that insects in LAKHs come near your room door and a few hundred manage to crawl from under the door inside your room. Cant even think about opening the door then. Got up in the middle of the night as the insects were even in bed and covered the under of door with a towel before removing all the insects from bed. Reason for the insect coming is, the balcony light was ON.
8. Oh I was about to miss this point. No one, I mean No One, came to put On the balcony lights during our 3 days stay. Do it your own.
9. I was under the impression that there is a bar inside. when I asked on the 2nd day, I saw the surprise in the face. I mean, a good resort can have a bar right.
10. I read here and there about the reception being nice and they taking you around to see places, again, I was a P2 customer or may be P3. Non happened. Even though I was stuck in the resort for one day due to strike.
Over all my feeling was: Good location Dharamshala
For location of the resort we were very happy. We got villas opposite to river. Villas r very spacious. There were all amenities in the villas. Only disadvantage of resort is that if you are looking for undisturbed sleep in morning it won't be possible as resort is very near to mosque and at least 5 times a day you can hear namaz being offered right from early morning around 5:30. If you are early risers then this resort is definitely for you.
Again food is average and it has limited options for breakfast which is buffet and also lunch and dinner is also buffet. Also if you are lucky enough to order la crate menu then also it is very pricy.
Overall if you are looking for location then definitely this resort is for you.
I really had an incredible stay at the Rivulet. I stayed in the Rivulet for 2 nights. The mistake it did was planning a tight schedule - which meant
a. Reaching to Rivulet late on the check in date
b. Hectic Schedule in visiting Munnar places
What should have been done
a. Reach early to the hotel
b. Enjoy the nature in and around the hotel
Date of Journey - 27-29 Oct 2016
The most outstanding feature of the resort is
a. Next to a river - thats how the name Rivulet must have been decided - Good Aft time post lunch could be spent - dipping your feet and sitting on the shore
b. beautiful scenery of the surrounding
c. Amazing Sunset - which i know i missed
d. Amazing Chirping of the whistling birds.. Nowhere else to be found
e. Amazing Hospitality of the staff of the hotel
f. Nice kids play area
g. Nice place to walk / stroll around the place - with security around you done have to worry about the clock
h. Food was good - but variety offered was limited
While the location of the Resort if significantly below the mean height of Munnar - We literally had to drive 'down' the hilly roads to reach there.. we could make out a difference in the temperature between Munnar and this place.. But this worked out just fine and that higher temperature meant better adjust-ability for someone from Mumbai..
I also happened to strike a conversation with the Chairman of the Group Mr Shukoor.. and realised that such a wonderful resort can only be built with the simplicity and Vision of the owners.. The overall class of stay offered was excellent. He also has given away a lot of land to poor and the needy
Its worth noting that this resort is only 4 year old and there are almost 37 more resorts being developed in the close vicinity of this place (8 km away from Munnar) - as no new construction is permitted in Munnar.. I would rate the stay at this place as 5 star - only due to
a. Quality of stay
b. Beautiful view just outside the room ( applies to all rooms)
c. Amazing chirping of the birds
Please note that there is a hydro station whose alarm is off every four hours (i guess) but it gave a feeling of tranquility otherwise.