This is a bunglow converted to a beachside homestay with 4 rooms. One gets to live with the owner's family in a complete homely manner. Rooms are spacious, well furnished, clean and have well equipped attached bathrooms. There is a small lawn outside, possibly enough for parking four cars.
1. It is right next to the beach.
2. The three beds sea view room has a spacious sit out overlooking the sea.
3. Food was decent- some items were great while some were average to tasteless. We should not have opted for the coconut based chicken dishes. They would make separate food for each of the rooms, and give fair amount of choices. But one needs to order early, which seems acceptable.
4. The place is well maintained, neat and enjoyable. The owners are pleasant and approachable.
5. Place is well staffed. At least, we were helped with our luggage.
1. The approach road is horrible. Especially if it rains, it becomes very difficult to navigate.
2. Food was quite costly - at per with fine dine restaurant - almost Rs.500-600 per person for rice, dal, veg curry, fish and chicken.
3. The lawn is very small and nowhere kids can play around, if the cars a re parked.
4. Bathroom latches did not work and the owner was like - whats the big deal! You are family, right!
Some of the points which are not related to the homsestay but important to consider:
1. The adjoining beach is dirty. It is littered with garbage, human and animal poops. It stinks terribly. Also, the beach is motorble, and crazy maniacs run their SUVs on the beach like there is no tomorrow. Overall not a very pristine beach experience.
2. Murudeshwar as a destination has nothing else to offer other than the temple complex and beach. It is a quite mediocre place to visit.
So, it might not make much sense to spend a pretty high room rent (~5k per night) and high food cost to stay at this place.
One the contrary, if you just want to relax and be comfortable without much to do, this would be a good place.
Pros: clean rooms, food is ok.
Cons: Though it is only 1.5 kms from the temple, there is no proper road to reach this place. u will not get any vehicle from this place, so u have to walk atleast 1.5 kms everytime u go out, not something I enjoyed in such hot-humid weather.
Felt sort of unwelcomed even after paying 4000+/- , I would rather go for a hotel than homestay next time.
First of all this is not a Hotel. it is a Home stay run by a family. We found the location to be a bit far and even the auto rickshaw guys did not know this place. Rooms were clean and well maintained and the food provided was home food. Though it is close to the beach, I found the beach (Murudeshwar beach in general) not to be very clean.
The amount charged for the room was very high compared to the services provided. overall I would rate this place average compared to the price and recommend it for families who prefer some decent food as it is very difficult to get good food in Murudeshwar
First the pros...The place is well maintained. Rooms are clean...That's all
Now con. ..First of all they are behaving as if they are providing a privilege.. Even after givin full 8000/- rs in adwance..they behave like we are some nonpaying gusts....when we were called for dinner...We went down to eat and while we were searching for food..That aunyt show the direction with her head...just like showing to a slave...hospitality is sooo poor ...and itz very expensive comparing to the hospitality they provide...And when the morning ,when we were leaving...that aunty and uncle were leaving the place....from the auto she told me to write good review on trip advisor....So dear Uncle and Aunty...This is not the way to maintain a homestay...I will not prefer this homestay to anyone...Ur mood will be spoiled as u spent this much money for a terrible experience..
It's really very excellent place to stay at . Warm welcome, warm hospitality, excellent food, nit and clean property, rooms. Overall excellent service by the couple Mr. And Mrs. Paikilli and manager Mr. Costa.