It's a good place to stay away from the city and you will definitely need your own vehicle to go for sight seeing. It's very very near to Krishnasagar dam and a beautiful river nearby otherwise it's very far from actual Mysore and other sight seeing places....must visit only if u need a secluded place....Good food and other basic amenities with a well maintained pool....
One of the best place to stay near by Brindavan Garden. We tried here to get the booking but were not lucky due to pick season rush. However, we have visited the property and it is really very good property.
Hotel Stay Simple Brindavan in Mysore is at a lovely location, but being remote from the city means that it does not receive many bookings and is managed only during working hours. Rest of the time, it is run by very basic staff who I am sure won't be able to cope if the number of guests goes up. Just to illustrate, wifi was switched off in the evening,and no one else was empowered to turn it on. The complimentary breakfast, for this very reason has a limited menu. Pest control is the need of the hour, as stagnant water around the place leads to increased density of insect breeding sites.
I wish there was an option of negative ratings, but there clearly isn't. So I'm forced to give this place 1 star. While the property's location is 500 mts from brindaban gardens, the place is huge n green the goodies end right there. When I booked the place I knew the place would simple and low on services and we were prepared as only one night had to spent here.
Mom and me arrived around 8pm and headed straight to the reception to check in and the downward spiral triggered from there, read on -
1. They gave me an elaborate form to fill out, as if my family history was being drawn out. I told them I've had a very long day and as they knew the details (I booked through agoda, and the confirmation receipt was with them) if they could do the needful and I would just sign. They did not budge, and I did the needful.
2. I requested for wifi password, the manager did not have it and said will call n let me know 15-20 mins later!
3. So one thing you should know if you are going in for a standard-fan room is there is no source of ventilation apart from 'non grilled' Windows. As the hotel is situated next to water bodies, I was sure that mosquitoes would happily come in once the Windows are opened up. The helper assured me "no mosquitoes", inspite of asking him to be honest. For extra measure we put mosquito liquid repellent (provided in the room) and slept off. Sure enough in the morning room was swarmed with mosquitos, sitting close to the repellent. We were saved because of being tucked under the blankets. So I strongly advise to carry repellent creams/whatever works for you Incase of opting for a non Ac room.
4. So mom n I are Aquaholics of sorts and guzzle loads of water. So one mineral water bottle wouldn't have been enough, and we knew that. We requested the helper boy to get us jugs of filtered water. He requested us to call spoonbill Restraunt and order. Guess what? The phone line did not work, neither could they resolve the problem so we had to go n get the boy on his own. I requested him to get 2 lts of filtered water, he came back with one! Said "we don't have spare bottles", I immediately handed him an empty bottle and requested him to fill that up. By that time he had insisted enough that I should purchase water from them, but I had refused many times. He got pissed off and said "it will take half n hour to get u water". !!! Sick!
5. So the resort promises free wifi n the room. Reality check - wifi works in common areas and close to reception. The manager will not be obligated to inform you of this. So in the room with poor service and no wifi you might as well watch movies or play games (pre loaded on your phones)
6. My system cannot handle spicy food and I requested for tomato-pudina soup. Mentioning (in person) the following - no spice, no oil , no cream. Only salt in the soup and lemons on the side. The Restraunt guy agreed. Sure enough he came back with a spicy oily soup with no lemons on the side! Just what I ordered for, right.
7. All the above happened in within a span of 1.6 hrs of me arriving at the resort. Upon complaining to the manager (in person, as the phone wasn't working) he said sorry, gave me a free water bottle and said "too many people, that's why service is bad". By that time I had given up and ready for some sleep, so I crashed hoping the troubled times had passed.
8. So you thought it was over? No. Around 11pm God knows who came knocking on our door, we let it be and continued sleeping.
9. Woke up to cold bath water, no one manning the reception and no one to be found anywhere. Mom woke up before me had already filled two buckets of cold water coming out from the labelled "hot" water tap. The helper guy came in and insisted that water has to be left running for 10 mins before we can enjoy the pleasures of hot water, we did that and still no results. But we ended up wasting a lot of water! We went running to call him again. This time he asked us "no hot water"? I totally lost it by then. I screamed saying we are idiots and having fun at your expense. We just feel like running around the property our night clothes! I told him to stop this nonsense and just get me 2 buckets of hot water! He did after 20 mins.
10. Breakfast was just about ok, since there was a large group seated before us, everything was super delayed. The staff doesn't even greet, they don't ask, the breakfast menu isn't displayed anywhere. I had to just get up and run after them and request for things.
They refused me boiled eggs, but all other egg variations were available (how?)
Why could they not just lay out a buffet?
Scooted out of this place at the earliest possible.
Few suggestions to this place -
Don't try n commit to service, DIY and self help will work better. Eg water station in a common space, buffet breakfast, mosquito net on demand etc.
We all understand that maintaining staff is not easy. But don't make it the customers problem.
I wouldn't mind coming back to this place with 100% preparation and 0 expectation.
Hope you find this review helpful!
The hotel is located right in the lap of Brindavan Gardens, very well designed resort with spacious and neatly maintained rooms. The staff and management is very courteous. The amenities were sufficient for a forgetful traveler.The food is tasty, a complete value for every penny. We even got a free upgrade for our room category, it was an awesome stay.
~ Dr Vishal & Sapana Gosavi