I was here for a weekend stay with my family.
Beautiful view as located up in the hill
Road to the stay is very steep high and completely bad and broken
They dont have kitchen so for food one need to again walk all the way down to another hotel
Staff also doesnt help in getting food
I was here with my family which includes an elderly person and an infant. We had booked 2 suites but Food was a biggest problem and not ro mention the steep climbing.
Since i was travelling with family, I had booked the place via MMT assuming that the rooms were spacious and it had parking space available. However, on arrival I learnt that the room size was very small and did not have much space to move around. Hence, checked with the staff i.e. Mr.Pinto if there was any other room available. He, suggested a Family room at an extra cost which was available. The family room was bigger and better. Therefore, agreed to pay the differential amount and shifted.
The place does not cater food at all time, we need to inform them beforehand. We had reached the place in the afternoon and wanted to have lunch. Since, it was not available the staff helped us to order from Hyderabad Biryani House.
The road leading to the place is broken and very narrow. Maneuvering a bigger car through the narrow lane could be an issue\challenge.
Had i known these beforehand, probably would have looked for other alternatives.
We had done the booking from Booking.com but we couldn't find the property. Our driver had asked for directions but the property didn't have the courtesy of sending to the main road and guide us with the location.
We had to shift to another property.
After having a word with Booking.com who spoke to Mr. Arun, I was assured that the advance payment done will be refunded within 3 working days but It's been 11 days and now they say the refund cannot be done.
Warning!:: please book this at your own risk.
I traveled to Ooty last month and stayed at this guesthouse for 2 nights. I lived in a family room that can accommodate up to 4 people. I was travelling with my family of three.
Our stay here on the first day was pretty quiet as most of the rooms were empty and travelers were yet to arrive. However, by the second day, the guesthouse had gotten lively with the arrival of more guests. Overall, the stay was pretty pleasant. I have listed the pros and cons of this place as per my observation.
1. The family rooms were big and well lit. The sheets were clean and the room was well maintained. The water heater and all of the switches were working fine. I searched the room for any creepy crawlies and fortunately didn't find any.
2. The staff here make this place worth staying at. They are very polite and helpful. They will promptly attend to any concerns you may raise. The WiFi on the first floor wasn't working and they were quick to address the issue and bring a portable modem to my room until they fixed the issue. The manager and his subordinate Arun ensure that your stay is as pleasant as possible.
3. The place is located on a hill and is mostly surrounded by greenery. The guest house has two tiny gardens and a big parking space. The common balcony has great view of the city, which looks amazing after dark, all lit up. Overall, the guesthouse is in a great location scenically and looks like how they have shown on their website.
1. While it's a pro, the location is also a con due to the guesthouse's accessibility. The approach road to the guest house is broken and very narrow. There are trucks that go up and down this narrow road and it can be a problem to new drivers. If you are an experienced driver, the steep broken road should not be a problem. However, if you are novice driver, driving down to the city and back up to this place can be a challenge. On the upside, the manager did mention that repair works are going on and the road should be fixed in a few months.
2. There are no stores/restaurants around the guesthouse and you will have to go all the way down the hill to find something to eat or to shop. The guest house does have an in-house chef. Unfortunately, he/she was unavailable when I visited. The staff will arrange lunch/dinner for you if you inform them beforehand, however, I would suggest you go down to the city to explore options.
3. Finding a taxi/rickshaw can be difficult here owing to its location. Again, the staff will arrange a taxi for you, but it can take a good while before it arrives. So ensure you have your transport issues sorted in advance.
4. There were minor issues like low voltage, internet breakdown, clogged shower head, etc which shouldn't be a deal breaker.
Overall the stay was pleasant and I was really impressed with the guesthouse and its staff.
PS: Do not visit Ooty during monsoon unless your plan is to stay in and relax. It rains almost all day and it may hamper your plans of exploring all the beautiful places in and around Ooty.
The home stay was clean and neat. The rooms are good in size. The stay was comfortable.The view from the home stay is very good. In general everyone will enjoy the stay here. The roads to this place is quite bad. Those who intend to walk will have some trouble with the waste being dumped on the road by the public.