We friends had visited this hotel for a night stay due to our friends marriage. We check in tools so long but neat as we checked in midnight. Rooms are neat and spacious for all of us to accommodate. Limited amenities which was enough for us. Good but not best for the money we paid.
We arrived pretty late at night to be received by a very courteous and helpful old man who happened to be the security guard. There stops all the positives.
The front-desk person was a sullen, rude, and unhelpful young boy who checked us in. The rate is about Rs. 2,000 per night (list rate is Rs. 2,500). He did not have any rate card.
The room itself was terrible; dusty and dirty. They don't believe in giving towels or soap. Being experienced traveller in rural India, I carry my own sheets, towels, and soaps; luckily did not have to bring out the bed I was carrying in my car.
The car park was something else. A deep almost 45 degree incline that makes it impossible to go in or out. So, better to park on the street.
Avoid this dump as there are many other options.
Visited Pondicherry this weekend on my return from Velankanni. Found this place while searching for a place to stay for a day. The property is located bang opposite the Chunnambar Boat House. In terms of location, this if one of the better locations in Pondicherry for tourists who are in search of a place nearby Paradise beach. Let me start with the Positives:
1) Location is Amazing especially if you love to go boating or visit sandy beaches.
2) The Manager, Mr. Rajkumar is an excellent person to speak with and very welcoming and homely.
3) The food in the in-house restaurant was quite good except for the complimentary breakfast which was a big letdown.
4) They have basement parking for 4/5 cars.
5) Room is excellent, huge and modern. AC and Flat Screen TV was good too. Toilet fittings were jaquar, so they were god too. Hot water was available 24 hrs.
Now the negatives:
1) The service is atrocious, i do not expect to be waiting 45 minutes for a coffee!! Eventually, the coffee was not delivered to the room and i had to make my way to the restaurant and ask them what the hell was happening. Service generally seems to be an issue at almost every hotel i have stayed in in Tamil Nadu. Maybe service just isn't in their blood :(. The tables were not cleaned at the restaurant when we stepped in for breakfast. They had one guy serving the entire breakfast. Miraculously, the owner of the hotel happened to step in the restaurant and the service improved dramatically while he was there!! The moment he left, they went back to being lethargic.
2) The room has no mini-fridge, considering the type of property it is and considering it is in pondy where the weather is hot and you would like to have an ice-cold beer, this is a let down. I have stayed in hotels in pondy before, where there was no fridge, however, the staff used to keep the bottles in their fridge and you could ask for it anytime. I was assured this would be the case before i booked the room. However, the security guard, who was entrusted with this duty said that the manager in the restaurant was not allowing him to keep the bottles there. So there i was, with 12 bottles of warm beer! This was just not done.
3) The balcony door was not closing and this could pose a secret security risk. Also, the AC outlet was just above the balcony exit, so the whole balcony was wet with the AC dripping water all over. I stayed in room 210.
5) The room was huge but i cannot understand the logic of having a 6 x 4 cot in such a huge room. Clearly deserved a Queen, if not a King Size bed (See attached images). The sofa in the room was hard.
I have rated this place so only because of the service of Mr. Rajkumar who was apologetic about what we had to endure and the food . Even though the hotel manager Mr. Rajkumar was excellent, one person cannot really cover up the faults of the rest of the staff. This place is a good place to stay if service is not so much of a concern or if you will be out of the room most times due to sight-seeing. :)
I visited pondicherry this weekend and unfortunately booked this sham off goibibo.
The website says 24 hour check-in but everybody was fast asleep. Had to make a hullabaloo to wake the watchman up to open the gate.
The room was dirty and the washroom smelled like a public toilet, still unwashed from the previous guests stay. We found fungus and some type of mushroom growing from the wall.
We were too tired to fight it out this late so we crashed. Morning came and no breakfast came although we had paid for bed n breakfast. Check the site. They woke us up at 9 am saying our car was blocking the gate, even though the watchman said it's OK to park there. So we somehow parked in the basement after squeezing through a badly parked innova and coming within 1 cm of the pillar. The rooms didn't have towels, no soap shampoo and toothbrush, no minibar, no water and no blankets! We c pestered front desk and they brought us ONE blanket! We asked for one more but they said OK and never came back!! It's unfortunate that we had pre booked this place for 3 days otherwise we wouldve immediately checked out to a different hotel. The second day while taking my car out, no watchman came to help me get the car out and the narrow pillars pulled my side view mirror off. Thankfully no major damage or scratches. All three days no breakfast was served. Second day I get a call from front desk asking if I was staying for one or two days. What morons. They don't even know how long I was staying even though it's clearly mentioned for them that I'm staying for three days. While coming back to the hotel in the evening they ask me which room? Which room? Like I am some stranger creeping into their hotel and using one of their horrible shabby rooms. Final day someone must've been smoking near the ac out door unit and all the smoke smell came rushing through the room.
Never coming back here, and don't recommend anyone else to stay here! Avoid like the plague.
Bonne alternative si vous souhaitez sejourner a Pondichery.
Hotel tres propre, air conditionne, chambres spacieuses.
Necessite trajets Rikshaw ou Location scooter.
Proche des plages bordant l'ocean Indien (10 mn en scooter)