If you want to explore Port Blair then Hotel De Marina is the best place to be. Here's why:
1. Location: 15 min drive from the airport and close to most scenic spots in Port Blair. Cellular Jail, Marina Park, All faith temple of Ramakrishna Mission.
2. Food and service is amazing. Don't forget to have the dinner at the rooftop restaurant.
3. The rooms and clean and have good amenities.
- Close to tourist destinations, like Cellular jail, aquarium, ross-island jetty etc.
- Good ocean view from restaurant - on 4th floor
- Courteous staff
- Wifi access (but only in reception area)
- 24 hrs room service, which is specially needed for travelling with a small kid
- They provided us a packed breakfast, at 6am in the morning when we have to leave for north Andaman
- Cost is slightly on higher side, considering the facilities (This is subjective, it was high maybe because we traveled in December-end)
- This is a basic transit type hotel
While waiting in portblair, we explored restaurent of de marina. It was a suggestion from Google and we have chosen it based on reviews. It is on the fourth floor of hotel de marina. View is good.. We have ordered sea food and found it good.. Veg cheese pasta was very bland and not at all good...
While eating food, view of rajeev gandhi water sports complex is clearly visible.
Has a very good beach facing restaurant. Rooms were neat and clean (cleaned on a daily basis). Food was tasty and buffet breakfast was having good options. Intercom was available at room and wifi in the reception area only.
Only one problem was that the room access card was supposed to be renewed every day which was little pain.
I never imagined my experience would be so bad, The fan in the room works on only full speed, no option to slow it down. The AC is directly on your face, there was no option to pay by card as the person sitting at the reception does not know how to operate the machine. There are ants, so if you keep food on the table for sometime, you will find ants eating it.
I thought the food must be good, but it the worst of all. Never never never order food for the restaurant. I had ordered shezwan noodles, it had a really bad spell and had to throw it away. So i ordered bread butter but that was also bassi (2-3 days old).
There is some government office, so the bright light from there directly comes on your face if you want to sit the balcony.