Other reviews are a bit damning, so I put in my review to hopefully balance things.
The cockroaches and bugs - yes I saw ONE cockroach in my room and maybe 5 other assorted bugs around the property - you are on a remote island expect this or pay > $200 per night. Same deal with power cuts - yes every few hours, but only for < 5 mins. My only minor annoyance was the 06:30am knock on your door asking if you wanted a cup of tea. This should be solved if they get "Do Not Disturb" signs.
The free breakfast was great "local" offering. The restaurant food was superb.
The location is very good, you can walk to shops or pickup transport in 3 mins.
My seaview room wasn't spectacular, but airco/bed/shower all did their job well.
Lastly, many thanks to managers for allowing me extra hour in room after checkout as I was not so well (heat stroke from previous long day exploring) and needed bit more rest before flight.
Not worth staying
by Amar K on
May 1, 2018
This hotel is not worth staying as there are many black cockroaches in the room as well as in Banquet hall n dinning room. don't know how many cockroaches they cooked along with other foods. staffs are not friendly n cooperative. from our room no. 104 to banquet hall to have meals we had to walk down passing 2 kitchens which is stinking n dirty as well. We hardly had any meals after seeing these. bathroom flush not working. some temp control gadget is fixed on AC and the room is not cool at all and we had to put on fan too along with AC.
Near to the Port Blair airport as well as good place in the city. Hotel staff was very cooperative..Rooms are clean A/C works flawless..Main thing is their Shimla/Pahadi Chicken is AWESOME...Bouffet is awesome both lunch as well as dinner...I would have given 5 stars if they offer some discount for family members otherwise everything is fine.
I made the biggest blunder by check-in in this hotel with family.Terrible rooms,horrible room service.Worst attitude of staff.Toilet door not closing from outside,keep you waiting for half an hour for water.Would take lunch, dinner order for room but will deny service as they lack boys.You will be forced to go their restaurant.
Bar is separate, high charges but pathetic room service. The guy doing room service was arrogant,ill mannered and was all the time trying to be oversmart.
In one word avoid this hotel at any cost!
1. Very nice rooms with moder facilities like LED TV with almost all available channels, Good AC, Comfortable & clean beds, Spacious clean wardrobe. We were here for 2+1 nights. During the last check-in we were offered one of the rooms specially designed for specially-abled-guests. Very thoughtful and well-planned room this was, with bedside calling bell, within reach washbasin outside bathroom etc.
2. Neat and tidy bathrooms with all modern facilities. Western commod only.
3. Very good housekeeping. I had mistakenly lost my OTG (an 1cm x 1cm pendrive like device) in the room/bed. After 3 days when we re-checked in the hotel, we described the device to a housekeeper. Surprisingly he came up with my device within 5 minutes !
During 2 nights' stay in thhe hotel, we had submitted the keys to reception after first night while going for the city tour. In the evening we found new clean towels, nicely made bed which we left untidy in the morning & even new pieces of soaps in room.
4. Room service is good. We could oreder our dinner over intercom and get dinner delivered to the room within 40-45 minutes. They also offer bed-tea im the room every morning, right at 6-6:30 am. Bed tea is complementary.
5. Complementary breakfast comes in buffet form. In the buffut they offer wide variety of items. Like one morning we found bread & butter/jam, puri sabji, upma, boiled egg/omlet, tea/coffee - all available for every guest. All the items are delicious and served neat and cleanly. We had to start at 5:30 am in the morning for Havelock, they gave us packed breakfast in that early hours. Also there was hot tea/coffee available in the reception area at 5:30 am.
6. In-house restaurant has a nice ambience. Comfortable AC, sofa/chairs, nice menu with reasonable price. Food is really good. We were surprised to find 3 pieces of fish in one 180/- worth dish. If one is staying in this hotel there's no need to go outside for food.
Lastly, wifi connection is not available. Actually whole Andaman is very poor with internet connection, so it'll be foolish enough to expect & demand fast wifi connection anywhere in Andaman.