We were here for Sunday brunch.
1. Take discount coupon from little app or nearby.com for sunday brunch. Buffet is not worth original cost.
1. Very courteous staff. I visited with infant and staff was helpful enough to ask me if they can baby sit my infant for some time so that I can eat peacefully. That was a really heartfelt gesture.
2. Starters and desserts were really good.
1. Main course was a let down. Also chat items were pathetic (so much sweet that you can't have a single bite).
2. They claim to have live Bollywood singing throughout buffet. But it started very late, like we were almost half way done.
Probably one of my rate poor reviews, and in this case, i felt it is needed. Please read this before booking.
I stayed for 9 nights.
Some staff are very nice.
Room is clean
- Where do I start. All comments on being dated and needing refurbishment is correct. It is really below any 5* for any Indian hotel (Really, the star rating is a made up number in this hotel).
- 3 nights (Wednesday - ladies Night), Friday and Saturday, there is thudding music upto 1:30 am. So if you are planning to stay on these nights, and are on the lower floors (i.e. below 3rd floor, be warned). - Yes they moved me the next day from 1st floor to 3rd floor, so i had the same experience. This issue overrides everything else, as sleep is the primary need for a hotel
- Buffet is of poor / average standard. There was one chef that did make a nice dish, but this was not the norm
- because one of my team members had a bike, I could not be dropped of at the front of the hotel, but had to go to the back where there is open sewerage (This on a health level should raise eyebrows)
- Asked to talk to a manager, and promised he would call. Never happened over 4 days. Disappointing in lack of care.
- One day, had to wait for 20 minutes for a lift in the morning, as they had hundreds of children in the lift blocking it. We were told the emergency stairwell is locked by one of the staff. (What happens in the event of a fire!!!). So I had someone was waiting for me for me to get down from the room for this time.
It is sad when there are some gems in a hotel, and genuinely nice people. But worse if management are ineffective.
Honestly, if you get a choice, look elsewhere, as this hotel is hit an miss, and pay the little bit extra. It may save on your blood pressure.
I have thought a few times before writing this review, but you can see, I am genuinely disappointed in my stay.
At reception to my best it was Mr Gurav ( Maharashtrian gentleman ) and Simran at Bar who were best and loyal to their job
Simran was offering best service and dont forget to enjoy Karaoke on thursday's
I stayed at orchid pune for 3 nights. Must say quite disappointing. This property is way below the standards set by Orchid Mumbai.
1. Swimming pool is a disaster. Its extremely dirty..... Actually horrible
2. Room internals extremely shabby.
3. Basic things like fridge missing, no mini bar.
4. SPA services a let down
The only good things about the hotel are.....
1. Merlin bar
2. Breakfast lounge
I must say i was let down. Probably my last stay at Orchid Pune.
This hotel is opposed to the idea of making a guest feel comfortable, on the contrary they shall go the distance to ensure that the stay is highly inconvenient. The hotel is maintained very poorly and the standards of cleanliness are rather low. They have an absurd policy of not bringing in any outside food which would have been understandable if they had affordable cafes in or around the hotel. The hotel is situated on the highway and no mode other than the hotel transport ( expensive) is available easily. They have ensured every mean to make money at the basic necessity of eating. During my stay I was not aware of their food policy and ordered myself some food which I intended in eating in my room. As soon as the delivery boy arrived and I took the food from him, I was treated like a serious offender and had four bouncers guarding me from eating my food. The hotel manage, Atul directed me to go to the highway and stand there and finish my food and then enter the hotel. So much for calling themselves a five star hotel when the basic etiquette and courtesy seemed to be lacking. THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEIR SERVICES.