Very good hotel i enjoy the hotel.i like the beautiful place.its nearer by a good looking sea and big sea to watch this beautiful sea from this hotel.its nearer bhatey beach.this beach is cool.like awesome
That's the best part of Ratna Sagar beach resort. They have 40 cottages with std/deluxe/premium options, just in front of Bhatye beach, Ratnagiri. Almost all the cottages have beach view. Deluxe/premium cottages are obviously at front and closer view of beach and waves. Standard cottages are also decent and nice view ahead.
Good things there..
1. Layout of wooden cottages is nice n specious. We stayed their for 3 nights ( 2 nights std, 1 night deluxe). Overall surrounding of resort is really nice. Lots of greenery around, coconut trees, swings, hammocks around cottages.
2. The restaurant there gives you feel of goa. We really liked to sit and relax after lunch in afternoon. The silence of the noon with waves sound, watching beach in front, gossiping, was so so good.
3. Package includes food, so if you just want to chill out n relax, this is the best place at Ratnagiri.
4. Food is good here.
5. Deluxe cottages are really nice n comfortable.
6. Ample parking space. Bicycles available.
Things can be better...
1. Poolside dinner is nice thought but the choice of music could have been much better. It could be light, soft n low.
2. If you get cottages far away from reception, you may feel scary in nights. Security would be there but more lights could have helped. Sound of waves of closer beach sometimes make you scare.
3. Karaoke, shows for kids, indoor games would be more fun if were there. Carrom is there but just ok.
4. Std cottages should include Rajai as well in winter.
Overall, I like the stay there. I arrived late there after 3pm but staff still somehow made food available for us which is nice gesture.
So, chill out there, eat, play on clean beach, have an evening beach walk, see sunset n sleep well. Keep your vacation simple.
You go with great expectations and you get exactly that esp on new years , couldnt ask for more. was there for 2017 new years eve. excellent food, superb location. class amenities, beautiful cottages. it was just excellent, i keep saying that whenever i talk about it. only lacking was the cycles that were promised were not in place. the property has 40 cottages and there were only two adult cycles and 2 kids one. when pointed it out to the management, they gave very lame excuse of the cycles breaking down again and again. Other than that it was a wonderful stay. the BHatey beach is one of the best beaches i have been to. Its an 8 hr journey from Mumbai, that's something you gotta think through, but when you reach the place, it pays off. Ganpatipule is the nearest place 20 kms . Another place to visit is Thibaw palace which isnt that exciting. To sum up, this resort is a wonderful place to visit for a couple nights to be at peace.
I was at the resort for 3 nights with family. It is right on the beach. Beach is not crowded and clean. No activities on beach. Resort rooms are average. The resort premises are kept clean. Swimming pool is big can be kept more clean. They have restaurant by the beach. Food is buffet, taste is good. Not enough items on the buffet. There is only 1 fish item on the buffet.
Break fast is average, not enough items and idli is permanent item.
Salads for Lunch & Dinner is good. Rest items are good.
Dinner buffet for the residents is served on the pool side, which was great experience
They have tea time in the evening, they are very strict about the time. It is from 5 to 6pm. When we went at 6.10pm, they did not serve tea. I was bit surprised, but they say it is the policy. I was not happy about it, because when we went at 5 tea was not ready.
I would to thank Mr. Rajan the restaurant manager who works very hard to make sure everyone is happy and taken care of. Swapnil at the restaurant also make effort to keep the customers happy
Rooms are average, A/C is working but not cooling. Rooms size is small. I stayed in 2 bed room with 1 bath room. It is the size of 1 room in a good hotel. They charge you like good hotel.
They have bicycles to roam around the property (2 big ones & 3 small ones)
It is 1 km from Ratnagiri town on the road side. There is nothing much to see or do nearby. We mostly spend time at the beach and resort
We all enjoyed the vacation.
Excellent location, Good food , Average resort & high price
Location - Excellent. The beach is clean and not crowded.
Service - Very Good
Food - Excellent
Overall Experience - Excellent
Accomodation - Good - Sea facing cottages are good.
Would recommend for a relaxing and serene getaway