I had been here in last week...I found this hotel nice. Yes heater problem is there but then in my room it was working properly. Staff was courteous and food was good too. Only problem was there was electricity cut off so often because of weather in Shimla so couldn't get to watch TV in room throughout my stay. Hot water was there on time as per instructions.
Visited this hotel in January as it was listed under the package taken with VEENA World.
Few good things about hotel
1) Only 1 service executive was polite(Forgot the name but mid age and picks n drops your baggage at checkout) - rest all are just doing their jobs coz someone has appointed them - no customer service attitude.
2) Location was okey - the hotel is BIG enough to accomodate large groups.
3) View from the room was stunning, Snow all over... woh !
NOW COMES THE WORST Part of the review, lets count the BAD THINGS Now,
1) In Shimala when every year there is snow fall, the concept of HEATER Should be room heater & Not something funny like small coil heater which can heat-up only a 4 by 4 are of bathroom.
See attached photo of heater Compare to ME & ROOM -- you'll go mad when someone call that as HEATER at -6 Degree temp. outside.
2) There so called HEATERS are provided only on last day (2 days package) saying they can';t run HEATERS On Generators.... Unlike the more power consuming WOOFERS and Dolby digital sound were still being played every night with SO LOUD MUSIC that shaking our walls and eardrums even after 10 PM.
3) Food, Who will be going so many kilometres away just to eat cauliflower onion tomato curry twice ? Food variety has to be maintained at any cost, there should be 2 alternatives any time considering the no of guests checking in hotel.
4) Blankets.... BIG Disappointment !! They provide you normal blankets which generally a Mumbai/pune guys have in their homes.... this is annoying, when asked for EXTRA Blanket they said this is what they have !!!
A FRANK SUGGESTION GUYS ---> Go to HOTEL DAFFODILS (Manali) And SEE WHAT DOES A BLANKET MEAN !! Learn from other good hotels and implement it, Do not just ROB OUR MONEY without giving us service !!
5) Hotel is little above the road ground and you have to walk up to hotel 100Mtrs due to SNOW Becoming ICE and no vehicles can go up.
when you know this BAD condition why cant CHAIN RAILINGS be installed atleast for the sec of elderly people to make sure they go down and come up safely while walking on the ICE.
6) HOT WATER 6AM to 9PM, 6PM to 9PM....... This is totally CHEAT ~!! they spare you hot water only for 1 hour hardly, and still they are not at all ASHAMED of this, there is no apology/Regret shown by any of the STAFF knowing this fact !!
7) complete floaring is either softWood tiled or Spartex tiles - becomes so HARD To STEP UP without a carpet/Floor MAT when it becomes -6 Degree outside.
No alternatives provided -- GUYS Learn to provide USE and THROW Slippers which will cost you hardly 20 Rs per piece..... anyways the CHARGES are not worth, but add it up to final bill if you dont care about providing service.
8) when Power gets off, the GENERATOR is stopped at 10:30 PM .. and after that YOU GUYS MUST SLEEP !! --- when asked for CANDLES the reception people was like... WHAT ?? CANDLES ?? WHATS THAT ?? Etc etc. when we are paying you in thousands per night at least give us some LIGHT !!
OVERALL Its a BIG NO NO for this HOTEL Until they change 3 major things.
1) RUGS/BLANKETS (Should be heavy and warm)
2) Floor Mats/Carpets
3) CENTRALIZED OR AT LEAST BAR HEATERS....a MUST HAVE !!
I've GIVEN The same FEEDBACK To VEENA WORLD since they do GROUP Bookings which ensure that this hotel does good business, but then guys seriously the business ethics should be maintained !!
One of the family had to cancel the rest of the trip due to this scary behavior and service provided at SHIMLA... and thats the biggest reason why i'm writting this here, please do CROSS CHECK WITH ANY AGENT You're booking with ...may it be VEENA WORLD, KESARI, COX & KINGS, MAKEMYTRIP,CLEARTRIP,TRIVAGO Etc etc etc....
DO CHECK FOR ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS.
Personal message me if you need some more info.
** If you like my review - do not forget to click on helpful vote button.... :)
Trip arranged by Veena World. We stayed for two nights in peak winter season.
There was no proper mechanism to heat the room. Heater provided was very weak and got off in the middle of night. No way to get replacement. Requested for second heater then they asked 300 bugs for the same.
Next day morning we requested for room cleaning, when we come back in evening it was as it is in messy state, even towels were also not changed.
Food was pretty average.
One star is for working staff, rest is pathetic.
I don't recommend this hotel for family stay.
he size of the rooms is small, the view from the rooms not that gr8, very far from mall road, the food is very good and tasty. The staff is helpful and always smiling which I welcome. The bathrooms are clean but slightly dysfunctional as the sink was leaking all through my stay. The wifi is free but hardly accessible. The steep entrance is discouraging. It is OK if u are traveling in a car.
I have stayed here for two nights in November 2016. I reached there at late in night.... So tired..... But receptionist gave us warm welcome.... Very smooth check in...... Delicious food in dinner and breakfast..... Good service....