wonderful place to stay rooms are well maintained quite big having all arrangements for winter ,service is awesome just a click away , food quality is good especially wazwan and there own bakery .
overall fantastic place front desk Mr altaf and Mr firdose very friendly .you feel home away home
Every visit to Srinagar is incomplete without a Lunch Dinner at iconic Ahdoos, known for its Kashmiri cuisine Wazvan. Being centrally heated and located@ Residency Road in the heart of city makes it walking distance from Dal Lake area. This time I tried TARALI - full platter of Rice with Mutton Seekh Kabab, Mithi minced meat thick gravy and, Rista, Ghustba and Vegetarian delicacies summed up with hot Kashmiri Kahwa of Saffron Almonds
I was shocked to see this Hotel is Ranked #80 here. It deserves a place atleast in Top 10.
What is Great about this Place:
1) Very good Rooms. Spacious, Clean, well Ventilated. Neat and Clean BathRooms.
2) It is located right in the Center of Main Market or rather center of the City. Shopping Centres and Dal Lake are at walkable distance. River Jhelum flows on the back-side of the Hotel and can be a good view for few rooms.
3) Very Co-operative, Polite and Disciplined Staff. Speak Hindi and English very well. Infact they speak English more fluently than Hindi.
4) This Hotel has a History of 100 years and they have their very own Restaurant and Bakery too. This Hotel started off as a Restaurant and Bakery first. It is the most Reputed Restaurant if you want to try the AUTHENTIC KASHMIRI CUISINE.
Because of its Legacy and Authenticity with KASHMIRI CUISINE you will find even the Big Shots of SriNagar dining here. But that does not mean the rates will drill a Hole in your pocket. The cost is simply mediocre and absolutely reasonable.
5)It is very rare that you book a Hotel for the Stay and end up liking its Restaurant more. Given the Food Quality , Quantity and Taste ...prices are negligible. Me and my Husband DEVOURED every AUTHENTIC KASHMIRI CUISINE on the Menu as if we had not eaten for decades.
6) As this Hotel is known for its Bakery and Restaurant, you will always find people going in and out. But that does not cause problem to Tourists who are lodging there. Only Parking can be an issue.
7) You will find Muffins, Cakes, Cookies, Pastries, Chocolates and what not in the Bakery. Everything is Top Quality and Taste.
8) This reminds me, as they 'Bake their own Cake', whenever we opened the windows of our Room, it was was filled with Tempting and Mouth Watering Aroma of Muffins and Cakes. So much so that we had to shut the windows to make ourselves to go of to sleep in midst of this Aroma filled room. Ahhhh....!!! that was one Hell of a (Sweet) Torture :)
A few dishes that one must try (Non - Veg): Goshtaba, Rushtaba, Methi Mutton/Gosht, Mutton Yakhni, Rogan Josh, Any Mutton Biryani.
We did not eat Veg at all :P . But still Vegetarians should try Nadru Yakhni (Lotus Stem Curry).
What is not so Great about this Place :
Parking Space is small and congested.
Wi-Fi was not working properly during our stay. Not sure if this issue persists often with the Hotel.
No Alcohol.(Islamic Prohibition).
*DISCLAIMER (generic - applicable to this city/near by places) :
1) Kashimiri Cuisine is known for Mutton (Lamb,Goat) Meat. Avoid Chicken or Fish dishes here.
2) As it is a Muslim dominated state/city , do not even expect PORK anywhere in the Menu. Even asking the staff about it by mistake can be an Offence.
3) Kashmir is a Conflict/Riots Prone region (between India and Pakistan for Political reasons). Foreigners will be Treated very good for their Skin color and capacity of the Money they can spend. Rest of the Indians (especially Hindus , Sikhs , Catholics etc....) expect Hostility from the Locals and ShopKeepers.
4) Having said above , Still you are quite Safe if you are a Tourist because majority of Kashmir's/Srinagar's revenue and occupation is dependent on Tourism and hence they will try to keep you safe as much as possible.
5) Do not trust ShopKeepers. Practice good Bargaining Skills.
6) You will be swarmed by vendors/sellers while on your Boat Ride in Dal Lake. Be Smart. Bargain Good.
7) The WholeSale shops in Dal Lake are more Expensive. Do not Trust their Stories about prices. Bargain Good No Matter what.
8) Finding Liquor Shops in the Market or Alcohol in Restaurants is impossible. Again because it is prohibited in Islam.
9) Carry your own Liquor and have it in your private Room. Having Liquor in Public is not openly accepted.
10) Skin show is not accepted open-mindedly in this place be it Women or Men. So Girls and Guys, Western Outfits are OK but avoid showing Skin as much as possible.
Have a GREAT SRINAGAR :)
It's basically a bakery shop , modified into hotel . Non professional staff , switched off AC and Power Points at midnight (105 & 107 rooms), when electricity was there in vicinity . No one answered 125 , went at counter at 2:30 , thru non lit staircase - no soul in reception ! Managed night !
Dinner in restaurant was okay , if u are a vegetarian avoid Ahdoos hotel .
Wanted to complaint in morning at 06:30 am , only the guard was there , waste - registering here !
Will suggest avoid Ahdoos for stay , prefer only bakery items .
If you are a food lover and happen to be in Kashmir,then this is the place you should not miss.you can have traditional Kashmiri Wazwan (traditional Kashmiri cuisine ) do try Tabak Maz,Lahabi Kebab,Rusty or Gushtaba.